Depends on how the female jack in the cup is wired. It could be that the cable is wired backwards instead. Some handiwork on your own part would be simple desolder/resolder just to switch left and right around.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAiaiaitagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Selling my limited edition ATH-M50's w/ Detachable cable mod *only a week old* Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:48pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 750DJ (180$) vs ATH-M50 (238$) Last post on 9/12/11 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about Audio-Technica ATH M50 Last post on 8/29/11 at 11:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 29post #421 of 70211/17/13 at 8:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 70211/18/13 at 1:30amQuote:
If yes, tell the people you bought it from. I'm sure they would be more than happy to sort you out.post #423 of 70211/18/13 at 7:50amQuote:
Yea seriously. I did talk to sound professional customer service a long time ago but I can't recall of I had to pay for the shipping cost. However the whole shipping process and waiting was too much of a hassle for me so I didn't do it. I'll try it again just because I guess I have time now.post #424 of 70211/18/13 at 8:00amQuote:
+1post #425 of 70211/18/13 at 7:00pmpost #426 of 70211/27/13 at 6:52am
i am doing the mod and i using canare L-4E6S Cable and i have there the grey cable (shield) that going to grund (middle tunnel)
and i joined the two white cables toghter and also the blue cables but i dont know which side the white goes and which side the blue goes.
blue for the left side and white for the right?
picture:post #427 of 70211/27/13 at 7:14am
It doesn't really matter how you do it but for the sake of explaining this, do it the way I wrote in the picture. I'm assuming you don't have a multimeter to determine which is left and right, so your left and right may get switched.post #428 of 70211/27/13 at 8:52amQuote:
I have a question for all of you guys, since the right thing to do is use new wire (one that can be easily soldered), what do you guys do with the old cable? the one that you unsoldered from the headphone? re-use it or throw it away?
Bcuz my friend told me it is extremely hard to solder this enameled wires making it so hard that doesn't worth the time spent, better off buying a new one, but my point is that i would like to use the coiled cable, which is quite expensive if bought separately.
So i guess my question is, do you solder a plug on the cable that you have previously unsoldered from the headphone, even if it is a hard task, or do you just use a new one? Btw, by you, i mean all you guys in general..post #429 of 70211/27/13 at 10:01amYou can solder a 3.5mm jack on the end of it, it's just more of a pain to do it on enameled wire. I did it on a pair of M50s for a user in this thread and it turned out fine, but it will be more difficult for a soldering noon. You really have to get to the bare wire. If you don't think you can do that, just use the solders that were used on the driver on the jack. Those will make a good connection.post #430 of 70211/27/13 at 7:41pmpost #431 of 70211/27/13 at 10:03pm
It isn't meant to be opened up, so it's probably glued together. Just order a 3.5mm jack and use it. They're pretty cheap. Rean (Neutrik) are simple to use, you can get them pretty cheap off eBay. Radio Shack sells them too if you dont want to wait for shipping.post #432 of 70211/28/13 at 5:47amQuote:
Alright thanks man. Any chance you could post a link to one? I can't tell the difference between a bad one and a decent quality one.
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalkpost #433 of 70211/28/13 at 6:04ampost #434 of 70211/28/13 at 6:10amQuote:Originally Posted by cCasper TFG
I would go with these.
Great connectors. Easy to use. Good solder points. Nice, subtle look, and a brand name to back it up.Return Home
- ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 29 seconds ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 1 minute ago
- › CENTRANCE HiFiM8 *Mint* Suit new buyer* Apple *PRICE DROP* 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 8 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 9 minutes ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)