Yeah I know, it will add time to the job though, making it take longer than "10 minutes", and most of the time, it still isn't easy to solder.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAiaiaitagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Selling my limited edition ATH-M50's w/ Detachable cable mod *only a week old* Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:48pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 750DJ (180$) vs ATH-M50 (238$) Last post on 9/12/11 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about Audio-Technica ATH M50 Last post on 8/29/11 at 11:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 3/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 40post #586 of 7974/5/14 at 4:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 7974/6/14 at 5:28pmpost #588 of 7974/6/14 at 7:08pmpost #589 of 7974/6/14 at 7:13pmpost #590 of 7974/7/14 at 11:25am
I find the stock cable to be heavier than I like. I also prefer the feel of paracord sleeving. Additionally, being able to change cables for portable use and home use is a nice benefit of adding a jack. Adding a jack really isn't that lengthy of a process, and the added benefits are worth the additional time, IMO.
If you really want a fast fix for the long cable, then you can just braid it. It was a nice quick fix and took less than 10 minutes when I wanted to convert my pair to portable before adding a jack.post #591 of 7974/9/14 at 7:13am
Here is my "mod":
I used this Jack:
Great Jack, worldwide shipping, but you need to "damage" your driver frame to get it in (this does not affect the sound).
Aslo the seller sent me 3 of em' despite I payed for 1 only...
More one thing I want to mention, the pads im using is the HM5 pads, with the sponge of the original pads underneath.
This makes the sound more "bass heavy", the headphones looks better, its more comfortable, and I prefer it. (without the original sponge underneath the trebel is a bit painful...
You need to use some force to get it on, but when you manage to succes, this is perfect, and seal great!
I bought them from here: (this is one earpad only so you need to order two)
Edited by bugo57 - 4/12/14 at 11:18ampost #592 of 7974/12/14 at 11:14ampost #593 of 7974/12/14 at 11:22am
Yep, I cut it off from the old pad, and just put it underneath the hm5 pad (between the pad and the driver)... (without a glue)
I would upload a picture but headfi not letting me...
Edited by bugo57 - 4/12/14 at 11:25ampost #594 of 7974/12/14 at 11:25ampost #595 of 7974/12/14 at 11:30am
Now it deleted my post after I edited it ! hope it will come back, because when I posted it first it disappeared and then suddenly appeared a day after... wierd!
BTW your mods are spectacular!
Edited by bugo57 - 4/12/14 at 11:37ampost #596 of 7974/16/14 at 11:49ampost #597 of 7974/17/14 at 4:19ampost #598 of 7974/19/14 at 2:33pmpost #599 of 7974/19/14 at 10:49pmReturn Home
- ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 3 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 6 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear