I have a ZDT being built by Craig right now and the Super 7 photos are the stuff of dreams...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones/Amp Combo for Classical Music (especially Opera); Budget: $2000-2500 Last post on 2/23/13 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Are you a Basshead? Or a Treblehead? Or a Midrange head? A Flathead? Or....? Last post on 6/18/14 at 10:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Options: Where to go from AKG K 702? Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Eddie Current Super 7 (Prototype) impressions and pics - Page 2post #16 of 1015/12/11 at 8:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1015/12/11 at 11:28pmQuote:
He used those exact words when he described it..
Damn you all! I didn't plan on using headphones at home, I only planned on buying the Triad Audio Valve Code, then I go to this Venice meet and hear this EPIC amp (my HD800's didn't workout to well portable, so they sit at home) and how well it powers the HD800's now I have to have one!
post #18 of 1015/13/11 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
I got to hear the HD800 out of the Zana Deux too. The HD800 from the Super 7 is a completely different presentation. The presentation out of the Zana Deux is that of the more typical HD800 experience, which may not be your cup of tea. I didn't check to see what tubes Dallan was using though. The ZD was faster, more transparent, had sharper details and more extension, but didn't have as much body and wasn't even close with bass impact compared to the Super 7. (Personally, I think the bass could be turned down a hair on the Super 7 as it was configured there at the meet.)
I agree with this. The 7 had a warmer presentation, totally different. It seemed less transparent and less instrument separation. I is really apples and oranges though, it was so different. I think the Zana was more dynamic but the 7 was maybe more gentle and fluid with the warmth.
The tube in the Zana Deux was a Valvo.post #19 of 1015/14/11 at 12:18ampost #20 of 1015/14/11 at 4:33ampost #21 of 1015/15/11 at 1:11amThread Starter
I think he said its not actually balanced its just so that you can connect headphones that have balanced connecters. I could be wrong though.post #22 of 1015/18/11 at 1:26pmpost #23 of 1015/18/11 at 3:28pmpost #24 of 1015/18/11 at 4:24pmThread StarterI heard that it was designed for things like the HE-6 but that when he triad the K1000s he was not 100% happy with the combo but I have not heard the combo so I can't speak for myself.post #25 of 1015/18/11 at 9:54pmQuote:
I was standing right there when he listened to the K1000's, when they started clipping he looked VERY disappointed, but the K1000's were designed to be run straight out of the speaker outputs of an amp so he really shouldn't beat himself up, that amp LIGHTS UP the HD800's I have never heard them sound so good!post #26 of 1015/24/11 at 7:54pmpost #27 of 1015/25/11 at 8:08ampost #28 of 1015/25/11 at 8:21ampost #29 of 1015/25/11 at 9:10am
This is what he had to say
The Super 7 will be released first as a single pair unbalanced input, balanced output 4 pin, and unbalanced 1/4” headphone amplifier. I am just waiting for samples of a double C core output transformer to test. Will keep you on the notification list, and let you know when production gets closer.post #30 of 1016/4/11 at 2:44am
It seems that the Super 7 would do justice for the HD800. If anyone could chime in, how's the changes in HD800 sound presentation compared to the LCD-2? Wondering whether the HD800 could compete with the fluid organic sound of the orthos. Thanks.
- Eddie Current Super 7 (Prototype) impressions and pics
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Does every company have their particular sound? 3 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)