Yup, bought BitPerfect, very pleased for $10 and it does exactly what I wanted.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 5/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives) - Page 50
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Generally speaking any of the SoX options will outperform Core Audio. As to choosing between linear, intermediate and minimum, I think you're best trusting your ears.
Been using BP for years as well and I can hear no difference with more expensive options.
IMO this piece of software is way underpriced for how good it performs and seamlessly interoperates with iTunes, which is exactly what I wanted.
Recently bought DSD Master as well. Phenomenal how it makes a file that can be imported into iTunes, played back through your Dac as a DSD file as well as a ALAC file when not going through the Dac.
One thing I wish for in Bitperfect that will probably never come is the option of equalisation.
Actually, we are very interested in providing EQ as a future enhancement. We are looking at various ways of incorporating generic DSP into our audio engine that can be implemented without sacrificing audio quality to an unacceptable degree. If we can do that, EQ becomes an attractive candidate for one of the things we can implement with it. It won't happen in the short term, though, but at least "NEVER" is not the correct timeframe :)
Nice to know, I'm sure if or when this feature is added it will be seamlessly integrated and easy to use as well.
My compliments on your website as well, it has valuable info for computer-audiophiles and helped me configure both your apps as well as another one I occasionally use to compare.
BP works just fine in Yosemite.
I was just teasing the developer as there is no light menu bar icon for using dark mode yet, just a cosmetic thing.
I'm sure he's already on it.
Edited by AppleheadMay - 11/17/14 at 8:46am
- BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 3 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cambridge audio DACmagic plus and TB100 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 9 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2