Thanks for the reply! it really helped! But i'm still confused ( that might be because i'm only 13 ) do you think i should just go to an electrician and pay them to do it? and how much do you think it's going to cost?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAiaiaitagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 5/30/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 5/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Selling my limited edition ATH-M50's w/ Detachable cable mod *only a week old* Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:48pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- ATH-M50 needs Replacement Cables - Anyone in Bellingham? Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 Coiled or Straight Cable? Last post on 10/11/11 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 750DJ (180$) vs ATH-M50 (238$) Last post on 9/12/11 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about Audio-Technica ATH M50 Last post on 8/29/11 at 11:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 7594/6/12 at 3:24amYes, that or have your parents help. Still, at 13 nothing was going to stop me from opening things up to see how they work. So take it from me, if you don't want to experience the feeling of knowing you just ruined your awesome, brand new, $150 headphones do not do it yourself.
Edited by jadawgis732 - 4/6/12 at 3:27ampost #108 of 7594/6/12 at 3:49ampost #109 of 7594/6/12 at 3:50ampost #110 of 7594/6/12 at 3:56ampost #111 of 7594/6/12 at 3:45pmpost #112 of 7594/6/12 at 3:47pmpost #113 of 7594/7/12 at 10:37amQuote:
Reading is fundamental...to doing this mod! You should buy a cheap pair of over-the-ear headphones and try it. It's fun and you can do it!
Edited by determinedd - 4/7/12 at 10:41ampost #114 of 7594/7/12 at 11:02ampost #115 of 7594/7/12 at 11:13am
and i got lost at part 5 and there forth
what wire is to be cut or do i have to cut all of them?post #116 of 7594/12/12 at 1:45am
Can someone help me out, I have attempted this mod and now I'm not hearing anything in my headphones. Im using the chassis http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103452&clickid=prod_cs
my interconnect cable works, so im guessing it has to do with what i did to the headphones. If other picutes are needed or more information is need, I'll try the best I can. Hopefully its not that bad, I can't afford to buy another pair, still a highschool student...well Thanks in advance.post #117 of 7594/12/12 at 11:53am
Did you verify you could hear audio before you soldered the wires? Based on the chassis design, I am led to assume the green (left audio) and black (ground) are reversed. You could simply desolder and test again. I left an audio source plugged in as I modded to make sure everything was still working. HTH.post #118 of 7594/12/12 at 2:02pmpost #119 of 7594/12/12 at 6:04pm
I think there was still enamel on the wires, but I was able to get the solder on. I just finished it mod. The problem was the red and green wires on the back of the left headphone speaker was disconnecting. So i just needed to strip it a bit and resolder it to the back of the headphones. Thanks determinedd and Yoga Flame. but the left headphone sounds kinda less powerful or good as before, but maybe im just crazy, Imma have my brother and my friends try them since they have better hearing. Well thanks for the help and the guides everyone.post #120 of 7594/13/12 at 10:06pm
For the replacement cable, if i get a cheap cable on ebay such as this one :
will there be a noticeable difference in sound quality or not.
- ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › New Member Introductions thread 27 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 34 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 336 IEMs compared (Gorilla Ears GX-4b added... 4 minutes ago
- › ASG 1.2 FS 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2