I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we all mention our IEM or headphone and compare it directly to a car, with a picture.
Just a simple concept for summarizing the sound quality/sound signature of a particular IEM/headphone without all the technical jargon of head-fi! Just a sweet picture of a ride to sum it all up .
The format is simple, just type your IEM/headphone and then a hyphen followed by the car you would best describe your IEM to fit. It does not matter if it does not fit the speed or performance of the car directly. For example, if you feel an IEM sounds inviting and warm, then you are free to describe it as a car that may not be fast, but luxurious!
However, include a minimum of TWO pictures:
- One of the exterior of the car, which will describe the IEM's sound signature/sound quality in general.
- The second picture should be of the interior/steering wheel/cockpit of the car, which will describe how you feel when you put on the IEM's/headphones and hit play!
I'll start it off with three of my favorite IEMs/headphones!
1) JH Audio JH16 PRO -> Ferrari F458 Italia
Performance & Sound Signature of the JH16 PRO:
In the cockpit of the JH16 PRO:
2) AKG K702 -> Mercedes S65 AMG
Performance & Sound Signature of the AKG K702:
In the cockpit of the AKG K702:
3) EarSonics SM3 -> Audi RS5
Performance & Sound Signature of the EarSonics SM3:
In the cockpit of the EarSonics SM3:
Now it's your turn!
P.S. This is all subjective so let's not get into the nitty gritty of what car would fit the IEM best. I just want something simple and fun where we can glance at the car and get a picture of what the IEM might sound like!
And if my idea sounds crazy, I know it is .
Edited by SolidVictory - 5/7/11 at 12:03am