Depends on how the female jack in the cup is wired. It could be that the cable is wired backwards instead. Some handiwork on your own part would be simple desolder/resolder just to switch left and right around.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAiaiaitagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Selling my limited edition ATH-M50's w/ Detachable cable mod *only a week old* Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:48pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 750DJ (180$) vs ATH-M50 (238$) Last post on 9/12/11 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about Audio-Technica ATH M50 Last post on 8/29/11 at 11:57am in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
very detailed build, sound is smooth and rich
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 29post #421 of 77011/17/13 at 8:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 77011/18/13 at 1:30amQuote:
If yes, tell the people you bought it from. I'm sure they would be more than happy to sort you out.post #423 of 77011/18/13 at 7:50amQuote:
Yea seriously. I did talk to sound professional customer service a long time ago but I can't recall of I had to pay for the shipping cost. However the whole shipping process and waiting was too much of a hassle for me so I didn't do it. I'll try it again just because I guess I have time now.post #424 of 77011/18/13 at 8:00amQuote:
+1post #425 of 77011/18/13 at 7:00pmpost #426 of 77011/27/13 at 6:52am
i am doing the mod and i using canare L-4E6S Cable and i have there the grey cable (shield) that going to grund (middle tunnel)
and i joined the two white cables toghter and also the blue cables but i dont know which side the white goes and which side the blue goes.
blue for the left side and white for the right?
picture:post #427 of 77011/27/13 at 7:14am
It doesn't really matter how you do it but for the sake of explaining this, do it the way I wrote in the picture. I'm assuming you don't have a multimeter to determine which is left and right, so your left and right may get switched.post #428 of 77011/27/13 at 8:52amQuote:
I have a question for all of you guys, since the right thing to do is use new wire (one that can be easily soldered), what do you guys do with the old cable? the one that you unsoldered from the headphone? re-use it or throw it away?
Bcuz my friend told me it is extremely hard to solder this enameled wires making it so hard that doesn't worth the time spent, better off buying a new one, but my point is that i would like to use the coiled cable, which is quite expensive if bought separately.
So i guess my question is, do you solder a plug on the cable that you have previously unsoldered from the headphone, even if it is a hard task, or do you just use a new one? Btw, by you, i mean all you guys in general..post #429 of 77011/27/13 at 10:01amYou can solder a 3.5mm jack on the end of it, it's just more of a pain to do it on enameled wire. I did it on a pair of M50s for a user in this thread and it turned out fine, but it will be more difficult for a soldering noon. You really have to get to the bare wire. If you don't think you can do that, just use the solders that were used on the driver on the jack. Those will make a good connection.post #430 of 77011/27/13 at 7:41pmpost #431 of 77011/27/13 at 10:03pm
It isn't meant to be opened up, so it's probably glued together. Just order a 3.5mm jack and use it. They're pretty cheap. Rean (Neutrik) are simple to use, you can get them pretty cheap off eBay. Radio Shack sells them too if you dont want to wait for shipping.post #432 of 77011/28/13 at 5:47amQuote:
Alright thanks man. Any chance you could post a link to one? I can't tell the difference between a bad one and a decent quality one.
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalkpost #433 of 77011/28/13 at 6:04ampost #434 of 77011/28/13 at 6:10amQuote:Originally Posted by cCasper TFG
I would go with these.
Great connectors. Easy to use. Good solder points. Nice, subtle look, and a brand name to back it up.Return Home
- ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 15 seconds ago
- › HE-400 vs HD650 42 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 42 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 1 minute ago
- › Aune B1 Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 8 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 10 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2