or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support - Page 83

post #1231 of 1248

 E11K seems very unweildy and cumbersome. 

 

No replaceable battery = fail 

post #1232 of 1248

It is hardly a improvement at all the new E11K...the volume goes lower on my WS99 and bass boost is a lot weaker too.So it is a more high-end version of the old E11 to me and bought a E11 a week after :atsmile: and gonna give the E11K away....


Edited by dailysmoker - 8/31/14 at 12:00pm
post #1233 of 1248
Hey I'm considering buying the E11. Mostly for portable use. I have a pair of ATH-M50x and an HTC one M7. I'm just wondering if these combined with the E11 are a good match.
post #1234 of 1248
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllahLover69 View Post

Hey I'm considering buying the E11. Mostly for portable use. I have a pair of ATH-M50x and an HTC one M7. I'm just wondering if these combined with the E11 are a good match.
unless you want more volume, then I say no. Not worth it to me to carry an amp around on the go for driving cans. M50X isn't hard to drive, so imo it should be okay. Also, the sound quality improvement from using an LOD+amp VS internal ampon most devices isn't worth it for portable use. Home use yes, but just a hassle on the go just to listen to music if your cans are already easy enough to drive without one. For my on-the-go rig, I focus more on the quality of the headphones than upstream components. The less I have to carry around, the better... Plus I dont like having an amplifier strapped to my phone. I do more than just listen to music on the go, so I don't like having to wrestle my pocket to take an inch thick brick with cables attached out to check a text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailysmoker View Post

It is hardly a improvement at all the new E11K...the volume goes lower on my WS99 and bass boost is a lot weaker too.So it is a more high-end version of the old E11 to me and bought a E11 a week after atsmile.gif and gonna give the E11K away....
I'LL TAKE IT! wink.gif
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 9/13/14 at 1:40pm
post #1235 of 1248
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllahLover69 View Post

Hey I'm considering buying the E11. Mostly for portable use. I have a pair of ATH-M50x and an HTC one M7. I'm just wondering if these combined with the E11 are a good match.
The above is just an opinion, yes it is cumbersome to strap an amp to a phone but what ever you strap it to amps are not always just make things go louder! They have better amp and buffers for less distortion at higher volumes not to mention you can get a nice bass boost from some of these. I personally never use my phone as my music device, but that is just me. As the above said you will get better returns from a nice set of headphones.
post #1236 of 1248
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post



unless you want more volume, then I say no. Not worth it to me to carry an amp around on the go for driving cans. M50X isn't hard to drive, so imo it should be okay. Also, the sound quality improvement from using an LOD+amp VS internal ampon most devices isn't worth it for portable use. Home use yes, but just a hassle on the go just to listen to music if your cans are already easy enough to drive without one. For my on-the-go rig, I focus more on the quality of the headphones than upstream components. The less I have to carry around, the better... Plus I dont like having an amplifier strapped to my phone. I do more than just listen to music on the go, so I don't like having to wrestle my pocket to take an inch thick brick with cables attached out to check a text.

I'LL TAKE IT! wink.gif

 



I gave it to my ex wife's son,he loves this thing so much already haha so sorry dude smily_headphones1.gif
post #1237 of 1248
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailysmoker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post



unless you want more volume, then I say no. Not worth it to me to carry an amp around on the go for driving cans. M50X isn't hard to drive, so imo it should be okay. Also, the sound quality improvement from using an LOD+amp VS internal ampon most devices isn't worth it for portable use. Home use yes, but just a hassle on the go just to listen to music if your cans are already easy enough to drive without one. For my on-the-go rig, I focus more on the quality of the headphones than upstream components. The less I have to carry around, the better... Plus I dont like having an amplifier strapped to my phone. I do more than just listen to music on the go, so I don't like having to wrestle my pocket to take an inch thick brick with cables attached out to check a text.

