New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 30

post #436 of 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post

Anyone know how to get the stock 3.5mm plug open so I can snip the wire shorter and re-solder it back on?

Sent from my Moto X

 

You could probably just take 2 pliers and twist them apart... much like the DIY plugs you see most plugs are assembled the same way.

 

However, they are machine assembled so it won't be easy to solder by hand, you're still better off buying a DIY Plug

post #437 of 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPanda View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post

Anyone know how to get the stock 3.5mm plug open so I can snip the wire shorter and re-solder it back on?

Sent from my Moto X

 

You could probably just take 2 pliers and twist them apart... much like the DIY plugs you see most plugs are assembled the same way.

 

However, they are machine assembled so it won't be easy to solder by hand, you're still better off buying a DIY Plug


Alright thanks man

Sent from my LG G2!
post #438 of 682

 

Spent sometime to mods my ATHM50RD today. Very please with the outcome.
No cutting on the inner part of the case, no hot glue, no super glue.. :thumbup:
These 3.5mm jack that I got from eBay come with locking mechanism, fit perfectly into m50.
*using 3rd party cable with volume control + mic, perfect for smartphone. :sly:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk


Edited by davidwyl - 3/3/14 at 4:09am
post #439 of 682

i just want to make sure that i will wire correctly 

 

green wire for gold connection black for ground and red for the second connector?

 

pic:

------

 

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ryhcpe.jpg

post #440 of 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwyl View Post


Spent sometime to mods my ATHM50RD today. Very please with the outcome.
No cutting on the inner part of the case, no hot glue, no super glue.. :thumbup:
These 3.5mm jack that I got from eBay come with locking mechanism, fit perfectly into m50.
*using 3rd party cable with volume control + mic, perfect for smartphone. :sly:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Post a link to those connectors you got.

post #441 of 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwyl View Post

byrepeta.jpg
Spent sometime to mods my ATHM50RD today. Very please with the outcome.
No cutting on the inner part of the case, no hot glue, no super glue.. :thumbup:
These 3.5mm jack that I got from eBay come with locking mechanism, fit perfectly into m50.
*using 3rd party cable with volume control + mic, perfect for smartphone. :sly:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

 

Amazing!

post #442 of 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwyl View Post

byrepeta.jpg
Spent sometime to mods my ATHM50RD today. Very please with the outcome.
No cutting on the inner part of the case, no hot glue, no super glue.. :thumbup:
These 3.5mm jack that I got from eBay come with locking mechanism, fit perfectly into m50.
*using 3rd party cable with volume control + mic, perfect for smartphone. :sly:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Can you possibly post all the things that you bought to do this?

Sent from my LG G2!
post #443 of 682
Quote:

Can you possibly post all the things that you bought to do this?

Sent from my LG G2!

tazezeza.jpg
Ask you need is these 2:
http://m.ebay.com.my/itm?itemId=200768470901
&
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/180882568016?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

the 3.5mm jack plug with locking mechanism come with a black rubber tension release, im not happy with that. So i got this http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/140584282253?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 and swap the rubber with the metal spring.
look much nicer, and matching with the other end of the athm50 cable.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Edited by davidwyl - 12/4/13 at 7:38pm
post #444 of 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by listen4joy View Post
 

i just want to make sure that i will wire correctly 

 

green wire for gold connection black for ground and red for the second connector?

 

pic:

------

 

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ryhcpe.jpg

that should be right..

use multimeter to check to be 100% sure... :)

post #445 of 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwyl View Post

Quote:

Can you possibly post all the things that you bought to do this?

Sent from my LG G2!

tazezeza.jpg
Ask you need is these 2:
http://m.ebay.com.my/itm?itemId=200768470901
&
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/180882568016?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

the 3.5mm jack plug with locking mechanism come with a black rubber tension release, im not happy with that. So i got this http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/140584282253?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 and swap the rubber with the metal spring.
look much nicer, and matching with the other end of the athm50 cable.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! I've wanted to do it without cutting any part of the headphones and this looks perfect.

Sent from my LG G2!
post #446 of 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwyl View Post

Quote:

Can you possibly post all the things that you bought to do this?

Sent from my LG G2!

tazezeza.jpg
Ask you need is these 2:
http://m.ebay.com.my/itm?itemId=200768470901
&
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/180882568016?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

the 3.5mm jack plug with locking mechanism come with a black rubber tension release, im not happy with that. So i got this http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/140584282253?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 and swap the rubber with the metal spring.
look much nicer, and matching with the other end of the athm50 cable.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! I've wanted to do it without cutting any part of the headphones and this looks perfect.

Sent from my LG G2!

Yes, searching around for this jack with locking everywhere. Got it from eBay, the only seller willing to post it to me with reasonable shipping fees..

No cutting, the only thing u need to cut is 2 rubber that stick out to hold the old cable. Cut down that 2 rubber, u are good to go..
this female jack little bit bigger than the original hole. Just slowly files or drill the hole bigger.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
post #447 of 682

I'm really excited to get my hands on the components for this mod. I'm picking up the plugs and tech flex from parts express. I am however having some problems determining which cable to get in order to make my own cable. Does parts-express carry any quality cables i can use for this? do i need microphone cable? or any particular type of cable? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

post #448 of 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riktar View Post

I'm really excited to get my hands on the components for this mod. I'm picking up the plugs and tech flex from parts express. I am however having some problems determining which cable to get in order to make my own cable. Does parts-express carry any quality cables i can use for this? do i need microphone cable? or any particular type of cable? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

anajatap.jpg (not my pic, I grab it from post#15 mraudio post)

You don't need extra cable, just cut the cable where the red line is. And connect that part to your new female jack.

You don't have to desolder the part circle in green. Less soldering, less messy, less problem biggrin.gif

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
post #449 of 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwyl View Post


anajatap.jpg (not my pic, I grab it from post#15 mraudio post)

You don't need extra cable, just cut the cable where the red line is. And connect that part to your new female jack.

You don't have to desolder the part circle in green. Less soldering, less messy, less problem biggrin.gif

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

 

 

Thanks for the heads up!

 

I was mainly asking about wiring for the 3.5mm male to male connector that would plug into the headphones. If i wanted to make my own wiring as i've seen people do it on here, what kind of wire would i need to get? 

 

thanks

post #450 of 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riktar View Post
 

 

 

Thanks for the heads up!

 

I was mainly asking about wiring for the 3.5mm male to male connector that would plug into the headphones. If i wanted to make my own wiring as i've seen people do it on here, what kind of wire would i need to get? 

 

thanks

This question would be answered better in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread/885#post_10041358

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: