Any distinguishing features between the two? (Cosmetic)
Related Forum Threads
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- **Which In-Ear Moniter?** (How does the Astrotec AM90 compare) Last post on 6/20/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replace jack on Sunrise Xcape IE? Last post on 1/11/12 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
V1 X-capes or V2 X-capes? What are these IEMs?post #1 of 125/8/11 at 9:48pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 125/8/11 at 9:50pmpost #3 of 125/8/11 at 9:52pmThread Starter
Are the V2s perfectly straight or do they have a slight curve to them as well? I think my pair might be V1s but I'm still not sure. Anything else obvious like L-shaped plug vs straight or anything?post #4 of 125/8/11 at 10:00pmpost #5 of 125/8/11 at 10:45pmpost #6 of 125/8/11 at 10:49pmThread Starterpost #7 of 125/9/11 at 9:31pmThread Starter
Ok. What the heck are these? They don't look exactly like V1s. The shiny metal disk at the back of the V1s seem smooth from official pictures but mine look more like RE-ZERO backs with those rings. Bought them used off CL this weekend. They sound like warmer Zeros with a bit bigger soundstage. Maybe I stumbled on some rare prototype.
Edited by sphinxvc - 5/9/11 at 10:01pmpost #8 of 125/9/11 at 9:37pm
hmm this is strange. I am a reseller of Sunrise. These have the shiny shell of the V2 but the plug is totally different. Unlikely it is a rare protype as I was given a prototype. Is nothing like it. The shell seems a little different as well from the angle.post #9 of 125/9/11 at 9:52pmQuote:
I have no way of improving upon this response.post #10 of 125/9/11 at 9:58pmThread Starter
So far I've got:
- Closer to V1 shell shape
- Glossy V2 finish
- V1 plug
- Re-zero backing
- Y-splitter unlike either V2 or V1
As far as I know, no other IEM on the market has a similar design to the V1s. Can anyone think of one?
Edited by sphinxvc - 5/9/11 at 10:01pmpost #11 of 125/9/11 at 10:35pmpost #12 of 125/10/11 at 5:38amThread Starter
As I said before I purchased them locally off an individual this past Saturday. Couldn't get through to him again though. Luckily I didn't pay much at all.
Anyway, I don't want to be accused of pedaling fake gear on head-fi or anything so I will just keep them.
It's a shame because whoever made them seems to have gone to lengths to match sound signature as well. =]
I'm still not convinced entirely that they aren't just some other make.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V1 X-capes or V2 X-capes? What are these IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 21 seconds ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 24 seconds ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 44 seconds ago
- › Vinyl sounds better than digitial if you ... 46 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Nuforce HA-200 - affordable class-A monoblocks 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear