I'm currently using the Creative Aurvana Live! which I like a lot, but the pads are starting to wear out, so I figured this would be a good time to start looking for an upgrade before they completely fall apart. I'm looking for something with basically the same sound signature, but more refined. Maybe a bit more impact and quality in the low end, and more "decay" if that's the right word. I also have a Sony V6, Sony XB500, Shure SRH440, Shure E2C and a Sennheiser PC350 headset, but I prefer the CAL! sound. I've seen people mention that the CAL! is just a rebadged Denon D1001, so would a D2000 be a good choice?
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 5/9/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSennheiser PC 350 Gaming Headsettagged by System, 5/9/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to get a headphone under $100. Last post on 1/10/12 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones for hardcore / help in narrowing down a list of potential candidates Last post on 6/22/11 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Requiring Recommendations Last post on 6/12/11 at 12:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/31/11 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find some headphones, used for listening to music on my laptop. mainly hip hop, and RnB Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
Need advice on upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 35/9/11 at 12:59am
Why not save some money and buy new (and thicker) pads for the CALs (Creative Aurvana Live) and nice headphone amp. to power them, On eBay you can get a single tube headphone amp. starting at $60
Mods for the CALs.
Edited by Tacoboy - 5/9/11 at 1:02ampost #3 of 35/9/11 at 1:21amThread Starter
I actually looked for replacement pads but couldn't find any. I'm not sure if the D1001 pads would work because the earcup shape looks a little different. Also, wouldn't using different earpads change the sonic signature? And I mainly use these on my computer which has an HT Omega Claro Halo card, which has an amp built in.
- Need advice on upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Pebble Steel 3 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2