I'm currently using the Creative Aurvana Live! which I like a lot, but the pads are starting to wear out, so I figured this would be a good time to start looking for an upgrade before they completely fall apart. I'm looking for something with basically the same sound signature, but more refined. Maybe a bit more impact and quality in the low end, and more "decay" if that's the right word. I also have a Sony V6, Sony XB500, Shure SRH440, Shure E2C and a Sennheiser PC350 headset, but I prefer the CAL! sound. I've seen people mention that the CAL! is just a rebadged Denon D1001, so would a D2000 be a good choice?
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 5/9/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSennheiser PC 350 Gaming Headsettagged by System, 5/9/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 5/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to get a headphone under $100. Last post on 1/10/12 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones for hardcore / help in narrowing down a list of potential candidates Last post on 6/22/11 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Requiring Recommendations Last post on 6/12/11 at 12:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones represent the best qualities of each brand (or series)? Last post on 5/31/11 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find some headphones, used for listening to music on my laptop. mainly hip hop, and RnB Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Need advice on upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 35/9/11 at 12:59am
Why not save some money and buy new (and thicker) pads for the CALs (Creative Aurvana Live) and nice headphone amp. to power them, On eBay you can get a single tube headphone amp. starting at $60
Mods for the CALs.
Edited by Tacoboy - 5/9/11 at 1:02ampost #3 of 35/9/11 at 1:21amThread Starter
I actually looked for replacement pads but couldn't find any. I'm not sure if the D1001 pads would work because the earcup shape looks a little different. Also, wouldn't using different earpads change the sonic signature? And I mainly use these on my computer which has an HT Omega Claro Halo card, which has an amp built in.
- Need advice on upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 29 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd Compass 2 amp/DAC Impressions thread 31 seconds ago
- › IHIFI 760 + NEW 770 (lucky pg#13) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960 1 minute ago
- › WTD UM Mentol Universal! 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer with... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 7 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)