whats the best iem for 100, for listening to 80,s 90,s rock i like nice bass but not bloated
- productAudeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphonestagged by System, 5/11/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/11/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 5/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/11/11
- productMEElectronics Clarity Series CC51-BK Ceramic In-Ear Headphone for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players (Black)tagged by System, 5/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Meelectronics CC51 Review & Audition thread Last post on 7/12/11 at 3:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 100 euros IEM to buy from France or UK? Last post on 12/15/10 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEM for Classical Under 100 Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new IEM, need suggestions (~$100) Last post on 10/19/12 at 5:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
best iem for 100 bucks?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
RE0 or RE-Zero from Head-Direct might be something you should look into. I think the RE-Zero would suit you for $104 shipped. RE0 is $84 shipped and IMO sounds better than the RE-Zero but lacks a bit in bass without amping.
I'll throw in my vote for the Phonak Perfect Bass 012. From what I've heard, they have great high and mid extension without being fatiguing and enough bass to suit most anyone (except bass-heads, of course.) I have the PFE 112 w/ the green filters (which is the same thing, from what I've been hearing), so if there are any questions about the Perfect Basses I would be happy to oblige.
Still possible to get the HJE900s for around $100? Worth considering, especially if you want a bombproof pair of IEMs. They even have detachable/replaceable cords. I subject my IEMs to some abuse, so these factors play a big role in my decision making process. That said, I wouldn't have them if they didn't sound great.
- best iem for 100 bucks?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Audiophile Newbie, I need help choosing a portable DAC/AMP. 6 minutes ago
- › IC: adidas miCoach Fit Smart (US) 8 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2