- 8,778 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Annapolis, MO (in the middle of retirement)
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productAnedio D2 DACtagged by System, 6/13/12
- productApogee MiniDAC 2 Channel DA Convertertagged by System, 6/13/12
- productDangerous Music Sourcetagged by AudioMan612, 1/11/15
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by AudioMan612, 1/11/15
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productLavryBlack DA 10tagged by System, 6/13/12
- productLynx Hilotagged by System, 6/13/12
- productMetric Halo LIO-8tagged by System, 6/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison Last post on 1/10/14 at 7:49pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Dangerous Music Source DAC Last post on Yesterday at 10:37 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Alternatives to Audiolab M-DAC? Last post on 4/26/13 at 10:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best DACs with asynchronous 24/192 or higher USB and volume control? W4S DAC2? Up to $2000. Last post on 7/12/14 at 5:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info Thread Last post on 1/10/15 at 3:56pm in Dedicated Source Components
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
- Headphone Impedance
Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So I dropped another $$$ on DSD downloads, this time from Channel Classics. Again, I got one album I already have as a hi-res PCM file (Pieter Wispelwey performing the second Shostakovich cello concerto and the Britten third suite for solo cello), and one I didn't (Wispelwey and Dejan Lazic performing the Shostakovich, Prokofiev, and Britten sonatas for cello and piano).
The Britten is, I think, the most realistic solo cello recording I've ever heard. And the piano sound is just to die for.
The Hilo is threatening to blow a big hole in my wallet.
Is this the Britten DSD you're referring to? http://www.channelclassics.com/wispelwey-20003.html
That's one. This is the other.
Congrats! I'm auditioning the Hilo this weekend and looking forward to comparing to my m903.
I wish there was a thread in the Dedicated Source forum. This piece of gear definitely doesn't get the attention it deserves and I would've totally missed out on it if it hadn't been for another member suggestion.
For any interested that already has a USB/spdif converter, I've been given a price of $1725 for the unit without USB, $1850 with. It's being sold by a local pro audio store so PM if interested in a contact there.
Edited by Happy Camper - 1/11/13 at 2:27pm
I actually just pulled my LCD-3's back out after a few months of being in the closet. They are sounding great with the Hilo and Stratus, but I haven't used them with the Hilo alone. I'll have to try to dig up a 2 x XLR>1/4" adapter to give them a run.
This Hilo is really sounding great and has me completely satisfied.
- Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hello All from New Jersey 56 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Appreciation & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › takstars HD 6000 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 4 minutes ago
- › STAX SR-009 electrostatic Headphone in mint condition 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 6 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3