it aint easy being a basshead
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-High end iem upgrade from re0 Last post on 6/15/11 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone steer me in the right direction please... Last post on 5/10/11 at 6:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Proposed IEM audition/trade with other members... Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help Rig Building. Budget: $1000 Last post on 4/6/11 at 2:49pm in Portable Source Gear
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am going to just stick with a written review for this little gem as others have already done an admirable job of photographing this IEM and all of it's accessories in all their glory. When my...
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
This is a work in progress, everytime I listen to them with a different source, there's always something new emerging and changing the overall perspective someway. Sources used: Macbook Pro,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Looking for a pair that will blow my ears away - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ahh, I didn't see that they were bass light, missed that. Nah, I know what you mean, I'm a total bass-head myself. Just that I'm tossing over whether to buy the 980's because I've heard they're pretty uncomfortable for people with small ears.
I have a pair of Yuin PK2s and I have been pleased with them. Kinda in disbelief about the mini review swbf2 gave them. To me they sound lot better then what he gives them, the huge disadvantage I have is when it comes to earbuds I have nothing to compare them too lol ... So just ordered a pair of MX980s to see how much better they are compared to the PK2s.
I did want to get a pair of PK1s, but I want to try a different brand of earbud. Regarding the MX980s I hope i'm blown away with the sound :)
Oh yeah, I've heard that too. I have the MX 471s right now, and they just don't work at all for me. It's like Sennheiser put them together backwards. I'm still not gonna give up on the 980, but I won't likely be ordering a new pair of earbuds for a few months, regardless of what type they end up being, so I have a long time to wait around and see peoples reactions.
i owned some yuin ok2's at one time.. i found them to be pretty bad and returned them. after that experience i was afraid to try any other yuins. the 980's are far superior.
as long as you are prepared for the fact that even the best earbuds can only sound so good than you wont be let down by them. just dont expect miracles. earbuds are the weakest link of all the types of headphones.
Westone 2. The W3 is more expensive and has some fit issues, and the UM2/UM3X might be too flat-sounding if you're looking for an emphasis on bass. With the exception of the Westone 3, most Westone IEMs have very good ergonomics.
It's very difficult to find earbuds that will blow you away, with the exception of maybe the Yuin PK1 (which needs to be amped) or the PK2/PK3. If you want lots of bass, you need IEMs.
If you read the first page you will see my reasoning for not getting IEMs, you shouldn't just try and convert me to them. Plus, the people here believe you can get good bass on earbuds.
So anyway, does anyone with small ears own a pair of mx980s and think they're okay?
Sorry if I came across that way. I just don't want you to be disappointed.
Welcome to Head-fi, and sorry about your wallet
So true, I keep finding myself in audio shops trying new headphones out, Trying to find MY perfect sound, Funny thing is the male sales teams all ways come over to help me... I wonder why that is. -.-
- Looking for a pair that will blow my ears away
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 9 seconds ago
- › whats so good about beats headphones? 30 seconds ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 31 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-A8 v3.01 for sale or trade (details inside) 7 minutes ago
- › NEW! Redesigned 2013 Beats by Dre Studio v2 in RED & WHITE... 9 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 9 minutes ago
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)