I have a ZDT being built by Craig right now and the Super 7 photos are the stuff of dreams...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones/Amp Combo for Classical Music (especially Opera); Budget: $2000-2500 Last post on 2/23/13 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Are you a Basshead? Or a Treblehead? Or a Midrange head? A Flathead? Or....? Last post on 6/18/14 at 10:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Options: Where to go from AKG K 702? Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Eddie Current Super 7 (Prototype) impressions and pics - Page 2post #16 of 1015/12/11 at 8:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1015/12/11 at 11:28pmQuote:
He used those exact words when he described it..
Damn you all! I didn't plan on using headphones at home, I only planned on buying the Triad Audio Valve Code, then I go to this Venice meet and hear this EPIC amp (my HD800's didn't workout to well portable, so they sit at home) and how well it powers the HD800's now I have to have one!
post #18 of 1015/13/11 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
I got to hear the HD800 out of the Zana Deux too. The HD800 from the Super 7 is a completely different presentation. The presentation out of the Zana Deux is that of the more typical HD800 experience, which may not be your cup of tea. I didn't check to see what tubes Dallan was using though. The ZD was faster, more transparent, had sharper details and more extension, but didn't have as much body and wasn't even close with bass impact compared to the Super 7. (Personally, I think the bass could be turned down a hair on the Super 7 as it was configured there at the meet.)
I agree with this. The 7 had a warmer presentation, totally different. It seemed less transparent and less instrument separation. I is really apples and oranges though, it was so different. I think the Zana was more dynamic but the 7 was maybe more gentle and fluid with the warmth.
The tube in the Zana Deux was a Valvo.post #19 of 1015/14/11 at 12:18ampost #20 of 1015/14/11 at 4:33ampost #21 of 1015/15/11 at 1:11amThread Starter
I think he said its not actually balanced its just so that you can connect headphones that have balanced connecters. I could be wrong though.post #22 of 1015/18/11 at 1:26pmpost #23 of 1015/18/11 at 3:28pmpost #24 of 1015/18/11 at 4:24pmThread StarterI heard that it was designed for things like the HE-6 but that when he triad the K1000s he was not 100% happy with the combo but I have not heard the combo so I can't speak for myself.post #25 of 1015/18/11 at 9:54pmQuote:
I was standing right there when he listened to the K1000's, when they started clipping he looked VERY disappointed, but the K1000's were designed to be run straight out of the speaker outputs of an amp so he really shouldn't beat himself up, that amp LIGHTS UP the HD800's I have never heard them sound so good!post #26 of 1015/24/11 at 7:54pmpost #27 of 1015/25/11 at 8:08ampost #28 of 1015/25/11 at 8:21ampost #29 of 1015/25/11 at 9:10am
This is what he had to say
The Super 7 will be released first as a single pair unbalanced input, balanced output 4 pin, and unbalanced 1/4” headphone amplifier. I am just waiting for samples of a double C core output transformer to test. Will keep you on the notification list, and let you know when production gets closer.post #30 of 1016/4/11 at 2:44am
It seems that the Super 7 would do justice for the HD800. If anyone could chime in, how's the changes in HD800 sound presentation compared to the LCD-2? Wondering whether the HD800 could compete with the fluid organic sound of the orthos. Thanks.
- Eddie Current Super 7 (Prototype) impressions and pics
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 1 minute ago
- › Modding the Sennheiser pc350 headset 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...