it aint easy being a basshead
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-High end iem upgrade from re0 Last post on 6/15/11 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone steer me in the right direction please... Last post on 5/10/11 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Proposed IEM audition/trade with other members... Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help Rig Building. Budget: $1000 Last post on 4/6/11 at 2:49pm in Portable Source Gear
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Looking for a pair that will blow my ears away - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ahh, I didn't see that they were bass light, missed that. Nah, I know what you mean, I'm a total bass-head myself. Just that I'm tossing over whether to buy the 980's because I've heard they're pretty uncomfortable for people with small ears.
I have a pair of Yuin PK2s and I have been pleased with them. Kinda in disbelief about the mini review swbf2 gave them. To me they sound lot better then what he gives them, the huge disadvantage I have is when it comes to earbuds I have nothing to compare them too lol ... So just ordered a pair of MX980s to see how much better they are compared to the PK2s.
I did want to get a pair of PK1s, but I want to try a different brand of earbud. Regarding the MX980s I hope i'm blown away with the sound :)
Oh yeah, I've heard that too. I have the MX 471s right now, and they just don't work at all for me. It's like Sennheiser put them together backwards. I'm still not gonna give up on the 980, but I won't likely be ordering a new pair of earbuds for a few months, regardless of what type they end up being, so I have a long time to wait around and see peoples reactions.
i owned some yuin ok2's at one time.. i found them to be pretty bad and returned them. after that experience i was afraid to try any other yuins. the 980's are far superior.
as long as you are prepared for the fact that even the best earbuds can only sound so good than you wont be let down by them. just dont expect miracles. earbuds are the weakest link of all the types of headphones.
Westone 2. The W3 is more expensive and has some fit issues, and the UM2/UM3X might be too flat-sounding if you're looking for an emphasis on bass. With the exception of the Westone 3, most Westone IEMs have very good ergonomics.
It's very difficult to find earbuds that will blow you away, with the exception of maybe the Yuin PK1 (which needs to be amped) or the PK2/PK3. If you want lots of bass, you need IEMs.
If you read the first page you will see my reasoning for not getting IEMs, you shouldn't just try and convert me to them. Plus, the people here believe you can get good bass on earbuds.
So anyway, does anyone with small ears own a pair of mx980s and think they're okay?
Sorry if I came across that way. I just don't want you to be disappointed.
Welcome to Head-fi, and sorry about your wallet
So true, I keep finding myself in audio shops trying new headphones out, Trying to find MY perfect sound, Funny thing is the male sales teams all ways come over to help me... I wonder why that is. -.-
- Looking for a pair that will blow my ears away
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP appreciation thread 43 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 44 seconds ago
- › The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution. 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 1 minute ago
- › Who still has the Sony SA5000? 1 minute ago
- › M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Name change? 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)