Depends on how the female jack in the cup is wired. It could be that the cable is wired backwards instead. Some handiwork on your own part would be simple desolder/resolder just to switch left and right around.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAiaiaitagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Selling my limited edition ATH-M50's w/ Detachable cable mod *only a week old* Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:48pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 750DJ (180$) vs ATH-M50 (238$) Last post on 9/12/11 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about Audio-Technica ATH M50 Last post on 8/29/11 at 11:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 29post #421 of 70811/17/13 at 8:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 70811/18/13 at 1:30amQuote:
If yes, tell the people you bought it from. I'm sure they would be more than happy to sort you out.post #423 of 70811/18/13 at 7:50amQuote:
Yea seriously. I did talk to sound professional customer service a long time ago but I can't recall of I had to pay for the shipping cost. However the whole shipping process and waiting was too much of a hassle for me so I didn't do it. I'll try it again just because I guess I have time now.post #424 of 70811/18/13 at 8:00amQuote:
+1post #425 of 70811/18/13 at 7:00pmpost #426 of 70811/27/13 at 6:52am
i am doing the mod and i using canare L-4E6S Cable and i have there the grey cable (shield) that going to grund (middle tunnel)
and i joined the two white cables toghter and also the blue cables but i dont know which side the white goes and which side the blue goes.
blue for the left side and white for the right?
picture:post #427 of 70811/27/13 at 7:14am
It doesn't really matter how you do it but for the sake of explaining this, do it the way I wrote in the picture. I'm assuming you don't have a multimeter to determine which is left and right, so your left and right may get switched.post #428 of 70811/27/13 at 8:52amQuote:
I have a question for all of you guys, since the right thing to do is use new wire (one that can be easily soldered), what do you guys do with the old cable? the one that you unsoldered from the headphone? re-use it or throw it away?
Bcuz my friend told me it is extremely hard to solder this enameled wires making it so hard that doesn't worth the time spent, better off buying a new one, but my point is that i would like to use the coiled cable, which is quite expensive if bought separately.
So i guess my question is, do you solder a plug on the cable that you have previously unsoldered from the headphone, even if it is a hard task, or do you just use a new one? Btw, by you, i mean all you guys in general..post #429 of 70811/27/13 at 10:01amYou can solder a 3.5mm jack on the end of it, it's just more of a pain to do it on enameled wire. I did it on a pair of M50s for a user in this thread and it turned out fine, but it will be more difficult for a soldering noon. You really have to get to the bare wire. If you don't think you can do that, just use the solders that were used on the driver on the jack. Those will make a good connection.post #430 of 70811/27/13 at 7:41pmpost #431 of 70811/27/13 at 10:03pm
It isn't meant to be opened up, so it's probably glued together. Just order a 3.5mm jack and use it. They're pretty cheap. Rean (Neutrik) are simple to use, you can get them pretty cheap off eBay. Radio Shack sells them too if you dont want to wait for shipping.post #432 of 70811/28/13 at 5:47amQuote:
Alright thanks man. Any chance you could post a link to one? I can't tell the difference between a bad one and a decent quality one.
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalkpost #433 of 70811/28/13 at 6:04ampost #434 of 70811/28/13 at 6:10amQuote:Originally Posted by cCasper TFG
I would go with these.
Great connectors. Easy to use. Good solder points. Nice, subtle look, and a brand name to back it up.Return Home
- ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 1 second ago
- › Chord Hugo 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T70P good choice? (or B&W P7 / KEF M500?) 4 minutes ago
- › Portable Setup <$600 for Grado-Head? 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 11 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)