Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support - Page 59

post #871 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordec View Post

Anyone use the E11 without the LOD? I'm using it with the Samsung Galaxy Note. No lineout in android phones, but I could use my Sony Walkman player and buy the LOD. Currently with the UE TF10s, I can barely tell any difference in sound quality with or without the E11. I'm planning on getting a higher end circumaural soon that will push the limits of the E11 later. Just wondering, should I expect a significant improvement with LOD vs connecting through the 3.5mm out? 


I use the E11 without LOD on my Sansa Clip+ This is how I set it up. Also with TF10s. wink.gif

Usually you would turn your players volume up to around 3/4 then use the amp, which I did for a long time but found causes distortion quickly. So, after being into car audio for many years and knowing a general rule of keeping your source volume as low as possible and setting your amps gain to a limit I now set the E11 at 6/8 and use the Clip+ Volume. I found it gives much better results when using this method. Try it for yourself and see if you notice a difference.

I also have a Sony Walkman which I use an L5 LOD with, for some reason the Walkmans LOD output is very low and you much turn the E11 up far louder than normal. it does not give satisfactory results so I don't bother anymore. I don't know how to explain the Walkmans LOD output technically I'm just running through my experience.

post #872 of 1237

It will sound better through the LOD, but it may drain your battery..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordec View Post

Anyone use the E11 without the LOD? I'm using it with the Samsung Galaxy Note. No lineout in android phones, but I could use my Sony Walkman player and buy the LOD. Currently with the UE TF10s, I can barely tell any difference in sound quality with or without the E11. I'm planning on getting a higher end circumaural soon that will push the limits of the E11 later. Just wondering, should I expect a significant improvement with LOD vs connecting through the 3.5mm out? 

post #873 of 1237
I have a pair of HF3s and while I love the sound of them I was wondering if I would get even better sound (and admittedly some extra bass) if I used the E11 with a LOD? If not, is there an amp under $200US that would improve the sound? I will be using these with a 3rd gen. iPod touch as my source.
post #874 of 1237
Thread Starter 
Since you are using an Etymotic, I strongly recommend the JDS C421 with AD8620 as an upgrade over E11.
post #875 of 1237

So I've been toying at the idea of going back to portable rigs and having a lod for my itouch and an amp. I noticed that B&H is selling Fiio stuff which I was pretty surprised at so can just pick them up. I was thinking of getting the lod cable I think is the L9 and then the E11 as the amp. I do have a few questions before I buy anything however.

 

How is the volume adjustment on sensitive iems as well as the channel imbalance. I only have a custom iem so typically with amps they go from silence to too loud way too quick and there is some channel imbalance on low volumes and when it gets to good balance it becomes too loud. Also I read somewhere that when you fully charge it the amp doesn't work unless you take out the battery and put it back in. Is that still the case or was that something in a pre release sample?

 

Thanks

post #876 of 1237

Would the E11 be a good amp for The audio technica PRO700mK2 or is this headphone easy to drive

post #877 of 1237

So i ended up going to B&H after finding out they sold Fiio gear and ended up buying the L9, E11, E6 and saw they had the E1 and got them all yesterday. I gave up portable rigs like this a while back so not sure about the E11 and L9 but the E1 seems pretty cool esp with my itouch since the screen has to go on for me to change songs so having the navigation there is handy.

post #878 of 1237

Is the E11 a noticeable upgrade over the E6?  I've got the E6 but since the E11 is only $63 I'm thinking of picking one up.

post #879 of 1237

I been using the E11 with my Galaxy Note (ATT version) and UE TF10s for 1 month now. I turn the volume on the Note up to about 80%, and usually I can leave the E11 volume pretty low for my ears. I know the amplifier is not suppose to "improve sound quality," but the songs I listen to clearly have more clarity, separation, and brightness to them. Also for long listening, it's not a fatiguing. 

post #880 of 1237

I really enjoy my E11, but I love it even more paired with my Beyerdynamic DT1350s. These headphones are pretty easy to drive, but the E11 really made a nice improvement. I ran an RCA-to-mini cable from the analog outs on my Oppo bluray player, into the E11, and then to the Dt1350s...what a great way to watch a flick! The sound was spectacular. 

post #881 of 1237

I think an E11 with a docking and recharging station and be able to use it with a desktop computer from the docking station would be nice.

post #882 of 1237

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but can someone tell me would I be better off with a E7, E11, or something else for my DT 770 pro 80s?

 

I've been using my Beyers with my Samsung GS2 and while it sounds good, I've always wondered if it could sound much better. I've also been plugging it into my desktop speakers (no soundcard) and it sounds pretty good as well. I'm just wondering if any one of those two fiiio products will make a noticeable difference in bass and SQ. I mostly listen to "iTunes" quality music with 320kbps sound. Thanks.

post #883 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty920 View Post

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but can someone tell me would I be better off with a E7, E11, or something else for my DT 770 pro 80s?

 

I've been using my Beyers with my Samsung GS2 and while it sounds good, I've always wondered if it could sound much better. I've also been plugging it into my desktop speakers (no soundcard) and it sounds pretty good as well. I'm just wondering if any one of those two Fiiio products will make a noticeable difference in bass and SQ. I mostly listen to "iTunes" quality music with 320kbps sound. Thanks.

The Fiio E11 amp (no DAC) comes with a better headphone amplifier then the E7 (DAC & Amp).

With the E7 you can plug it into your computer's USB port and both the E7s DAC and amp. will improve the sounds of the DT770 Pro 80-ohm.

But you can not use the E7s DAC feature with your Samsung GS3 (cell phone?).

I say get an Asus Xonar DG or DGX sound card for your computer (their low cost), their DAC & Amp. that will make your DT770 Pro 80-ohm sound better.

Get the Fiio E11 to go with your cell phone.

As the E11's headphone amplifier is better then the Xoner DG(X), you can always plug the E11 between the Xonar and your DT770s.

post #884 of 1237

Thanks for the quick response.

 

I will be using my beyers with several sources including my Samsung SGS2 (Android phone), laptop, and home desktop. I am hoping to not install sound cards on both the laptop and the desktop and I was hoping an external source like the E7 would do the job. It really sucks that the E7 won't have it's DAC available for my phone. So with this in mind, would you still recommend the E11?

post #885 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty920 View Post

Thanks for the quick response.

 

I will be using my beyers with several sources including my Samsung SGS2 (Android phone), laptop, and home desktop. I am hoping to not install sound cards on both the laptop and the desktop and I was hoping an external source like the E7 would do the job. It really sucks that the E7 won't have it's DAC available for my phone. So with this in mind, would you still recommend the E11?

I like the E11, but having a better DAC for laptop and desktop would be nice.

Fiio makes external USB DACs for under $30, Fiio D3 and D5

The DAC Destroyer USB DAC is nice, sells for $50 on eBay (It is a nice DAC, I have one).

 

Or just get the E7 (or E10) and just plug your phone into the amp part (E7 or E10) only.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support