I have a ZDT being built by Craig right now and the Super 7 photos are the stuff of dreams...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones/Amp Combo for Classical Music (especially Opera); Budget: $2000-2500 Last post on 2/23/13 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Are you a Basshead? Or a Treblehead? Or a Midrange head? A Flathead? Or....? Last post on 6/18/14 at 10:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Options: Where to go from AKG K 702? Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
Eddie Current Super 7 (Prototype) impressions and pics - Page 2post #16 of 1015/12/11 at 8:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1015/12/11 at 11:28pmQuote:
He used those exact words when he described it..
Damn you all! I didn't plan on using headphones at home, I only planned on buying the Triad Audio Valve Code, then I go to this Venice meet and hear this EPIC amp (my HD800's didn't workout to well portable, so they sit at home) and how well it powers the HD800's now I have to have one!
post #18 of 1015/13/11 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
I got to hear the HD800 out of the Zana Deux too. The HD800 from the Super 7 is a completely different presentation. The presentation out of the Zana Deux is that of the more typical HD800 experience, which may not be your cup of tea. I didn't check to see what tubes Dallan was using though. The ZD was faster, more transparent, had sharper details and more extension, but didn't have as much body and wasn't even close with bass impact compared to the Super 7. (Personally, I think the bass could be turned down a hair on the Super 7 as it was configured there at the meet.)
I agree with this. The 7 had a warmer presentation, totally different. It seemed less transparent and less instrument separation. I is really apples and oranges though, it was so different. I think the Zana was more dynamic but the 7 was maybe more gentle and fluid with the warmth.
The tube in the Zana Deux was a Valvo.post #19 of 1015/14/11 at 12:18ampost #20 of 1015/14/11 at 4:33ampost #21 of 1015/15/11 at 1:11amThread Starter
I think he said its not actually balanced its just so that you can connect headphones that have balanced connecters. I could be wrong though.post #22 of 1015/18/11 at 1:26pmpost #23 of 1015/18/11 at 3:28pmpost #24 of 1015/18/11 at 4:24pmThread StarterI heard that it was designed for things like the HE-6 but that when he triad the K1000s he was not 100% happy with the combo but I have not heard the combo so I can't speak for myself.post #25 of 1015/18/11 at 9:54pmQuote:
I was standing right there when he listened to the K1000's, when they started clipping he looked VERY disappointed, but the K1000's were designed to be run straight out of the speaker outputs of an amp so he really shouldn't beat himself up, that amp LIGHTS UP the HD800's I have never heard them sound so good!post #26 of 1015/24/11 at 7:54pmpost #27 of 1015/25/11 at 8:08ampost #28 of 1015/25/11 at 8:21ampost #29 of 1015/25/11 at 9:10am
This is what he had to say
The Super 7 will be released first as a single pair unbalanced input, balanced output 4 pin, and unbalanced 1/4” headphone amplifier. I am just waiting for samples of a double C core output transformer to test. Will keep you on the notification list, and let you know when production gets closer.post #30 of 1016/4/11 at 2:44am
It seems that the Super 7 would do justice for the HD800. If anyone could chime in, how's the changes in HD800 sound presentation compared to the LCD-2? Wondering whether the HD800 could compete with the fluid organic sound of the orthos. Thanks.
- Eddie Current Super 7 (Prototype) impressions and pics
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Cowon Plenue D 56 seconds ago
- › 2016 Tokyo Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 57 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Amp headphone compatibility question. 8 minutes ago
- › ELE DAC Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 13 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse