I'm currently using the Creative Aurvana Live! which I like a lot, but the pads are starting to wear out, so I figured this would be a good time to start looking for an upgrade before they completely fall apart. I'm looking for something with basically the same sound signature, but more refined. Maybe a bit more impact and quality in the low end, and more "decay" if that's the right word. I also have a Sony V6, Sony XB500, Shure SRH440, Shure E2C and a Sennheiser PC350 headset, but I prefer the CAL! sound. I've seen people mention that the CAL! is just a rebadged Denon D1001, so would a D2000 be a good choice?
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 5/9/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSennheiser PC 350 Gaming Headsettagged by System, 5/9/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to get a headphone under $100. Last post on 1/10/12 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones for hardcore / help in narrowing down a list of potential candidates Last post on 6/22/11 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Requiring Recommendations Last post on 6/12/11 at 12:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/31/11 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find some headphones, used for listening to music on my laptop. mainly hip hop, and RnB Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Need advice on upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 35/9/11 at 12:59am
Why not save some money and buy new (and thicker) pads for the CALs (Creative Aurvana Live) and nice headphone amp. to power them, On eBay you can get a single tube headphone amp. starting at $60
Mods for the CALs.
Edited by Tacoboy - 5/9/11 at 1:02ampost #3 of 35/9/11 at 1:21amThread Starter
I actually looked for replacement pads but couldn't find any. I'm not sure if the D1001 pads would work because the earcup shape looks a little different. Also, wouldn't using different earpads change the sonic signature? And I mainly use these on my computer which has an HT Omega Claro Halo card, which has an amp built in.
- Need advice on upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Best Studio Headphones 15 seconds ago
- › Best (cheap) phone for USB DAC 1 minute ago
- › Sennhiser Amperior vs HD25 vs AKGk545 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 7 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2