it aint easy being a basshead
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-High end iem upgrade from re0 Last post on 6/15/11 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone steer me in the right direction please... Last post on 5/10/11 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Proposed IEM audition/trade with other members... Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help Rig Building. Budget: $1000 Last post on 4/6/11 at 2:49pm in Portable Source Gear
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Looking for a pair that will blow my ears away - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ahh, I didn't see that they were bass light, missed that. Nah, I know what you mean, I'm a total bass-head myself. Just that I'm tossing over whether to buy the 980's because I've heard they're pretty uncomfortable for people with small ears.
I have a pair of Yuin PK2s and I have been pleased with them. Kinda in disbelief about the mini review swbf2 gave them. To me they sound lot better then what he gives them, the huge disadvantage I have is when it comes to earbuds I have nothing to compare them too lol ... So just ordered a pair of MX980s to see how much better they are compared to the PK2s.
I did want to get a pair of PK1s, but I want to try a different brand of earbud. Regarding the MX980s I hope i'm blown away with the sound :)
Oh yeah, I've heard that too. I have the MX 471s right now, and they just don't work at all for me. It's like Sennheiser put them together backwards. I'm still not gonna give up on the 980, but I won't likely be ordering a new pair of earbuds for a few months, regardless of what type they end up being, so I have a long time to wait around and see peoples reactions.
i owned some yuin ok2's at one time.. i found them to be pretty bad and returned them. after that experience i was afraid to try any other yuins. the 980's are far superior.
as long as you are prepared for the fact that even the best earbuds can only sound so good than you wont be let down by them. just dont expect miracles. earbuds are the weakest link of all the types of headphones.
Westone 2. The W3 is more expensive and has some fit issues, and the UM2/UM3X might be too flat-sounding if you're looking for an emphasis on bass. With the exception of the Westone 3, most Westone IEMs have very good ergonomics.
It's very difficult to find earbuds that will blow you away, with the exception of maybe the Yuin PK1 (which needs to be amped) or the PK2/PK3. If you want lots of bass, you need IEMs.
If you read the first page you will see my reasoning for not getting IEMs, you shouldn't just try and convert me to them. Plus, the people here believe you can get good bass on earbuds.
So anyway, does anyone with small ears own a pair of mx980s and think they're okay?
Sorry if I came across that way. I just don't want you to be disappointed.
Welcome to Head-fi, and sorry about your wallet
So true, I keep finding myself in audio shops trying new headphones out, Trying to find MY perfect sound, Funny thing is the male sales teams all ways come over to help me... I wonder why that is. -.-
- Looking for a pair that will blow my ears away
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 24 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 38 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 39 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 55 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › The State of the Flagships 4 minutes ago
- › On Ear Headphones for 100$ 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2