it aint easy being a basshead
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-High end iem upgrade from re0 Last post on 6/15/11 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone steer me in the right direction please... Last post on 5/10/11 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Proposed IEM audition/trade with other members... Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help Rig Building. Budget: $1000 Last post on 4/6/11 at 2:49pm in Portable Source Gear
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Looking for a pair that will blow my ears away - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ahh, I didn't see that they were bass light, missed that. Nah, I know what you mean, I'm a total bass-head myself. Just that I'm tossing over whether to buy the 980's because I've heard they're pretty uncomfortable for people with small ears.
I have a pair of Yuin PK2s and I have been pleased with them. Kinda in disbelief about the mini review swbf2 gave them. To me they sound lot better then what he gives them, the huge disadvantage I have is when it comes to earbuds I have nothing to compare them too lol ... So just ordered a pair of MX980s to see how much better they are compared to the PK2s.
I did want to get a pair of PK1s, but I want to try a different brand of earbud. Regarding the MX980s I hope i'm blown away with the sound :)
Oh yeah, I've heard that too. I have the MX 471s right now, and they just don't work at all for me. It's like Sennheiser put them together backwards. I'm still not gonna give up on the 980, but I won't likely be ordering a new pair of earbuds for a few months, regardless of what type they end up being, so I have a long time to wait around and see peoples reactions.
i owned some yuin ok2's at one time.. i found them to be pretty bad and returned them. after that experience i was afraid to try any other yuins. the 980's are far superior.
as long as you are prepared for the fact that even the best earbuds can only sound so good than you wont be let down by them. just dont expect miracles. earbuds are the weakest link of all the types of headphones.
Westone 2. The W3 is more expensive and has some fit issues, and the UM2/UM3X might be too flat-sounding if you're looking for an emphasis on bass. With the exception of the Westone 3, most Westone IEMs have very good ergonomics.
It's very difficult to find earbuds that will blow you away, with the exception of maybe the Yuin PK1 (which needs to be amped) or the PK2/PK3. If you want lots of bass, you need IEMs.
If you read the first page you will see my reasoning for not getting IEMs, you shouldn't just try and convert me to them. Plus, the people here believe you can get good bass on earbuds.
So anyway, does anyone with small ears own a pair of mx980s and think they're okay?
Sorry if I came across that way. I just don't want you to be disappointed.
Welcome to Head-fi, and sorry about your wallet
So true, I keep finding myself in audio shops trying new headphones out, Trying to find MY perfect sound, Funny thing is the male sales teams all ways come over to help me... I wonder why that is. -.-
- Looking for a pair that will blow my ears away
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 30 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 32 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best Over Ear or In Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Brand New AK120 Still Sealed 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)