Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support - Page 63

post #931 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

I would assume setting the voltage switch under the battery to low voltage would save on battery power.

My experience for the past 3 months or so supports your assumption.

post #932 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

I would assume setting the voltage switch under the battery to low voltage would save on battery power.

I never noticed that was there before! I will definitely try it out that way.....I don't have any headphones that need a ton of power.

post #933 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I never noticed that was there before!

wink.gifbeerchug.gif
post #934 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


wink.gifbeerchug.gif

Between that and my having the extra battery and external charger from Micca Store, I won't have to worry about running out of juice now....lol. And for that matter, I do still have the E6....although I usually only pair that with the Clip Zip. It looks silly next to the Classic.

post #935 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Between that and my having the extra battery and external charger from Micca Store, I won't have to worry about running out of juice now....lol. And for that matter, I do still have the E6....although I usually only pair that with the Clip Zip. It looks silly next to the Classic.

It was the first thing I checked on arrival. Have a play around with it, you can notice a difference, mostly in how much volume you use. I used low power full time, mostly because the IEM's really didn't need it. It might suit those JVC better though.

It's all trial and error. For example ...on high power mode you may be able to get away with low gain, and visa versa. There's a graph somewhere that explains how many mW each settings puts out. Low power / high gain etc etc...

I can't find it though.
post #936 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


It was the first thing I checked on arrival. Have a play around with it, you can notice a difference, mostly in how much volume you use. I used low power full time, mostly because the IEM's really didn't need it. It might suit those JVC better though.
It's all trial and error. For example ...on high power mode you may be able to get away with low gain, and visa versa. There's a graph somewhere that explains how many mW each settings puts out. Low power / high gain etc etc...
I can't find it though.

I've always used the low gain, and even now with the low voltage setting, I still can. I'm actually wondering how much of a difference there really is between the  low and high voltage settings, because right now, low voltage/low gain, in a quiet room, the E11 volume is on an indicated 2....and I think that's pretty much where I always was. Granted, these JVC's are very efficient....32 ohm, 106db/1mW.

post #937 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I've always used the low gain, and even now with the low voltage setting, I still can. I'm actually wondering how much of a difference there really is between the  low and high voltage settings, because right now, low voltage/low gain, in a quiet room, the E11 volume is on an indicated 2....and I think that's pretty much where I always was. Granted, these JVC's are very efficient....32 ohm, 106db/1mW.

It's a very subtle difference. wink.gif Total win if you can live on low power!

Did you find the other switch inside. The reverse stereo one?
post #938 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


It's a very subtle difference. wink.gif Total win if you can live on low power!
Did you find the other switch inside. The reverse stereo one?

Nope, I didn't notice any other switch. I'm not sure I would want to reverse the channels anyways though...

post #939 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Nope, I didn't notice any other switch. I'm not sure I would want to reverse the channels anyways though...

I was joking, there isn't one lol wink.gif
post #940 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I was joking, there isn't one lol wink.gif

I was hoping so. I don't even like crossfeed, much less reversed channels....lol.

post #941 of 1236

Does anyone know if the Miles Davis Tribute IEMs have good synergy with the Fiio E11? Or perhaps JDS Labs cMoyBB v2.03

post #942 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

I would assume setting the voltage switch under the battery to low voltage would save on battery power.

 

Cool, I thought so.

 

Thanks

post #943 of 1236

Hi guys,

 

Just wanted to add my experience with E11 and AKG K701 smile_phones.gif

 

Lots of ppl says that K701s are for classical music and they do not rock, well they do not rock alone, but with E11 Bass Boost and EQ - 2 they got great bass. It's like completely different headphones, music stays clear and just basses&guitars comes alive.

 

Definitely can recommend this amp. I can finally enjoy music like Dope, Five Finger Death Punch, In Flames and so on, on these headphones basshead.gif

post #944 of 1236

My FiiO E11 is kinky...likes tight leather and being strapped.  deadhorse.gif

 

700

 

700

post #945 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsilva22 View Post

My FiiO E11 is kinky...likes tight leather and being strapped.  deadhorse.gif

 

 

I would lessen the tension on the Sansa's headphone jack a little bit, if you want it to last....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support