Looking forward to the full review!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on Today at 1:31 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What to expect from a E11? Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- From what impedance and on should you get an amp? Last post on 8/21/11 at 5:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support - Page 6post #76 of 12685/5/11 at 7:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 12685/5/11 at 7:42pm
So far as I know, the 2500mah BL-5B battery is something like copycat battery, and the real volume is not reliable.
Do not believe that there will have miracle come from a nameless brand. it is impossible to build a 1000+mAh at the same size of the BL-5B.
Also below is the dimension of BL-5B and BL-5C
BL-5B: 5.6 X 34 X 46 mm
BL-5C: 5.5 X 34 X 53 mm
So you can see that BL-5C will be bigger than BL-5B.
Edited by JamesFiiO - 5/5/11 at 7:49pmpost #78 of 12685/5/11 at 7:43pm
Oh, dear - another blazing FOTM - way to go, ClieOS. Still, at that incredible price, its difficult to imagine that this thing wasnt going to take off. I look forward to a few more impressions once the initial madness dies down.post #79 of 12685/5/11 at 8:32pmpost #80 of 12685/5/11 at 9:00pmMike on Headfonia has posted his thoughts on e7 vs e11:E7 and E11 briefly (with the JH16Pro, yea I know what an overkill. Just
want to make sure I can hear every single detail because both amps are
very close in terms of performance).
1. As I've said, very close voicing, very close signature and
technicalities. (Does the two share the same op-amp? Sounds like they do).
2. E7 is more lively, has better treble, more spacious. The midrange is
more congested and confused though.
3. E11 is warmer, fuller mids, better mids and thicker lows than the E7.
Overall warmer and slight darker than the E7. I like the signature
better but I wish it can be as open sounding as the E11.
4. I can use the E11 to drive a HE-500 till my ears bleed (seriously), I
can't do that with the E7
5. I'd get the E11 just purely because of the mechanical/analog volume knob alone. Getting the volume up and down is a slow business in the E7.
6. No problem with the ultra-sensitive 18 Ohms JH16Pro with both amps.
7. I also tried both amps with the Sony ZX700 and ATH M50. Good sound with both headphones.post #81 of 12685/5/11 at 9:17pmpost #82 of 12685/5/11 at 9:23pmQuote:
I just thought I'd chime in as FORMER OWNER of the PK2, it is cold and sterile with lean bass IMO. I much prefer the PK3, but haven't yet heard the revered PK1. YMMV.post #83 of 12685/5/11 at 9:47pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Roller
I understand that size is a concern, yet they're very similar in size and weight (3g difference). The main issue of BL-5B is that they really are very weak, specially since the official specifications of BL-5B state that it only had 890mAh.
My question is, are there any reliable manufacturers/stores that sell BL-5B batteries with a capacity higher than the stock 890mAh? Like the 2050mAh battery ClieOS said it was reliable.
EDIT: A properly built higher capacity battery would work perfectly, as it would only have a longer discharge time, and not an output higher than stock specs, if I'm not mistaken.
The stock capacity isn't all the bad actually. Even E7 doesn't have that big of a battery, but it does draw a lot less power.
Yep, I just ordered it to try out. Won't recommend anyone to do so before I got mine to test with. Hopefully it will work.Quote:
As I said it before, take it with a grain of salt. :)
Won't say I disagree with Mike there. But my observation is like this: E7 is more compressed to the middle, E11 and T3D is more open / pan out and effortless (which is the main reason why I consider T3D / E11 to be better, as the overall image, position and soundstage are better). If anything E7, E11 and T3D all share the same kind of clean, transparent and neutral sound, fairly similar to 3MOVE in a way.Quote:
IIRC, PK2 is closer to PK1 than to PK3. PK3 is a more fun and lively sound earbuds, though I personally prefer PK1 type of sound.
Edited by ClieOS - 5/5/11 at 9:48pmpost #84 of 12685/5/11 at 10:41pmpost #85 of 12685/5/11 at 10:58pmThread StarterQuote:
If you already has the E7, I would imagine the next significant upgrade will probably be >$200. E11 is an upgrade, but it can't do miracle, especially since it doesn't have a USB DAC that you can use with PC.post #86 of 12685/5/11 at 11:03pmpost #87 of 12685/5/11 at 11:03pm
might get both pk3 and pk2, which would be cheaper than the pk1 alone! but for bass i already own the mx471post #88 of 12685/5/11 at 11:21pmThread Starter
If you were to sell the E7 and get the E11 for a larger output and slightly smaller footprint, you will probably break even on the money, more or less. For driving headphone alone, E11 is still the better choice, just not going to be as significant as going form E7 to a 3MOVE kind of upgrade.post #89 of 12685/6/11 at 12:12am
- FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp 15 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost 4490 impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Canlanta 2016 Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tidal vs Spotify 9 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...