Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support - Page 2

post #16 of 1243

Wow, they looks good too...

 

Clieos, which do you think pair better for re262, this or jds cmoy? thanks smily_headphones1.gif

post #17 of 1243

 I need an amp for my headphones but I'm extremely confused. I have an X-Fi Fatality sound card, so do I need the E7, or should I just get the E9? Now there's the E11 too, should I just wait for it to come out instead?  

post #18 of 1243
Is it warm or bright ?
post #19 of 1243

seems better than the soundmagic a10 ???

post #20 of 1243
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
Clieos, which do you think pair better for re262, this or jds cmoy? thanks smily_headphones1.gif
 

 

E11 sounds better.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

 I need an amp for my headphones but I'm extremely confused. I have an X-Fi Fatality sound card, so do I need the E7, or should I just get the E9? Now there's the E11 too, should I just wait for it to come out instead?  


Why do you want an amp in the first place? You need to know if an amp really adds value to your setup or not since you already have a decent soundcard to begin with.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsosis View Post

Is it warm or bright ?

Slightly warm but mostly neutral.
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

seems better than the soundmagic a10 ???

So far, yes.
 


Edited by ClieOS - 5/5/11 at 7:37am
post #21 of 1243

 I thought the DT770 80 ohm version needed an amp to push them that's why I started looking for amps. I haven't received the headphones yet so I don't know. So you're saying my X-Fi sound card will have enough power to drive my headphones?

post #22 of 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

 I thought the DT770 80 ohm version needed an amp to push them that's why I started looking for amps. I haven't received the headphones yet so I don't know. So you're saying my X-Fi sound card will have enough power to drive my headphones?



Most likely, yes.  Just wait until you have your headphones and make your judgement then.

post #23 of 1243
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

Most likely, yes.  Just wait until you have your headphones and make your judgement then.

x2.
 

 

post #24 of 1243

I know with my 32 ohm headphones I have now, I only listen to them at between 10-20% volume. Since 80 ohm is 2.5 times 32 ohm, does that mean I would need 2.5 times the volume on my computer to get the same volume I get now? If so then my sound card would easily drive the DT770s.

post #25 of 1243

Nice first impressions!  It's not surprising that the E11 already seems to be an excellent product.  With Fiio's previous track record, it would've been more surprising had this product been subpar.  Now I must continue to patiently(or rather impatiently) wait for its official release.

post #26 of 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

I know with my 32 ohm headphones I have now, I only listen to them at between 10-20% volume. Since 80 ohm is 2.5 times 32 ohm, does that mean I would need 2.5 times the volume on my computer to get the same volume I get now? If so then my sound card would easily drive the DT770s.



Just having a really high ohm rating means almost nothing.  Some headphones have a really high impedance and actually have quite a high sensitivity, while some have a low impedance and low sensitivity.

post #27 of 1243



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

I know with my 32 ohm headphones I have now, I only listen to them at between 10-20% volume. Since 80 ohm is 2.5 times 32 ohm, does that mean I would need 2.5 times the volume on my computer to get the same volume I get now? If so then my sound card would easily drive the DT770s.



Not necessarily, the higher impendance of the DT 770 would more likely mean that a moderately higher volume level is needed, to achieve that same listening level as your other 32 Ohm headphones.

post #28 of 1243

ClieOS, can you compare E11 with PA2V2?

post #29 of 1243

The E7 would be good if you want to use both the DAC for your comptuer and the onboard amp for portable use. The E11 will be way better for portable use as the amp in it is much better than the one in the E7. But the E7 is a DAC and Amp combo so its hard to pass it by. If anything the E17 will be what you would want. It has a better DAC and a better amp. May even have a better amp than the E11. If so then I'm completely sold on it when it comes out. The E9 is an amazing desktop amp. Very powerful. Drives my Dennon 5000's with ease. Love hooking up the sflo2 to the e9. Very dynamic and clear.


 

post #30 of 1243

Nice to hear good things about this amp clieos. Would you be able to compare this amp to the arrow later on? Have you had any experience with the Arrow?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support