what kind of battery the e11 use??
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on 4/4/15 at 2:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What to expect from a E11? Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- From what impedance and on should you get an amp? Last post on 8/21/11 at 5:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 12485/5/11 at 1:36pmpost #63 of 12485/5/11 at 1:45pmpost #64 of 12485/5/11 at 1:54pmpost #65 of 12485/5/11 at 1:56pmpost #66 of 12485/5/11 at 1:59pmpost #67 of 12485/5/11 at 2:20pmpost #68 of 12485/5/11 at 3:27pmThanks for the link to pj, ordered one this morning. I've been watching this thread for what seems like forever so I'm glad to see it's finally available!
And also thanks for the first impression review too.post #69 of 12485/5/11 at 3:40pmpost #70 of 12485/5/11 at 4:33pmpost #71 of 12485/5/11 at 5:36pmpost #72 of 12485/5/11 at 6:19pmpost #73 of 12485/5/11 at 6:38pmThread StarterQuote:
Still a BL-5B, one of those that have been mentioned below.
E7 amp section use a pre- / power amp setup based on a decent opamps. but E11 is 3 channels based on a known-to-be-good-and powerful opamp. If E7 used a really good opamp, then it might be able to compete with E11. But E7 simply isn't meant to be best sounding, but more practical. If you put the E11 opamp into E7, it will cut down runtime too much to worth the effort. This is why FiiO developed E11 after E7, so people can have a choice for what is more important to them.
Quote:Originally Posted by JoetheArachnid
Has anybody had any experience with 'gold' batteries such as this one?
It claims to be 1930mAh, but given the distinctly unbranded unit and packaging along with the fact that no other batteries seem to come near this value, it seems like it might be con.
Jumping the gun a bit here I know, but it would be useful to find a good source for some slightly higher capacity batteries for recommendation purposes.Quote:Originally Posted by EraserXIV
you could give this a shot too, it claims 2050 mAh.
I'll probably opt for any of the two.(1930 or 2050)., preferably the 2050mAh version since I know it is from a well known company. But the seller doesn't seem to want to ship to anywhere else except U.S.
Quote:Originally Posted by Roller
I thought it was a different battery, and honestly the battery chosen for the E11 is absurdly bad. If it was the BL-5C, then easy and reliable upgrades could be had, but the BL-5B battery slot doesn't have that many reliable quality battery upgrades out there. A very poor design decision and definitely a point against E11
Actually BL-5B is one of the most popular cellphone battery in China, so it becomes the natural choice for E11. The good thing is you probably can get the battery 10 years from now on eBay without much problem. As mention by other, some Chinese companies are making >1600mAh version of BL-5B, so you can effectively double the battery life on E11 now. That is quite good actually.
Quite good. I haven't noticed any odd synergy between E11 and other headphone so far.
post #74 of 12485/5/11 at 6:49pm
About the battery,
1, BL-5B is the most suitable we can find now, because it's size and volume. if we use BL-5C, the size will be bigger, anyway, it is not a big problem to buy a BL-5B from a local store. and we can also sell it if our customer can not buy from
2, I had never heard any technology that can double the volume of the battery, so be careful about that.post #75 of 12485/5/11 at 7:00pm
I understand that size is a concern, yet they're very similar in size and weight (3g difference). The main issue of BL-5B is that they really are very weak, specially since the official specifications of BL-5B state that it only had 890mAh.
My question is, are there any reliable manufacturers/stores that sell BL-5B batteries with a capacity higher than the stock 890mAh? Like the 2050mAh battery ClieOS said it was reliable.
EDIT: A properly built higher capacity battery would work perfectly, as it would only have a longer discharge time, and not an output higher than stock specs, if I'm not mistaken.
Edited by Roller - 5/5/11 at 7:04pm
- FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 6 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: RHA MA750 - Flawless Victory! 36 seconds ago
- › Alpha Dog: mint 59 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › GEEK PULSE - EXCELLENT 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2