Yeah I know, it will add time to the job though, making it take longer than "10 minutes", and most of the time, it still isn't easy to solder.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAiaiaitagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Selling my limited edition ATH-M50's w/ Detachable cable mod *only a week old* Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:48pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 750DJ (180$) vs ATH-M50 (238$) Last post on 9/12/11 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about Audio-Technica ATH M50 Last post on 8/29/11 at 11:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 3/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 40post #586 of 7974/5/14 at 4:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 7974/6/14 at 5:28pmpost #588 of 7974/6/14 at 7:08pmpost #589 of 7974/6/14 at 7:13pmpost #590 of 7974/7/14 at 11:25am
I find the stock cable to be heavier than I like. I also prefer the feel of paracord sleeving. Additionally, being able to change cables for portable use and home use is a nice benefit of adding a jack. Adding a jack really isn't that lengthy of a process, and the added benefits are worth the additional time, IMO.
If you really want a fast fix for the long cable, then you can just braid it. It was a nice quick fix and took less than 10 minutes when I wanted to convert my pair to portable before adding a jack.post #591 of 7974/9/14 at 7:13am
Here is my "mod":
I used this Jack:
Great Jack, worldwide shipping, but you need to "damage" your driver frame to get it in (this does not affect the sound).
Aslo the seller sent me 3 of em' despite I payed for 1 only...
More one thing I want to mention, the pads im using is the HM5 pads, with the sponge of the original pads underneath.
This makes the sound more "bass heavy", the headphones looks better, its more comfortable, and I prefer it. (without the original sponge underneath the trebel is a bit painful...
You need to use some force to get it on, but when you manage to succes, this is perfect, and seal great!
I bought them from here: (this is one earpad only so you need to order two)
Edited by bugo57 - 4/12/14 at 11:18ampost #592 of 7974/12/14 at 11:14ampost #593 of 7974/12/14 at 11:22am
Yep, I cut it off from the old pad, and just put it underneath the hm5 pad (between the pad and the driver)... (without a glue)
I would upload a picture but headfi not letting me...
Edited by bugo57 - 4/12/14 at 11:25ampost #594 of 7974/12/14 at 11:25ampost #595 of 7974/12/14 at 11:30am
Now it deleted my post after I edited it ! hope it will come back, because when I posted it first it disappeared and then suddenly appeared a day after... wierd!
BTW your mods are spectacular!
Edited by bugo57 - 4/12/14 at 11:37ampost #596 of 7974/16/14 at 11:49ampost #597 of 7974/17/14 at 4:19ampost #598 of 7974/19/14 at 2:33pmpost #599 of 7974/19/14 at 10:49pmReturn Home
- ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › deepest TIGHT bass over the ear sealed headphones $50 or under? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 8 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 11 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › AMP/DAC for Sennheiser HD 700 headphones 13 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 13 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...