I'LL TAKE IT! wink.gif

 



I gave it to my ex wife's son,he loves this thing so much already haha so sorry dude smily_headphones1.gif
well... Pass on the tradition I guess. wink.gif
post #1238 of 1248
post #1239 of 1248

Just thought I'd mention my brief experience with the E11. I got it and sent it back, but I got it as I bought a new pair of IEMs that had a higher ohm rating than the ones they replaced and there was a large drop in volume on my Cowon D2+, The Superfi 5 pro was good around 20 and the Westone W30 I bought needed to go up to 33 approx for the same volume. I thought maybe I needed an amp and bought the E11 to pair with my Cowon D2+ and the E11 added a heck of a lot of noise even at the same volume without the E11. It did add some volume, but plenty of hiss wiht that volume and it did not improve the overall sound I was already getting. Just more volume and more hiss. It's the only portable amp I've ever tried, but I'd look at something better. Also, it doesn't work while charging and that's a deal killer for some.

post #1240 of 1248
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoomChild View Post
 

Just thought I'd mention my brief experience with the E11. I got it and sent it back, but I got it as I bought a new pair of IEMs that had a higher ohm rating than the ones they replaced and there was a large drop in volume on my Cowon D2+, The Superfi 5 pro was good around 20 and the Westone W30 I bought needed to go up to 33 approx for the same volume. I thought maybe I needed an amp and bought the E11 to pair with my Cowon D2+ and the E11 added a heck of a lot of noise even at the same volume without the E11. It did add some volume, but plenty of hiss wiht that volume and it did not improve the overall sound I was already getting. Just more volume and more hiss. It's the only portable amp I've ever tried, but I'd look at something better. Also, it doesn't work while charging and that's a deal killer for some.


For me, the E11 only adds a hissing sound if the device it is connected to has a small his in the first place. If I connect my E11 to the line out of my E10, the sound is so clean that you can only hear a small hiss if you put the E11 on max volume while nothing is playing. I do agree that it not charging while working is a big disadvantage though.

When connected to me E10, the E11 strangely sounds better in a way. It has brighter treble and it boosts the bass both more and in a cleaner way. I think the E11 is great as long as it is connected to a good source. If I plug my E11 into something that already has got a volume control, it is then that I notice hissing.


Edited by TheGiantHogweed - 12/22/14 at 3:25pm
post #1241 of 1248
My e11 doesn't get much use anymore except when I use my AT athpro700mk2 for some occasional bass. It's always used with a DAC and I think it sounds much better that way.
post #1242 of 1248

Yeah that makes since actually, as you then have two stacked volume controls and you have to negotiate between the two like I was having to do and the amp just amplifies the hiss of the other device. It was really small though and would velcro easily to something which was how I was gonna do it.

post #1243 of 1248

Which DAC is that?

post #1244 of 1248

This thread hasn't been very active lately but I will ask anyway. What exactly does the High/Low power switch under the battery in the E11 do. I really can't tell any different in sound or volume between the 2. I could maybe see if one is better for battery life than the other.

 

(The rest of this post is just about what I use the E11 for).

 

 

I have had my E11 for about 2 and a half years now and it is getting lots of dents and marks but it still works as well as it used to.

 

 

 

These are my Audio Technica ATH-AD700s and they sound better with the E11 than anything else I have tried. They really lack the weight to the deep bass notes. The E11 gives the sound to them that they are missing. It goes so well with them. Even the high gain switch seems to make the treble stand out more. These headphones have extremely good treble and a very open and spacious sound.

 

 

 

I really like the FiiO X3 put together with the E11 because I like the feeling of having buttons to press and a dial to turn for the volume.

I am not keen on anything that is touch screen.

 

 

I find the bass boost controls on the E11 really useful. They boost just the lower end bass. I use the FiiO X3 but often strap this onto it if I am wanting a deeper sounding bass boost. It works out much better then the EQ on the X3. Most of the time though, I do just use the X3 by its self with my AKG K550s because it saves space.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope my E11 with last. I don't like the way the new E11k had been designed. It seems very strange to me the the volume dial is on the opposite site to the input and output. The bass boost may be better but it only has 2 options, on or off.

When my E11 gives up, I think I will go for another exactly the same if it would be possible. It has had so much use.


Edited by TheGiantHogweed - 12/22/14 at 2:37pm
post #1245 of 1248
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiantHogweed View Post
 

This thread hasn't been very active lately but I will ask anyway. What exactly does the High/Low power switch under the battery in the E11 do. I really can't tell any different in sound or volume between the 2. I could maybe see if one is better for battery life than the other.

 

 

The power switch sets how much current is feed into the opamp (which affect how much current is going out. It allows the opamp to either perform at its best or save battery life. If your headphone isn't particularly demanding, then it is normal you won't find much difference between the two,

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support