I'm currently using the Creative Aurvana Live! which I like a lot, but the pads are starting to wear out, so I figured this would be a good time to start looking for an upgrade before they completely fall apart. I'm looking for something with basically the same sound signature, but more refined. Maybe a bit more impact and quality in the low end, and more "decay" if that's the right word. I also have a Sony V6, Sony XB500, Shure SRH440, Shure E2C and a Sennheiser PC350 headset, but I prefer the CAL! sound. I've seen people mention that the CAL! is just a rebadged Denon D1001, so would a D2000 be a good choice?
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 5/9/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSennheiser PC 350 Gaming Headsettagged by System, 5/9/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to get a headphone under $100. Last post on 1/10/12 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones for hardcore / help in narrowing down a list of potential candidates Last post on 6/22/11 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Requiring Recommendations Last post on 6/12/11 at 12:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/17/16 at 2:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find some headphones, used for listening to music on my laptop. mainly hip hop, and RnB Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Need advice on upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 35/9/11 at 12:59am
Why not save some money and buy new (and thicker) pads for the CALs (Creative Aurvana Live) and nice headphone amp. to power them, On eBay you can get a single tube headphone amp. starting at $60
Mods for the CALs.
Edited by Tacoboy - 5/9/11 at 1:02ampost #3 of 35/9/11 at 1:21amThread Starter
I actually looked for replacement pads but couldn't find any. I'm not sure if the D1001 pads would work because the earcup shape looks a little different. Also, wouldn't using different earpads change the sonic signature? And I mainly use these on my computer which has an HT Omega Claro Halo card, which has an amp built in.
- Need advice on upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 25 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best android music player app? 3 minutes ago
- › Want to Control Speakers/Sub and Headphones Through Separate Volume... 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 9 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 13 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 14 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 17 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...