Thanks for the reply! it really helped! But i'm still confused ( that might be because i'm only 13 ) do you think i should just go to an electrician and pay them to do it? and how much do you think it's going to cost?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAiaiaitagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Selling my limited edition ATH-M50's w/ Detachable cable mod *only a week old* Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:48pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 750DJ (180$) vs ATH-M50 (238$) Last post on 9/12/11 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about Audio-Technica ATH M50 Last post on 8/29/11 at 11:57am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 5614/6/12 at 3:24amYes, that or have your parents help. Still, at 13 nothing was going to stop me from opening things up to see how they work. So take it from me, if you don't want to experience the feeling of knowing you just ruined your awesome, brand new, $150 headphones do not do it yourself.
Edited by jadawgis732 - 4/6/12 at 3:27ampost #108 of 5614/6/12 at 3:49ampost #109 of 5614/6/12 at 3:50ampost #110 of 5614/6/12 at 3:56ampost #111 of 5614/6/12 at 3:45pmpost #112 of 5614/6/12 at 3:47pmpost #113 of 5614/7/12 at 10:37amQuote:
Reading is fundamental...to doing this mod! You should buy a cheap pair of over-the-ear headphones and try it. It's fun and you can do it!
Edited by determinedd - 4/7/12 at 10:41ampost #114 of 5614/7/12 at 11:02ampost #115 of 5614/7/12 at 11:13am
and i got lost at part 5 and there forth
what wire is to be cut or do i have to cut all of them?post #116 of 5614/12/12 at 1:45am
Can someone help me out, I have attempted this mod and now I'm not hearing anything in my headphones. Im using the chassis http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103452&clickid=prod_cs
my interconnect cable works, so im guessing it has to do with what i did to the headphones. If other picutes are needed or more information is need, I'll try the best I can. Hopefully its not that bad, I can't afford to buy another pair, still a highschool student...well Thanks in advance.post #117 of 5614/12/12 at 11:53am
Did you verify you could hear audio before you soldered the wires? Based on the chassis design, I am led to assume the green (left audio) and black (ground) are reversed. You could simply desolder and test again. I left an audio source plugged in as I modded to make sure everything was still working. HTH.post #118 of 5614/12/12 at 2:02pmpost #119 of 5614/12/12 at 6:04pm
I think there was still enamel on the wires, but I was able to get the solder on. I just finished it mod. The problem was the red and green wires on the back of the left headphone speaker was disconnecting. So i just needed to strip it a bit and resolder it to the back of the headphones. Thanks determinedd and Yoga Flame. but the left headphone sounds kinda less powerful or good as before, but maybe im just crazy, Imma have my brother and my friends try them since they have better hearing. Well thanks for the help and the guides everyone.post #120 of 5614/13/12 at 10:06pm
For the replacement cable, if i get a cheap cable on ebay such as this one :
will there be a noticeable difference in sound quality or not.
- ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Review 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and... 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude