- 439 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: India
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- BRAINWAVZ: M3 B2 or even M4 ? Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- is there a reason why i should try an amp? Last post on 9/19/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- UE700's or HF5's? Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 potential and uDAC Last post on 6/5/11 at 9:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Mini^3 vs Arrow 3g vs Fiio E11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The somebodies. You got no response cause no one got their E11 until today. I just got my E11 in and I got a mini3 (gain 2) so I'll let you know once the thing finishes charging. I can already tell you one advantage is that the mini3 allows you to listen to it while it is still charging unlike the E11. They are the same exact size with the mini3 being 1.75x as thick as the iphone and E11.
I noticed you have the RE-0 and that's what I have been using to test them out. I found that the Re-0 benefits from both, but it definitely depends on what you are looking for. My mini3 is the high performance one with a gain of 2. I don't write reviews very often so these are my impressions after listening to these headphones for a day at the library
Portability: The winner is the Fiio E11 hands down. It is the same length and width as the mini3 but is half the size which is huge when you are throwing it in your pocket connected to the iphone. It also makes a pretty nice setup when you hook it up to your ipod/iphone via a L9.
Cost: $60 is a pretty amazing deal for the E11 while the mini3 costs slightly more at $90 from glass jar audio.
Sound: The mini3 maintains the typical sound profile of the Re-0. When I first used the E11, my first impression was dang this thing is dark. Enough that I couldn't believe I was listening to the RE-0. I do have a bias because I really do love brighter sounding profiles. I did find though that the darkness disappeared when you switched the gain up. Both amps can drive the heck out of the mini3 and i'll take the E11 home today and tell you how it drives my HD650s. The bass boost is very helpful with 3 settings and can really improve the low end of the RE-0 that people so often complain about. It could be worth a shot if you are sick of how the RE-0 sounds.
Battery Life: Roughly the same. I get around 8-10 hours on both of them. I have not played with low versus high gain battery life on the E11 yet.
Overall: The portability of the E11 is amazing, but the fact that you cant use it while charging is a bit annoying especially when you cant wait to use it. It is just too dark for my taste, but it would be great if you thought your RE-0s were too bright. In this battle, the mini 3 wins because it preserves the things I love most about the RE-0.
uhhh are you really trying to compare amps that range in the price spectrum? Mini^3 is 90 while the arrow 3g is 300, which one do you think is better. Just ask everyone in the arrow appreciation thread what they think.
Higher cost doesn't necessarily mean better performance. These three amps are made using different approaches. Each approach translates to a different price level, even before considering the actual product.
E11 is a mass produced amp. Most of the manufacturing process is fully automated and done by machines. Because the volume they sell is so high, they can get the raw parts much more cheaply. The labour costs for the non-automated parts of the process are also lower since they are based in China. Very good value for money.
Headstage also mass produces, though probably at a lower volume than Fiio. So the parts don't come as cheap, and neither is renting time on the machines. Labour costs are also higher since they are based in Germany. Headstage knows this so they cater to the higher end consumers. You pay more but get a higher level of prestige.
Mini^3 is a DIY amp. AMB did the hard design work and gives out the finished design for free. There are no advertising and marketing costs. You buy the parts yourself and assemble it on your own time. The enjoyment comes not only from using the amp, but also from building it and knowing that the amp is uniquely yours in a way that a pre-made one can never be.
(I'm a little biased, being a DIYer.)
Each approach is good in its own right. Notice that I am not comparing the actual products in question, only the method of production. I have never heard the E11 or the Arrow 3G. It's entirely possible that in this case the most expensive one is really the best sounding.
ditto. I like the way the RE0s sound. And the first time i listened to the Mini^3 via the 0s, i was like, this thing is clean. I love how the sound is powerful and pure, to me it sounds transparent.overall, awesome amp, i love all the power it has in such a form factor. If the E11 is dark, mayb i should jus forget buying it at all.
i am not basing this comparison on the price point of view.
- Mini^3 vs Arrow 3g vs Fiio E11
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 seconds ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 10 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 37 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 42 seconds ago
- › ifi micro ican vs ifi micro ican se 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...