- 426 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: India
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- BRAINWAVZ: M3 B2 or even M4 ? Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- is there a reason why i should try an amp? Last post on 9/19/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- UE700's or HF5's? Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 potential and uDAC Last post on 6/5/11 at 9:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
EL-8 fuses the best of many worlds for me. Picture if you will, the deepest, well defined bass you have ever heard. Now add to the picture the warmth only a ribbon tweeter can produce. Top all this...
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Mini^3 vs Arrow 3g vs Fiio E11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The somebodies. You got no response cause no one got their E11 until today. I just got my E11 in and I got a mini3 (gain 2) so I'll let you know once the thing finishes charging. I can already tell you one advantage is that the mini3 allows you to listen to it while it is still charging unlike the E11. They are the same exact size with the mini3 being 1.75x as thick as the iphone and E11.
I noticed you have the RE-0 and that's what I have been using to test them out. I found that the Re-0 benefits from both, but it definitely depends on what you are looking for. My mini3 is the high performance one with a gain of 2. I don't write reviews very often so these are my impressions after listening to these headphones for a day at the library
Portability: The winner is the Fiio E11 hands down. It is the same length and width as the mini3 but is half the size which is huge when you are throwing it in your pocket connected to the iphone. It also makes a pretty nice setup when you hook it up to your ipod/iphone via a L9.
Cost: $60 is a pretty amazing deal for the E11 while the mini3 costs slightly more at $90 from glass jar audio.
Sound: The mini3 maintains the typical sound profile of the Re-0. When I first used the E11, my first impression was dang this thing is dark. Enough that I couldn't believe I was listening to the RE-0. I do have a bias because I really do love brighter sounding profiles. I did find though that the darkness disappeared when you switched the gain up. Both amps can drive the heck out of the mini3 and i'll take the E11 home today and tell you how it drives my HD650s. The bass boost is very helpful with 3 settings and can really improve the low end of the RE-0 that people so often complain about. It could be worth a shot if you are sick of how the RE-0 sounds.
Battery Life: Roughly the same. I get around 8-10 hours on both of them. I have not played with low versus high gain battery life on the E11 yet.
Overall: The portability of the E11 is amazing, but the fact that you cant use it while charging is a bit annoying especially when you cant wait to use it. It is just too dark for my taste, but it would be great if you thought your RE-0s were too bright. In this battle, the mini 3 wins because it preserves the things I love most about the RE-0.
uhhh are you really trying to compare amps that range in the price spectrum? Mini^3 is 90 while the arrow 3g is 300, which one do you think is better. Just ask everyone in the arrow appreciation thread what they think.
Higher cost doesn't necessarily mean better performance. These three amps are made using different approaches. Each approach translates to a different price level, even before considering the actual product.
E11 is a mass produced amp. Most of the manufacturing process is fully automated and done by machines. Because the volume they sell is so high, they can get the raw parts much more cheaply. The labour costs for the non-automated parts of the process are also lower since they are based in China. Very good value for money.
Headstage also mass produces, though probably at a lower volume than Fiio. So the parts don't come as cheap, and neither is renting time on the machines. Labour costs are also higher since they are based in Germany. Headstage knows this so they cater to the higher end consumers. You pay more but get a higher level of prestige.
Mini^3 is a DIY amp. AMB did the hard design work and gives out the finished design for free. There are no advertising and marketing costs. You buy the parts yourself and assemble it on your own time. The enjoyment comes not only from using the amp, but also from building it and knowing that the amp is uniquely yours in a way that a pre-made one can never be.
(I'm a little biased, being a DIYer.)
Each approach is good in its own right. Notice that I am not comparing the actual products in question, only the method of production. I have never heard the E11 or the Arrow 3G. It's entirely possible that in this case the most expensive one is really the best sounding.
ditto. I like the way the RE0s sound. And the first time i listened to the Mini^3 via the 0s, i was like, this thing is clean. I love how the sound is powerful and pure, to me it sounds transparent.overall, awesome amp, i love all the power it has in such a form factor. If the E11 is dark, mayb i should jus forget buying it at all.
i am not basing this comparison on the price point of view.
- Mini^3 vs Arrow 3g vs Fiio E11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 15 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Maverick Audio D2 and Schiit Asgard 2, a good match? 1 minute ago
- › $500 iem vs $500 headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2