New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 22

post #316 of 708

Yep, put the stock pads back on and muffled gone. Sad as Ive always liked the feel of velour over pleather, but in the end sound is always more important.

post #317 of 708

I used the velour pads for a while, as well as stock. But the pads that win it for me:

The brainwavz HM5/FischerFA003 pads. In my opinion, far more comfortable than stock. 

 


(Obviously, they are the ones on the right)

post #318 of 708
How much would it cost to get someone to mod my m50s when I get them?
post #319 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkidsforlife View Post

How much would it cost to get someone to mod my m50s when I get them?

PM'd

post #320 of 708

Check out these if you don't want to mess around with the insides of the can:

 

  1. This female cable end retails for $19.46 on Amazon, but Markertek seems to have the same product for a lot less - $2.79.
  2. This one seems to be more like what ortizthx1138 has.
  3. A black version.
  4. Yet another one.

Edited by athinkerer - 8/4/13 at 3:36pm
post #321 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJayEvansIV View Post

Wow that looks great! It really goes with the style. I want to do mine the same way, but I can't find the jack, can you send me the link please?

Check out this post.

post #322 of 708
Hi, does anyone here do this modification on the m50's in LA county ? specifically Pasadena Area.
post #323 of 708

great mod i should try it too!!

post #324 of 708

This is a great and simple mod. I used a TecNec AC116 Chassis Mount 3.5mm miniJack Connector from Markertek but alternatively you could pick up a jack at radioshack, they are similar. and I did not need not need to alter the hole at all. All I had to do was snap the plastic in the way and its a tight squeez with the foam in there. Pictures Below:

 

wZnIyFQh.jpg

 

 

post #325 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPanda View Post

This is a great and simple mod. I used a TecNec AC116 Chassis Mount 3.5mm miniJack Connector from Markertek but alternatively you could pick up a jack at radioshack, they are similar. and I did not need not need to alter the hole at all. All I had to do was snap the plastic in the way and its a tight squeez with the foam in there. Pictures Below:

 

 

 

 

 

You say you used this one: LINK and you were able to get it in there without having to modify the cub at all? No cutting? No grinding?

post #326 of 708
Yup, it's either that or the radioshack ones.. Very similar same concept. The threaded part just goes right in and there's just enough sticking out to get the nut on with some pliers

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
post #327 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by athinkerer View Post

Check out these if you don't want to mess around with the insides of the can:

 

  1. This female cable end retails for $19.46 on Amazon, but Markertek seems to have the same product for a lot less - $2.79.
  2. This one seems to be more like what ortizthx1138 has.
  3. A black version.
  4. Yet another one.

 

Even better: link

 

Markertek has a bunch of good connectors of various types at excellent prices, but factor in shipping, then they are not as cheap as other online vendors for individual components or small amounts of parts.  If I am ordering a bunch of materials at once, markertek is one of my first choices.  Partsexpress, DaleProAudio, and Redco are some of the other good vendors for DIY parts.

post #328 of 708

hi guys,

 

still fantastic results over here. i am glad this thread was started.

if there is someone from near / around germany over here who wants to have this done for a small fee

feel free to contact me. would be glad to help others to get rid of the cable and enlarge our little community ;)

 

also still having some spare metres of canare l4e5c lying around, up for sale.

 

cheers
 


Edited by mraudio - 8/20/13 at 6:06pm
post #329 of 708

So, forum, I am torn. 

I LOVE my ATH-M50 headphones. They are perfect for my needs. Well.. Almost. The cable is a little heavy and often gets more in my way than anything else. 

So, I have found two options: 

1.) I KNOW what parts I would buy (Thanks to this forum). Because I don't already have any Soldering equipment, it would cost me around $40 to purchase everything I need.

I have little-to-no experience soldering AT ALL. But I do understand the process very well. Watching enough videos and seeing what other people have done, the process seems simple and a fun DIY project. 

 

2.) I send the headphones over to The Sound Professionals. At the moment, the whole process seems like it would be about $50+ but not much more. With this option I get a warranty and guaranteed "no screw-ups". 

 

So what should I do? I was thinking about buying a cheap, crap pair of headphones and testing those first. And if I did well enough, moving on from there. 

I would like do it DIY because... well, let's face it, it's cool! But I am not very confident in my ability to NOT ruin my beloved headphones XP


Edited by DapperDan - 8/24/13 at 9:20am
post #330 of 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post

So, forum, I am torn. 

I LOVE my ATH-M50 headphones. They are perfect for my needs. Well.. Almost. The cable is a little heavy and often gets more in my way than anything else. 

So, I have found two options: 

1.) I KNOW what parts I would buy (Thanks to this forum). Because I don't already have any Soldering equipment, it would cost me around $40 to purchase everything I need.

I have little-to-no experience soldering AT ALL. But I do understand the process very well. Watching enough videos and seeing what other people have done, the process seems simple and a fun DIY project. 

 

2.) I send the headphones over to The Sound Professionals. At the moment, the whole process seems like it would be about $50+ but not much more. With this option I get a warranty and guaranteed "no screw-ups". 

 

So what should I do? I was thinking about buying a cheap, crap pair of headphones and testing those first. And if I did well enough, moving on from there. 

I would like do it DIY because... well, let's face it, it's cool! But I am not very confident in my ability to NOT ruin my beloved headphones XP

 

I like doing things myself, usually, and I practiced on a couple of cheapies picked up at a Big Lots! store as well.  You'll get the hang of it quickly, just remember to keep driver heat to a minimum to prevent burning the voice coil.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: