- 3,750 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: head-fi
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on 6/11/16 at 6:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What to expect from a E11? Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- From what impedance and on should you get an amp? Last post on 8/21/11 at 5:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Wireless headphones…bluetooth even…last time I tried anything wireless was my cordless phone and before that was probably back in the “70’s” with an "all in one headphone with FM/AM radio", anyway...
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support - Page 78post #1156 of 12682/27/14 at 7:01pmYeah i got it.thx. I actually thought HK sellers like mp4,penonaudio selling with battery pack but didnt realize it was actually mica thru amazon.... And luckily i got mine(spare battery) from my very old cell phone inventory!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 12683/2/14 at 6:36pm
Hi Guys, I've just spent a little time with this amp and thought I'd give my input. I'm just starting to build a mobile rig after listening happily to my HD600s though a Matrix Audio Cube for a few years. Decided on ER4s. I guess I was expecting more from this amp. It has dramatically slower transients in the high end vs. my Matrix audio unit (which I love). I've also listened though at PA2V2 and, since that amp has a warmish presentation, I thought the E11 would be more too my liking. The slower high end really took a lot of texture out of strings and symbols. (same problem with the PA2V2) What's the next step up in this size range? I don't want to go too much larger.....post #1158 of 12683/13/14 at 5:10pmQuote:
Hey I'm new to the audiophile community. I was just wondering if you could explain what you mean by the "slower" high end.
Thankspost #1159 of 12683/17/14 at 7:01am
We'll, its always a challenge to write about sounds..... what I'm trying to describe is the immediacy of the high end... when a really high frequency happens, like the first "tick" of a guitar sting being plucked with a pick, or the impact of a brush on a symbol, how much impact was there? The "slower" sound I'm trying to describe is a smoothing out of high end transients. To be fair, this amp performed about the same as my PA2V2 with my ER4S, but neither product was able to get the most our of those phones. I have a Matrix Audio desktop amp which wasn't particularity expense ($200ish) that is worlds better this this respect.......post #1160 of 12683/17/14 at 8:14pmpost #1161 of 12683/19/14 at 7:32pm
I posted some photos of my new FiiO E11 (and my old PA2V2) in a thread here:
I figured I'd post the photos over here as well. I hope that is OK.
I will update the thread with more thoughts once I have listened to them both side by side a little longer.
Quote:Originally Posted by xluben
I just got a FiiO E11 and also dusted off my PA2V2 (that I got nearly 9 years ago!). I decided to take some photos, and I will post some more thoughts and comparisons once I have done a bit more listening on both.
First here are some photos of the FiiO E11. I got the package on Amazon that includes a spare battery and charger.
Comes in a nice metal tin with two rubber bands, USB charging cable, and 90 deg 3.5mm cable.
Back side shows off the "Kilimanjaro" name.
The right side has Gain (H and L) and EQ (0, 1, 2).
The volume knob also acts as power on/off and is mostly covered to prevent accidental volume changes.
The top has a power light and charging light. The mini USB charging port is on the side.
The bottom cover is removed to expose the battery. The cover is made of very thin metal.
The battery can be removed to expose a High/Low Power switch.
The body of the E11 is molded plastic.
Another shot of the back side.
Size comparison vs. the Moto X.
Size comparison vs. the Moto X and Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO.
Size comparison vs. Shure SE215.
FiiO E11, Moto X, and Shure SE215.Quote:Originally Posted by xluben
Here are some photos of the PA2V2. Mine was the first one with a clear faceplate :)
Front view. Clear faceplate. Blue LED.
Rear 3/4 view.
PA2V2 opened up.
Inside the PA2V2.
Front 3/4 view inside the PA2V2.
Underside of the PA2V2 circuit board.
Top of the PA2V2 circuit board.post #1162 of 12683/27/14 at 2:35pmpost #1163 of 12683/29/14 at 3:41amHi everyone, just a general enquiry. I got my e11 last week as my first dip into the world of portable amps and I can't say I've been disappointed! The E11 is a great little amp and improves the sound quality of all my phones but it especially pairs beautifully with my Grado sr80's. Anyway, my only gripe is that the battery cover is really loose as it does not properly attach at the top nearest the volume nob and can be lifted up without pressing the release button at the bottom. Has anyone else had similar problems? Or have any suggestions?
Thank youpost #1164 of 12683/29/14 at 6:29amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by lawrecedent
Hi everyone, just a general enquiry. I got my e11 last week as my first dip into the world of portable amps and I can't say I've been disappointed! The E11 is a great little amp and improves the sound quality of all my phones but it especially pairs beautifully with my Grado sr80's. Anyway, my only gripe is that the battery cover is really loose as it does not properly attach at the top nearest the volume nob and can be lifted up without pressing the release button at the bottom. Has anyone else had similar problems? Or have any suggestions?
There should be a 'hook' underneath the battery cover near the volume pot to prevent it from coming out. Check if the cover is slightly bended outward or not. If it is, push it back a bit so the hook will catch the case.post #1165 of 12683/29/14 at 6:40amI'd tried this already but didn't want to be too brutal with my new purchase and end up warping the back cover. However, a second attempt with a bit more gusto has proved successful and saves me the long wait to return it to China! Thanks for the advicepost #1166 of 12683/29/14 at 7:02ampost #1167 of 12683/29/14 at 7:19amQuote:
This could explain the reduced price on mine if they're liquidating the old stock. Only guessing thoughpost #1168 of 12683/29/14 at 7:52ampost #1169 of 12683/29/14 at 8:37amQuote:
Nah, pinch urself......it might be I, posted that E11 will be replaced with E11K which will have non-replaceable battery......available by mid of 2014 i guess.post #1170 of 12683/29/14 at 11:49amQuote:
Yes that is it.
Well, are you guessing or do you know something?
KT, I have both, the E12 is not an update of E11 it is a different class amp.
- FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Computer volume variation vs. DAC volume variation 13 seconds ago
- › Win A FiiO DK1 (Multifunction Dock) with Your Comments---- A Harbor... 51 seconds ago
- › Need advice on building a measurement system 3 minutes ago
- › E-MU Wooden Series Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio dk1 dock and x7 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount! 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Klipsch's NEW line of Reference X IEMs (X6i, XR8i, X12i, X20i) 10 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...