I have a ZDT being built by Craig right now and the Super 7 photos are the stuff of dreams...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones/Amp Combo for Classical Music (especially Opera); Budget: $2000-2500 Last post on 2/23/13 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ALO The Continental Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Are you a Basshead? Or a Treblehead? Or a Midrange head? A Flathead? Or....? Last post on 6/18/14 at 10:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Options: Where to go from AKG K 702? Last post on 6/21/13 at 10:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
Eddie Current Super 7 (Prototype) impressions and pics - Page 2post #16 of 1015/12/11 at 8:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1015/12/11 at 11:28pmQuote:
He used those exact words when he described it..
Damn you all! I didn't plan on using headphones at home, I only planned on buying the Triad Audio Valve Code, then I go to this Venice meet and hear this EPIC amp (my HD800's didn't workout to well portable, so they sit at home) and how well it powers the HD800's now I have to have one!
post #18 of 1015/13/11 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
I got to hear the HD800 out of the Zana Deux too. The HD800 from the Super 7 is a completely different presentation. The presentation out of the Zana Deux is that of the more typical HD800 experience, which may not be your cup of tea. I didn't check to see what tubes Dallan was using though. The ZD was faster, more transparent, had sharper details and more extension, but didn't have as much body and wasn't even close with bass impact compared to the Super 7. (Personally, I think the bass could be turned down a hair on the Super 7 as it was configured there at the meet.)
I agree with this. The 7 had a warmer presentation, totally different. It seemed less transparent and less instrument separation. I is really apples and oranges though, it was so different. I think the Zana was more dynamic but the 7 was maybe more gentle and fluid with the warmth.
The tube in the Zana Deux was a Valvo.post #19 of 1015/14/11 at 12:18ampost #20 of 1015/14/11 at 4:33ampost #21 of 1015/15/11 at 1:11amThread Starter
I think he said its not actually balanced its just so that you can connect headphones that have balanced connecters. I could be wrong though.post #22 of 1015/18/11 at 1:26pmpost #23 of 1015/18/11 at 3:28pmpost #24 of 1015/18/11 at 4:24pmThread StarterI heard that it was designed for things like the HE-6 but that when he triad the K1000s he was not 100% happy with the combo but I have not heard the combo so I can't speak for myself.post #25 of 1015/18/11 at 9:54pmQuote:
I was standing right there when he listened to the K1000's, when they started clipping he looked VERY disappointed, but the K1000's were designed to be run straight out of the speaker outputs of an amp so he really shouldn't beat himself up, that amp LIGHTS UP the HD800's I have never heard them sound so good!post #26 of 1015/24/11 at 7:54pmpost #27 of 1015/25/11 at 8:08ampost #28 of 1015/25/11 at 8:21ampost #29 of 1015/25/11 at 9:10am
This is what he had to say
The Super 7 will be released first as a single pair unbalanced input, balanced output 4 pin, and unbalanced 1/4” headphone amplifier. I am just waiting for samples of a double C core output transformer to test. Will keep you on the notification list, and let you know when production gets closer.post #30 of 1016/4/11 at 2:44am
It seems that the Super 7 would do justice for the HD800. If anyone could chime in, how's the changes in HD800 sound presentation compared to the LCD-2? Wondering whether the HD800 could compete with the fluid organic sound of the orthos. Thanks.
- Eddie Current Super 7 (Prototype) impressions and pics
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 seconds ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 13 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 42 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony HAP-Z1ES. New High-Res Streamer/Music Server from Sony 6 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 9 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › What if the audio critic is completely right? What would you own? 11 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 11 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 12 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)