Thanks for the reply! it really helped! But i'm still confused ( that might be because i'm only 13 ) do you think i should just go to an electrician and pay them to do it? and how much do you think it's going to cost?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAiaiaitagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Selling my limited edition ATH-M50's w/ Detachable cable mod *only a week old* Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:48pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 750DJ (180$) vs ATH-M50 (238$) Last post on 9/12/11 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about Audio-Technica ATH M50 Last post on 8/29/11 at 11:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 7234/6/12 at 3:24amYes, that or have your parents help. Still, at 13 nothing was going to stop me from opening things up to see how they work. So take it from me, if you don't want to experience the feeling of knowing you just ruined your awesome, brand new, $150 headphones do not do it yourself.
Edited by jadawgis732 - 4/6/12 at 3:27ampost #108 of 7234/6/12 at 3:49ampost #109 of 7234/6/12 at 3:50ampost #110 of 7234/6/12 at 3:56ampost #111 of 7234/6/12 at 3:45pmpost #112 of 7234/6/12 at 3:47pmpost #113 of 7234/7/12 at 10:37amQuote:
Reading is fundamental...to doing this mod! You should buy a cheap pair of over-the-ear headphones and try it. It's fun and you can do it!
Edited by determinedd - 4/7/12 at 10:41ampost #114 of 7234/7/12 at 11:02ampost #115 of 7234/7/12 at 11:13am
and i got lost at part 5 and there forth
what wire is to be cut or do i have to cut all of them?post #116 of 7234/12/12 at 1:45am
Can someone help me out, I have attempted this mod and now I'm not hearing anything in my headphones. Im using the chassis http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103452&clickid=prod_cs
my interconnect cable works, so im guessing it has to do with what i did to the headphones. If other picutes are needed or more information is need, I'll try the best I can. Hopefully its not that bad, I can't afford to buy another pair, still a highschool student...well Thanks in advance.post #117 of 7234/12/12 at 11:53am
Did you verify you could hear audio before you soldered the wires? Based on the chassis design, I am led to assume the green (left audio) and black (ground) are reversed. You could simply desolder and test again. I left an audio source plugged in as I modded to make sure everything was still working. HTH.post #118 of 7234/12/12 at 2:02pmpost #119 of 7234/12/12 at 6:04pm
I think there was still enamel on the wires, but I was able to get the solder on. I just finished it mod. The problem was the red and green wires on the back of the left headphone speaker was disconnecting. So i just needed to strip it a bit and resolder it to the back of the headphones. Thanks determinedd and Yoga Flame. but the left headphone sounds kinda less powerful or good as before, but maybe im just crazy, Imma have my brother and my friends try them since they have better hearing. Well thanks for the help and the guides everyone.post #120 of 7234/13/12 at 10:06pm
For the replacement cable, if i get a cheap cable on ebay such as this one :
will there be a noticeable difference in sound quality or not.
- ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 5 seconds ago
- › EQ cure all? 46 seconds ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Tivoli Model One Alternatives? 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)