A person with a lucrative job who suffers from chronic fiscal irresponsibility is not in any better position to afford expensive audio gear than a person who lives paycheck to paycheck working a 9-to-5 blue collar job.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a pair of closed ear headphones - $60-70 Last post on 1/9/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats the difference between sr60i and 80i? Last post on 9/2/11 at 1:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need serious input from true audiophiles... Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones to buy? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
How do you afford list - Page 2post #16 of 1125/7/11 at 5:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1125/9/11 at 11:55ampost #18 of 1125/9/11 at 2:15pmpost #19 of 1125/9/11 at 3:14pmThread Starterpost #20 of 1125/9/11 at 3:25pm
I imagine he means oil investments... like the buying and trading of one of the world's most important commodities.post #21 of 1125/9/11 at 4:00pmThread Starter
I understood that entirely. I wrote it in jest because he also showed pictures of a Ferrari as if that were supposed to mean something. Those could be stock pictures.
Posting a Roland which costs 400k (depending on where you live) and Grados for less than a g next to a 300k item colors me skeptical. I give credit though since the ground in both pics looks similar. I'm just skeptical. Also, he only has two posts.post #22 of 1125/9/11 at 4:00pmThread Starterpost #23 of 1125/9/11 at 4:16pm
keep on saving....... yep yep just keep on saving........ newwwwww headphones........ hrmmmmm........ no i want a new amp........ oh but you have the money for the headphones now.......... damn!!!!!!!
yeah all i can say is having the right attitude to saving is everything.post #24 of 1125/9/11 at 4:24pmQuote:
this. i have a cousin who's a doctor. he makes over $200,000 a year and has no kids. but because he spends money like a madman, he told me has over $100k in credit card debt and now has terrible credit, so he can't buy a home or get new credit cards.
i, on the other hand, make a lot less money than him, live in Manhattan, and have zero debt. i don't buy anything i don't have the cash for.post #25 of 1125/9/11 at 4:29pmpost #26 of 1125/9/11 at 4:47pmQuote:
lol. i was confused for a couple of seconds when i saw your post above mine with the same profile pic. i've actually been thinking of having that image done as a tattoo.post #27 of 1125/9/11 at 5:41pm
Like everything in life it's about finding the right balance .
Some live to work and can afford the expensive gear but don't have much free time to enjoy it .Though some may get lucky have lots of cash without having to work much for it.
Some Don't work at all ,they have the time but can't afford much gear .
I work to live . I work just long enough to be able to maintain a decent standard of Audio equipment.
And of course the Biggest balance to get right is health .Looking after ourselves and the planet is the foundation that all our pleasures rest upon.post #28 of 1125/9/11 at 5:45pmpost #29 of 1125/9/11 at 10:07pmpost #30 of 1125/9/11 at 10:11pm
- How do you afford list
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 16 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for Trance -2014 edition -Now keeping track in the OP! 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 5 minutes ago
- › How to clean Headphones Velours 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)