Yeah I know, it will add time to the job though, making it take longer than "10 minutes", and most of the time, it still isn't easy to solder.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAiaiaitagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Selling my limited edition ATH-M50's w/ Detachable cable mod *only a week old* Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:48pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 750DJ (180$) vs ATH-M50 (238$) Last post on 9/12/11 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about Audio-Technica ATH M50 Last post on 8/29/11 at 11:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 3/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 40post #586 of 7954/5/14 at 4:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 7954/6/14 at 5:28pmpost #588 of 7954/6/14 at 7:08pmpost #589 of 7954/6/14 at 7:13pmpost #590 of 7954/7/14 at 11:25am
I find the stock cable to be heavier than I like. I also prefer the feel of paracord sleeving. Additionally, being able to change cables for portable use and home use is a nice benefit of adding a jack. Adding a jack really isn't that lengthy of a process, and the added benefits are worth the additional time, IMO.
If you really want a fast fix for the long cable, then you can just braid it. It was a nice quick fix and took less than 10 minutes when I wanted to convert my pair to portable before adding a jack.post #591 of 7954/9/14 at 7:13am
Here is my "mod":
I used this Jack:
Great Jack, worldwide shipping, but you need to "damage" your driver frame to get it in (this does not affect the sound).
Aslo the seller sent me 3 of em' despite I payed for 1 only...
More one thing I want to mention, the pads im using is the HM5 pads, with the sponge of the original pads underneath.
This makes the sound more "bass heavy", the headphones looks better, its more comfortable, and I prefer it. (without the original sponge underneath the trebel is a bit painful...
You need to use some force to get it on, but when you manage to succes, this is perfect, and seal great!
I bought them from here: (this is one earpad only so you need to order two)
Edited by bugo57 - 4/12/14 at 11:18ampost #592 of 7954/12/14 at 11:14ampost #593 of 7954/12/14 at 11:22am
Yep, I cut it off from the old pad, and just put it underneath the hm5 pad (between the pad and the driver)... (without a glue)
I would upload a picture but headfi not letting me...
Edited by bugo57 - 4/12/14 at 11:25ampost #594 of 7954/12/14 at 11:25ampost #595 of 7954/12/14 at 11:30am
Now it deleted my post after I edited it ! hope it will come back, because when I posted it first it disappeared and then suddenly appeared a day after... wierd!
BTW your mods are spectacular!
Edited by bugo57 - 4/12/14 at 11:37ampost #596 of 7954/16/14 at 11:49ampost #597 of 7954/17/14 at 4:19ampost #598 of 7954/19/14 at 2:33pmpost #599 of 7954/19/14 at 10:49pmReturn Home
- ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Audeze EL-8 vs Hifiman 400i 2 minutes ago
- › Adding album art to FLAC files in OS X. Can it be done? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 6 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 8 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 10 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...