There is a version 1.0 in the works.
So far, I'm hoping to include:
- New, 64-bit audio engine
- SoX sample rate conversion
- Optimized CoreAudio sample rate conversion
- Dithering (not sure which algorithms I'll be using yet)
- Optimizations for "complex" DACs
- Audio Unit support (might come in an update rather than 1.0)
I'm also investigating improvements to iTunes integration to work around certain bugs and potentially minimize iTunes activity (which should increase sound quality.) There are some other ideas for sound quality improvements I have in mind, but I need to test those ideas first, as yet I do not know if they will yield any improvement.
I'm hoping to get a version out, at least a beta, before the new year. Sorry for the delays!