- 8,888 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Annapolis, MO (in the middle of retirement)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productAnedio D2 DACtagged by System, 6/13/12
- productApogee MiniDAC 2 Channel DA Convertertagged by System, 6/13/12
- productDangerous Music Sourcetagged by AudioMan612, 1/11/15
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by AudioMan612, 1/11/15
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productLavryBlack DA 10tagged by System, 6/13/12
- productLynx Hilotagged by System, 6/13/12
- productMetric Halo LIO-8tagged by System, 6/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison Last post on 1/10/14 at 7:49pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dangerous Music Source DAC Last post on 4/11/15 at 5:39pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Alternatives to Audiolab M-DAC? Last post on 4/26/13 at 10:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best DACs with asynchronous 24/192 or higher USB and volume control? W4S DAC2? Up to $2000. Last post on 7/12/14 at 5:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info Thread Last post on 7/8/15 at 5:53am in Dedicated Source Components
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
- Headphone Impedance
Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So I dropped another $$$ on DSD downloads, this time from Channel Classics. Again, I got one album I already have as a hi-res PCM file (Pieter Wispelwey performing the second Shostakovich cello concerto and the Britten third suite for solo cello), and one I didn't (Wispelwey and Dejan Lazic performing the Shostakovich, Prokofiev, and Britten sonatas for cello and piano).
The Britten is, I think, the most realistic solo cello recording I've ever heard. And the piano sound is just to die for.
The Hilo is threatening to blow a big hole in my wallet.
Is this the Britten DSD you're referring to? http://www.channelclassics.com/wispelwey-20003.html
That's one. This is the other.
Congrats! I'm auditioning the Hilo this weekend and looking forward to comparing to my m903.
I wish there was a thread in the Dedicated Source forum. This piece of gear definitely doesn't get the attention it deserves and I would've totally missed out on it if it hadn't been for another member suggestion.
For any interested that already has a USB/spdif converter, I've been given a price of $1725 for the unit without USB, $1850 with. It's being sold by a local pro audio store so PM if interested in a contact there.
Edited by Happy Camper - 1/11/13 at 2:27pm
I actually just pulled my LCD-3's back out after a few months of being in the closet. They are sounding great with the Hilo and Stratus, but I haven't used them with the Hilo alone. I'll have to try to dig up a 2 x XLR>1/4" adapter to give them a run.
This Hilo is really sounding great and has me completely satisfied.
- Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 20 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 42 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 46 seconds ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 minutes ago
- › Sheer Audio HA-006+ Dynalo Amp 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs... 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3