A person with a lucrative job who suffers from chronic fiscal irresponsibility is not in any better position to afford expensive audio gear than a person who lives paycheck to paycheck working a 9-to-5 blue collar job.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a pair of closed ear headphones - $60-70 Last post on 1/9/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats the difference between sr60i and 80i? Last post on 9/2/11 at 1:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need serious input from true audiophiles... Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones to buy? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
How do you afford list - Page 2post #16 of 1125/7/11 at 5:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1125/9/11 at 11:55ampost #18 of 1125/9/11 at 2:15pmpost #19 of 1125/9/11 at 3:14pmThread Starterpost #20 of 1125/9/11 at 3:25pm
I imagine he means oil investments... like the buying and trading of one of the world's most important commodities.post #21 of 1125/9/11 at 4:00pmThread Starter
I understood that entirely. I wrote it in jest because he also showed pictures of a Ferrari as if that were supposed to mean something. Those could be stock pictures.
Posting a Roland which costs 400k (depending on where you live) and Grados for less than a g next to a 300k item colors me skeptical. I give credit though since the ground in both pics looks similar. I'm just skeptical. Also, he only has two posts.post #22 of 1125/9/11 at 4:00pmThread Starterpost #23 of 1125/9/11 at 4:16pm
keep on saving....... yep yep just keep on saving........ newwwwww headphones........ hrmmmmm........ no i want a new amp........ oh but you have the money for the headphones now.......... damn!!!!!!!
yeah all i can say is having the right attitude to saving is everything.post #24 of 1125/9/11 at 4:24pmQuote:
this. i have a cousin who's a doctor. he makes over $200,000 a year and has no kids. but because he spends money like a madman, he told me has over $100k in credit card debt and now has terrible credit, so he can't buy a home or get new credit cards.
i, on the other hand, make a lot less money than him, live in Manhattan, and have zero debt. i don't buy anything i don't have the cash for.post #25 of 1125/9/11 at 4:29pmpost #26 of 1125/9/11 at 4:47pmQuote:
lol. i was confused for a couple of seconds when i saw your post above mine with the same profile pic. i've actually been thinking of having that image done as a tattoo.post #27 of 1125/9/11 at 5:41pm
Like everything in life it's about finding the right balance .
Some live to work and can afford the expensive gear but don't have much free time to enjoy it .Though some may get lucky have lots of cash without having to work much for it.
Some Don't work at all ,they have the time but can't afford much gear .
I work to live . I work just long enough to be able to maintain a decent standard of Audio equipment.
And of course the Biggest balance to get right is health .Looking after ourselves and the planet is the foundation that all our pleasures rest upon.post #28 of 1125/9/11 at 5:45pmpost #29 of 1125/9/11 at 10:07pmpost #30 of 1125/9/11 at 10:11pm
- How do you afford list
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 8 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 16 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 45 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 49 seconds ago
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 1 minute ago
- › Comparison / Review : Beyerdynamic’s Siblings – The Classic DT880... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Who will review the Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)