Yeah I know, it will add time to the job though, making it take longer than "10 minutes", and most of the time, it still isn't easy to solder.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAiaiaitagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Selling my limited edition ATH-M50's w/ Detachable cable mod *only a week old* Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:48pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 750DJ (180$) vs ATH-M50 (238$) Last post on 9/12/11 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about Audio-Technica ATH M50 Last post on 8/29/11 at 11:57am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 40post #586 of 7704/5/14 at 4:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 7704/6/14 at 5:28pmpost #588 of 7704/6/14 at 7:08pmpost #589 of 7704/6/14 at 7:13pmpost #590 of 7704/7/14 at 11:25am
I find the stock cable to be heavier than I like. I also prefer the feel of paracord sleeving. Additionally, being able to change cables for portable use and home use is a nice benefit of adding a jack. Adding a jack really isn't that lengthy of a process, and the added benefits are worth the additional time, IMO.
If you really want a fast fix for the long cable, then you can just braid it. It was a nice quick fix and took less than 10 minutes when I wanted to convert my pair to portable before adding a jack.post #591 of 7704/9/14 at 7:13am
Here is my "mod":
I used this Jack:
Great Jack, worldwide shipping, but you need to "damage" your driver frame to get it in (this does not affect the sound).
Aslo the seller sent me 3 of em' despite I payed for 1 only...
More one thing I want to mention, the pads im using is the HM5 pads, with the sponge of the original pads underneath.
This makes the sound more "bass heavy", the headphones looks better, its more comfortable, and I prefer it. (without the original sponge underneath the trebel is a bit painful...
You need to use some force to get it on, but when you manage to succes, this is perfect, and seal great!
I bought them from here: (this is one earpad only so you need to order two)
Edited by bugo57 - 4/12/14 at 11:18ampost #592 of 7704/12/14 at 11:14ampost #593 of 7704/12/14 at 11:22am
Yep, I cut it off from the old pad, and just put it underneath the hm5 pad (between the pad and the driver)... (without a glue)
I would upload a picture but headfi not letting me...
Edited by bugo57 - 4/12/14 at 11:25ampost #594 of 7704/12/14 at 11:25ampost #595 of 7704/12/14 at 11:30am
Now it deleted my post after I edited it ! hope it will come back, because when I posted it first it disappeared and then suddenly appeared a day after... wierd!
BTW your mods are spectacular!
Edited by bugo57 - 4/12/14 at 11:37ampost #596 of 7704/16/14 at 11:49ampost #597 of 7704/17/14 at 4:19ampost #598 of 7704/19/14 at 2:33pmpost #599 of 7704/19/14 at 10:49pmReturn Home
- ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 13 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 58 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW kjk1281's take JVC XX HA-FR100X Elation ... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2