A person with a lucrative job who suffers from chronic fiscal irresponsibility is not in any better position to afford expensive audio gear than a person who lives paycheck to paycheck working a 9-to-5 blue collar job.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a pair of closed ear headphones - $60-70 Last post on 1/9/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats the difference between sr60i and 80i? Last post on 9/2/11 at 1:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need serious input from true audiophiles... Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones to buy? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
How do you afford list - Page 2post #16 of 1125/7/11 at 5:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1125/9/11 at 11:55ampost #18 of 1125/9/11 at 2:15pmpost #19 of 1125/9/11 at 3:14pmThread Starterpost #20 of 1125/9/11 at 3:25pm
I imagine he means oil investments... like the buying and trading of one of the world's most important commodities.post #21 of 1125/9/11 at 4:00pmThread Starter
I understood that entirely. I wrote it in jest because he also showed pictures of a Ferrari as if that were supposed to mean something. Those could be stock pictures.
Posting a Roland which costs 400k (depending on where you live) and Grados for less than a g next to a 300k item colors me skeptical. I give credit though since the ground in both pics looks similar. I'm just skeptical. Also, he only has two posts.post #22 of 1125/9/11 at 4:00pmThread Starterpost #23 of 1125/9/11 at 4:16pm
keep on saving....... yep yep just keep on saving........ newwwwww headphones........ hrmmmmm........ no i want a new amp........ oh but you have the money for the headphones now.......... damn!!!!!!!
yeah all i can say is having the right attitude to saving is everything.post #24 of 1125/9/11 at 4:24pmQuote:
this. i have a cousin who's a doctor. he makes over $200,000 a year and has no kids. but because he spends money like a madman, he told me has over $100k in credit card debt and now has terrible credit, so he can't buy a home or get new credit cards.
i, on the other hand, make a lot less money than him, live in Manhattan, and have zero debt. i don't buy anything i don't have the cash for.post #25 of 1125/9/11 at 4:29pmpost #26 of 1125/9/11 at 4:47pmQuote:
lol. i was confused for a couple of seconds when i saw your post above mine with the same profile pic. i've actually been thinking of having that image done as a tattoo.post #27 of 1125/9/11 at 5:41pm
Like everything in life it's about finding the right balance .
Some live to work and can afford the expensive gear but don't have much free time to enjoy it .Though some may get lucky have lots of cash without having to work much for it.
Some Don't work at all ,they have the time but can't afford much gear .
I work to live . I work just long enough to be able to maintain a decent standard of Audio equipment.
And of course the Biggest balance to get right is health .Looking after ourselves and the planet is the foundation that all our pleasures rest upon.post #28 of 1125/9/11 at 5:45pmpost #29 of 1125/9/11 at 10:07pmpost #30 of 1125/9/11 at 10:11pm
- How do you afford list
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 5 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 53 seconds ago
- › Need Help Choosing New Headphones. Bose? Ultrasone? Philips? Others? 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 2 minutes ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › PS4 still down, recommend a set of AT'a to research 5 minutes ago
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)