I have a ZDT being built by Craig right now and the Super 7 photos are the stuff of dreams...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones/Amp Combo for Classical Music (especially Opera); Budget: $2000-2500 Last post on 2/23/13 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Are you a Basshead? Or a Treblehead? Or a Midrange head? A Flathead? Or....? Last post on 6/18/14 at 10:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Options: Where to go from AKG K 702? Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
Eddie Current Super 7 (Prototype) impressions and pics - Page 2post #16 of 1015/12/11 at 8:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1015/12/11 at 11:28pmQuote:
He used those exact words when he described it..
Damn you all! I didn't plan on using headphones at home, I only planned on buying the Triad Audio Valve Code, then I go to this Venice meet and hear this EPIC amp (my HD800's didn't workout to well portable, so they sit at home) and how well it powers the HD800's now I have to have one!
post #18 of 1015/13/11 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
I got to hear the HD800 out of the Zana Deux too. The HD800 from the Super 7 is a completely different presentation. The presentation out of the Zana Deux is that of the more typical HD800 experience, which may not be your cup of tea. I didn't check to see what tubes Dallan was using though. The ZD was faster, more transparent, had sharper details and more extension, but didn't have as much body and wasn't even close with bass impact compared to the Super 7. (Personally, I think the bass could be turned down a hair on the Super 7 as it was configured there at the meet.)
I agree with this. The 7 had a warmer presentation, totally different. It seemed less transparent and less instrument separation. I is really apples and oranges though, it was so different. I think the Zana was more dynamic but the 7 was maybe more gentle and fluid with the warmth.
The tube in the Zana Deux was a Valvo.post #19 of 1015/14/11 at 12:18ampost #20 of 1015/14/11 at 4:33ampost #21 of 1015/15/11 at 1:11amThread Starter
I think he said its not actually balanced its just so that you can connect headphones that have balanced connecters. I could be wrong though.post #22 of 1015/18/11 at 1:26pmpost #23 of 1015/18/11 at 3:28pmpost #24 of 1015/18/11 at 4:24pmThread StarterI heard that it was designed for things like the HE-6 but that when he triad the K1000s he was not 100% happy with the combo but I have not heard the combo so I can't speak for myself.post #25 of 1015/18/11 at 9:54pmQuote:
I was standing right there when he listened to the K1000's, when they started clipping he looked VERY disappointed, but the K1000's were designed to be run straight out of the speaker outputs of an amp so he really shouldn't beat himself up, that amp LIGHTS UP the HD800's I have never heard them sound so good!post #26 of 1015/24/11 at 7:54pmpost #27 of 1015/25/11 at 8:08ampost #28 of 1015/25/11 at 8:21ampost #29 of 1015/25/11 at 9:10am
This is what he had to say
The Super 7 will be released first as a single pair unbalanced input, balanced output 4 pin, and unbalanced 1/4” headphone amplifier. I am just waiting for samples of a double C core output transformer to test. Will keep you on the notification list, and let you know when production gets closer.post #30 of 1016/4/11 at 2:44am
It seems that the Super 7 would do justice for the HD800. If anyone could chime in, how's the changes in HD800 sound presentation compared to the LCD-2? Wondering whether the HD800 could compete with the fluid organic sound of the orthos. Thanks.
- Eddie Current Super 7 (Prototype) impressions and pics
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Focal Elear in stock and a loaner program! 12 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 36 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Superlux Express Train 47 seconds ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 1 minute ago
- › Musical Paradise M2-D2 AK4490 Balanced Dac Reviews? 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › 1more E1001 triple driver in ear headphones review 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear