A person with a lucrative job who suffers from chronic fiscal irresponsibility is not in any better position to afford expensive audio gear than a person who lives paycheck to paycheck working a 9-to-5 blue collar job.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a pair of closed ear headphones - $60-70 Last post on 1/9/12 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats the difference between sr60i and 80i? Last post on 9/2/11 at 1:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need serious input from true audiophiles... Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones to buy? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
How do you afford list - Page 2post #16 of 1125/7/11 at 5:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1125/9/11 at 11:55ampost #18 of 1125/9/11 at 2:15pmpost #19 of 1125/9/11 at 3:14pmThread Starterpost #20 of 1125/9/11 at 3:25pm
I imagine he means oil investments... like the buying and trading of one of the world's most important commodities.post #21 of 1125/9/11 at 4:00pmThread Starter
I understood that entirely. I wrote it in jest because he also showed pictures of a Ferrari as if that were supposed to mean something. Those could be stock pictures.
Posting a Roland which costs 400k (depending on where you live) and Grados for less than a g next to a 300k item colors me skeptical. I give credit though since the ground in both pics looks similar. I'm just skeptical. Also, he only has two posts.post #22 of 1125/9/11 at 4:00pmThread Starterpost #23 of 1125/9/11 at 4:16pm
keep on saving....... yep yep just keep on saving........ newwwwww headphones........ hrmmmmm........ no i want a new amp........ oh but you have the money for the headphones now.......... damn!!!!!!!
yeah all i can say is having the right attitude to saving is everything.post #24 of 1125/9/11 at 4:24pmQuote:
this. i have a cousin who's a doctor. he makes over $200,000 a year and has no kids. but because he spends money like a madman, he told me has over $100k in credit card debt and now has terrible credit, so he can't buy a home or get new credit cards.
i, on the other hand, make a lot less money than him, live in Manhattan, and have zero debt. i don't buy anything i don't have the cash for.post #25 of 1125/9/11 at 4:29pmpost #26 of 1125/9/11 at 4:47pmQuote:
lol. i was confused for a couple of seconds when i saw your post above mine with the same profile pic. i've actually been thinking of having that image done as a tattoo.post #27 of 1125/9/11 at 5:41pm
Like everything in life it's about finding the right balance .
Some live to work and can afford the expensive gear but don't have much free time to enjoy it .Though some may get lucky have lots of cash without having to work much for it.
Some Don't work at all ,they have the time but can't afford much gear .
I work to live . I work just long enough to be able to maintain a decent standard of Audio equipment.
And of course the Biggest balance to get right is health .Looking after ourselves and the planet is the foundation that all our pleasures rest upon.post #28 of 1125/9/11 at 5:45pmpost #29 of 1125/9/11 at 10:07pmpost #30 of 1125/9/11 at 10:11pm
- How do you afford list
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Lets Talk Metal 31 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1e headphones 38 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Rupert Neve Designs Announces The RNHP: Precision Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...