A person with a lucrative job who suffers from chronic fiscal irresponsibility is not in any better position to afford expensive audio gear than a person who lives paycheck to paycheck working a 9-to-5 blue collar job.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a pair of closed ear headphones - $60-70 Last post on 1/9/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats the difference between sr60i and 80i? Last post on 9/2/11 at 1:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need serious input from true audiophiles... Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones to buy? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
How do you afford list - Page 2post #16 of 1125/7/11 at 5:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1125/9/11 at 11:55ampost #18 of 1125/9/11 at 2:15pmpost #19 of 1125/9/11 at 3:14pmThread Starterpost #20 of 1125/9/11 at 3:25pm
I imagine he means oil investments... like the buying and trading of one of the world's most important commodities.post #21 of 1125/9/11 at 4:00pmThread Starter
I understood that entirely. I wrote it in jest because he also showed pictures of a Ferrari as if that were supposed to mean something. Those could be stock pictures.
Posting a Roland which costs 400k (depending on where you live) and Grados for less than a g next to a 300k item colors me skeptical. I give credit though since the ground in both pics looks similar. I'm just skeptical. Also, he only has two posts.post #22 of 1125/9/11 at 4:00pmThread Starterpost #23 of 1125/9/11 at 4:16pm
keep on saving....... yep yep just keep on saving........ newwwwww headphones........ hrmmmmm........ no i want a new amp........ oh but you have the money for the headphones now.......... damn!!!!!!!
yeah all i can say is having the right attitude to saving is everything.post #24 of 1125/9/11 at 4:24pmQuote:
this. i have a cousin who's a doctor. he makes over $200,000 a year and has no kids. but because he spends money like a madman, he told me has over $100k in credit card debt and now has terrible credit, so he can't buy a home or get new credit cards.
i, on the other hand, make a lot less money than him, live in Manhattan, and have zero debt. i don't buy anything i don't have the cash for.post #25 of 1125/9/11 at 4:29pmpost #26 of 1125/9/11 at 4:47pmQuote:
lol. i was confused for a couple of seconds when i saw your post above mine with the same profile pic. i've actually been thinking of having that image done as a tattoo.post #27 of 1125/9/11 at 5:41pm
Like everything in life it's about finding the right balance .
Some live to work and can afford the expensive gear but don't have much free time to enjoy it .Though some may get lucky have lots of cash without having to work much for it.
Some Don't work at all ,they have the time but can't afford much gear .
I work to live . I work just long enough to be able to maintain a decent standard of Audio equipment.
And of course the Biggest balance to get right is health .Looking after ourselves and the planet is the foundation that all our pleasures rest upon.post #28 of 1125/9/11 at 5:45pmpost #29 of 1125/9/11 at 10:07pmpost #30 of 1125/9/11 at 10:11pm
- How do you afford list
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › ROCK JAW AUDIO: Resonate IEM – The Grand Tour 49 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 53 seconds ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Hello everyone, I need your help. 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gearbest's Headphones Thread 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear