- 8,876 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Annapolis, MO (in the middle of retirement)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productAnedio D2 DACtagged by System, 6/13/12
- productApogee MiniDAC 2 Channel DA Convertertagged by System, 6/13/12
- productDangerous Music Sourcetagged by AudioMan612, 1/11/15
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by AudioMan612, 1/11/15
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productLavryBlack DA 10tagged by System, 6/13/12
- productLynx Hilotagged by System, 6/13/12
- productMetric Halo LIO-8tagged by System, 6/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison Last post on 1/10/14 at 7:49pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dangerous Music Source DAC Last post on 4/11/15 at 5:39pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Alternatives to Audiolab M-DAC? Last post on 4/26/13 at 10:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best DACs with asynchronous 24/192 or higher USB and volume control? W4S DAC2? Up to $2000. Last post on 7/12/14 at 5:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info Thread Last post on 6/3/15 at 5:26am in Dedicated Source Components
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So I dropped another $$$ on DSD downloads, this time from Channel Classics. Again, I got one album I already have as a hi-res PCM file (Pieter Wispelwey performing the second Shostakovich cello concerto and the Britten third suite for solo cello), and one I didn't (Wispelwey and Dejan Lazic performing the Shostakovich, Prokofiev, and Britten sonatas for cello and piano).
The Britten is, I think, the most realistic solo cello recording I've ever heard. And the piano sound is just to die for.
The Hilo is threatening to blow a big hole in my wallet.
Is this the Britten DSD you're referring to? http://www.channelclassics.com/wispelwey-20003.html
That's one. This is the other.
Congrats! I'm auditioning the Hilo this weekend and looking forward to comparing to my m903.
I wish there was a thread in the Dedicated Source forum. This piece of gear definitely doesn't get the attention it deserves and I would've totally missed out on it if it hadn't been for another member suggestion.
For any interested that already has a USB/spdif converter, I've been given a price of $1725 for the unit without USB, $1850 with. It's being sold by a local pro audio store so PM if interested in a contact there.
Edited by Happy Camper - 1/11/13 at 2:27pm
I actually just pulled my LCD-3's back out after a few months of being in the closet. They are sounding great with the Hilo and Stratus, but I haven't used them with the Hilo alone. I'll have to try to dig up a 2 x XLR>1/4" adapter to give them a run.
This Hilo is really sounding great and has me completely satisfied.
- Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 9 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 10 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 339 IEMs compared (FLC Technology FLC 8 added... 14 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 14 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 14 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 15 minutes ago
- › Final Heaven VII Tour - Reviewers Wanted! 15 minutes ago
- › Current Equivalents or Upgrades to DT-770 Pro / 80 Ohm? 15 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)