- 8,907 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Annapolis, MO (in the middle of retirement)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productAnedio D2 DACtagged by System, 6/13/12
- productApogee MiniDAC 2 Channel DA Convertertagged by System, 6/13/12
- productDangerous Music Sourcetagged by AudioMan612, 1/11/15
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by AudioMan612, 1/11/15
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productLavryBlack DA 10tagged by System, 6/13/12
- productLynx Hilotagged by System, 6/13/12
- productMetric Halo LIO-8tagged by System, 6/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison Last post on 1/10/14 at 7:49pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dangerous Music Source DAC Last post on 8/29/15 at 2:48pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Alternatives to Audiolab M-DAC? Last post on 4/26/13 at 10:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best DACs with asynchronous 24/192 or higher USB and volume control? W4S DAC2? Up to $2000. Last post on 7/12/14 at 5:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info Thread Last post on 7/8/15 at 5:53am in Dedicated Source Components
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
- Headphone Impedance
Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So I dropped another $$$ on DSD downloads, this time from Channel Classics. Again, I got one album I already have as a hi-res PCM file (Pieter Wispelwey performing the second Shostakovich cello concerto and the Britten third suite for solo cello), and one I didn't (Wispelwey and Dejan Lazic performing the Shostakovich, Prokofiev, and Britten sonatas for cello and piano).
The Britten is, I think, the most realistic solo cello recording I've ever heard. And the piano sound is just to die for.
The Hilo is threatening to blow a big hole in my wallet.
Is this the Britten DSD you're referring to? http://www.channelclassics.com/wispelwey-20003.html
That's one. This is the other.
Congrats! I'm auditioning the Hilo this weekend and looking forward to comparing to my m903.
I wish there was a thread in the Dedicated Source forum. This piece of gear definitely doesn't get the attention it deserves and I would've totally missed out on it if it hadn't been for another member suggestion.
For any interested that already has a USB/spdif converter, I've been given a price of $1725 for the unit without USB, $1850 with. It's being sold by a local pro audio store so PM if interested in a contact there.
Edited by Happy Camper - 1/11/13 at 2:27pm
I actually just pulled my LCD-3's back out after a few months of being in the closet. They are sounding great with the Hilo and Stratus, but I haven't used them with the Hilo alone. I'll have to try to dig up a 2 x XLR>1/4" adapter to give them a run.
This Hilo is really sounding great and has me completely satisfied.
- Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series just now
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 3 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 5 minutes ago
- › Vestax PMC-05 Pro DJ mixer and custom hard case 6 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART AU/NZ CIEM Demo Lineup Tour 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2