whats the best iem for 100, for listening to 80,s 90,s rock i like nice bass but not bloated
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 5/11/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/11/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 5/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/11/11
- productMEElectronics Clarity Series CC51-BK Ceramic In-Ear Headphone for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players (Black)tagged by System, 5/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Meelectronics CC51 Review & Audition thread Last post on 7/12/11 at 3:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 100 euros IEM to buy from France or UK? Last post on 12/15/10 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEM for Classical Under 100 Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new IEM, need suggestions (~$100) Last post on 10/19/12 at 5:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have used the Sony MDR-7506s as long as I can remember. I do Front-of-House (FOH) mixing for bands, and these phones have been by my side for many years. Some people hate the cable, i like...
My my, how time flies. It’s been over a year - and similarly over 136K views - since I wrote my original review for the Beryllium Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, or Xiaomi MK301. During the past year, I’ve...
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
best iem for 100 bucks?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
RE0 or RE-Zero from Head-Direct might be something you should look into. I think the RE-Zero would suit you for $104 shipped. RE0 is $84 shipped and IMO sounds better than the RE-Zero but lacks a bit in bass without amping.
I'll throw in my vote for the Phonak Perfect Bass 012. From what I've heard, they have great high and mid extension without being fatiguing and enough bass to suit most anyone (except bass-heads, of course.) I have the PFE 112 w/ the green filters (which is the same thing, from what I've been hearing), so if there are any questions about the Perfect Basses I would be happy to oblige.
Still possible to get the HJE900s for around $100? Worth considering, especially if you want a bombproof pair of IEMs. They even have detachable/replaceable cords. I subject my IEMs to some abuse, so these factors play a big role in my decision making process. That said, I wouldn't have them if they didn't sound great.
- best iem for 100 bucks?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 30 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 37 seconds ago
- › Future-proofing my setup. Advice welcome! 42 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › St. Louis Meet: Saturday, March 7th 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Whats the best way to guess your way through a multiple choice test. 2 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth over ear headphones for Rap Genre? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by Rashmosh
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2