I'm currently using the Creative Aurvana Live! which I like a lot, but the pads are starting to wear out, so I figured this would be a good time to start looking for an upgrade before they completely fall apart. I'm looking for something with basically the same sound signature, but more refined. Maybe a bit more impact and quality in the low end, and more "decay" if that's the right word. I also have a Sony V6, Sony XB500, Shure SRH440, Shure E2C and a Sennheiser PC350 headset, but I prefer the CAL! sound. I've seen people mention that the CAL! is just a rebadged Denon D1001, so would a D2000 be a good choice?
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 5/9/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSennheiser PC 350 Gaming Headsettagged by System, 5/9/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to get a headphone under $100. Last post on 1/10/12 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones for hardcore / help in narrowing down a list of potential candidates Last post on 6/22/11 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Requiring Recommendations Last post on 6/12/11 at 12:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/17/16 at 2:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find some headphones, used for listening to music on my laptop. mainly hip hop, and RnB Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
Need advice on upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 35/9/11 at 12:59am
Why not save some money and buy new (and thicker) pads for the CALs (Creative Aurvana Live) and nice headphone amp. to power them, On eBay you can get a single tube headphone amp. starting at $60
Mods for the CALs.
Edited by Tacoboy - 5/9/11 at 1:02ampost #3 of 35/9/11 at 1:21amThread Starter
I actually looked for replacement pads but couldn't find any. I'm not sure if the D1001 pads would work because the earcup shape looks a little different. Also, wouldn't using different earpads change the sonic signature? And I mainly use these on my computer which has an HT Omega Claro Halo card, which has an amp built in.
- Need advice on upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 43 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Prog rock 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 5 minutes ago
- › "Crisp" headphone? 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 6 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 9 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear