Thanks for the reply! it really helped! But i'm still confused ( that might be because i'm only 13 ) do you think i should just go to an electrician and pay them to do it? and how much do you think it's going to cost?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAiaiaitagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Selling my limited edition ATH-M50's w/ Detachable cable mod *only a week old* Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:48pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 750DJ (180$) vs ATH-M50 (238$) Last post on 9/12/11 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about Audio-Technica ATH M50 Last post on 8/29/11 at 11:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 7084/6/12 at 3:24amYes, that or have your parents help. Still, at 13 nothing was going to stop me from opening things up to see how they work. So take it from me, if you don't want to experience the feeling of knowing you just ruined your awesome, brand new, $150 headphones do not do it yourself.
Edited by jadawgis732 - 4/6/12 at 3:27ampost #108 of 7084/6/12 at 3:49ampost #109 of 7084/6/12 at 3:50ampost #110 of 7084/6/12 at 3:56ampost #111 of 7084/6/12 at 3:45pmpost #112 of 7084/6/12 at 3:47pmpost #113 of 7084/7/12 at 10:37amQuote:
Reading is fundamental...to doing this mod! You should buy a cheap pair of over-the-ear headphones and try it. It's fun and you can do it!
Edited by determinedd - 4/7/12 at 10:41ampost #114 of 7084/7/12 at 11:02ampost #115 of 7084/7/12 at 11:13am
and i got lost at part 5 and there forth
what wire is to be cut or do i have to cut all of them?post #116 of 7084/12/12 at 1:45am
Can someone help me out, I have attempted this mod and now I'm not hearing anything in my headphones. Im using the chassis http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103452&clickid=prod_cs
my interconnect cable works, so im guessing it has to do with what i did to the headphones. If other picutes are needed or more information is need, I'll try the best I can. Hopefully its not that bad, I can't afford to buy another pair, still a highschool student...well Thanks in advance.post #117 of 7084/12/12 at 11:53am
Did you verify you could hear audio before you soldered the wires? Based on the chassis design, I am led to assume the green (left audio) and black (ground) are reversed. You could simply desolder and test again. I left an audio source plugged in as I modded to make sure everything was still working. HTH.post #118 of 7084/12/12 at 2:02pmpost #119 of 7084/12/12 at 6:04pm
I think there was still enamel on the wires, but I was able to get the solder on. I just finished it mod. The problem was the red and green wires on the back of the left headphone speaker was disconnecting. So i just needed to strip it a bit and resolder it to the back of the headphones. Thanks determinedd and Yoga Flame. but the left headphone sounds kinda less powerful or good as before, but maybe im just crazy, Imma have my brother and my friends try them since they have better hearing. Well thanks for the help and the guides everyone.post #120 of 7084/13/12 at 10:06pm
For the replacement cable, if i get a cheap cable on ebay such as this one :
will there be a noticeable difference in sound quality or not.
- ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › IC: Burson Soloist SL 5 seconds ago
- › WASAPI work around found!!! 14 seconds ago
- › Hello, Looking into Amps 40 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 52 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)