- 2,253 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on 11/6/14 at 10:27am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What to expect from a E11? Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- From what impedance and on should you get an amp? Last post on 8/21/11 at 5:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
This is my first review here. Previously owned Beyerdynamic DT 770 , Audio-Technica m20, Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Stil have a pair of AKG k450. I exchanged Sennheiser Momentum on-ear for those...
Let’s get started :- This time , BRAINWAVZ have a new earphone seemingly a subordinate of S5 , it seems like people at brainwavz are serious about making durable and value efficient...
FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support - Page 78post #1156 of 12382/27/14 at 7:01pmYeah i got it.thx. I actually thought HK sellers like mp4,penonaudio selling with battery pack but didnt realize it was actually mica thru amazon.... And luckily i got mine(spare battery) from my very old cell phone inventory!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 12383/2/14 at 6:36pm
Hi Guys, I've just spent a little time with this amp and thought I'd give my input. I'm just starting to build a mobile rig after listening happily to my HD600s though a Matrix Audio Cube for a few years. Decided on ER4s. I guess I was expecting more from this amp. It has dramatically slower transients in the high end vs. my Matrix audio unit (which I love). I've also listened though at PA2V2 and, since that amp has a warmish presentation, I thought the E11 would be more too my liking. The slower high end really took a lot of texture out of strings and symbols. (same problem with the PA2V2) What's the next step up in this size range? I don't want to go too much larger.....post #1158 of 12383/13/14 at 5:10pmQuote:
Hey I'm new to the audiophile community. I was just wondering if you could explain what you mean by the "slower" high end.
Thankspost #1159 of 12383/17/14 at 7:01am
We'll, its always a challenge to write about sounds..... what I'm trying to describe is the immediacy of the high end... when a really high frequency happens, like the first "tick" of a guitar sting being plucked with a pick, or the impact of a brush on a symbol, how much impact was there? The "slower" sound I'm trying to describe is a smoothing out of high end transients. To be fair, this amp performed about the same as my PA2V2 with my ER4S, but neither product was able to get the most our of those phones. I have a Matrix Audio desktop amp which wasn't particularity expense ($200ish) that is worlds better this this respect.......post #1160 of 12383/17/14 at 8:14pmpost #1161 of 12383/19/14 at 7:32pm
I posted some photos of my new FiiO E11 (and my old PA2V2) in a thread here:
I figured I'd post the photos over here as well. I hope that is OK.
I will update the thread with more thoughts once I have listened to them both side by side a little longer.
Quote:Originally Posted by xluben
I just got a FiiO E11 and also dusted off my PA2V2 (that I got nearly 9 years ago!). I decided to take some photos, and I will post some more thoughts and comparisons once I have done a bit more listening on both.
First here are some photos of the FiiO E11. I got the package on Amazon that includes a spare battery and charger.
Comes in a nice metal tin with two rubber bands, USB charging cable, and 90 deg 3.5mm cable.
Back side shows off the "Kilimanjaro" name.
The right side has Gain (H and L) and EQ (0, 1, 2).
The volume knob also acts as power on/off and is mostly covered to prevent accidental volume changes.
The top has a power light and charging light. The mini USB charging port is on the side.
The bottom cover is removed to expose the battery. The cover is made of very thin metal.
The battery can be removed to expose a High/Low Power switch.
The body of the E11 is molded plastic.
Another shot of the back side.
Size comparison vs. the Moto X.
Size comparison vs. the Moto X and Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO.
Size comparison vs. Shure SE215.
FiiO E11, Moto X, and Shure SE215.Quote:Originally Posted by xluben
Here are some photos of the PA2V2. Mine was the first one with a clear faceplate :)
Front view. Clear faceplate. Blue LED.
Rear 3/4 view.
PA2V2 opened up.
Inside the PA2V2.
Front 3/4 view inside the PA2V2.
Underside of the PA2V2 circuit board.
Top of the PA2V2 circuit board.post #1162 of 12383/27/14 at 2:35pmpost #1163 of 12383/29/14 at 3:41amHi everyone, just a general enquiry. I got my e11 last week as my first dip into the world of portable amps and I can't say I've been disappointed! The E11 is a great little amp and improves the sound quality of all my phones but it especially pairs beautifully with my Grado sr80's. Anyway, my only gripe is that the battery cover is really loose as it does not properly attach at the top nearest the volume nob and can be lifted up without pressing the release button at the bottom. Has anyone else had similar problems? Or have any suggestions?
Thank youpost #1164 of 12383/29/14 at 6:29amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by lawrecedent
Hi everyone, just a general enquiry. I got my e11 last week as my first dip into the world of portable amps and I can't say I've been disappointed! The E11 is a great little amp and improves the sound quality of all my phones but it especially pairs beautifully with my Grado sr80's. Anyway, my only gripe is that the battery cover is really loose as it does not properly attach at the top nearest the volume nob and can be lifted up without pressing the release button at the bottom. Has anyone else had similar problems? Or have any suggestions?
There should be a 'hook' underneath the battery cover near the volume pot to prevent it from coming out. Check if the cover is slightly bended outward or not. If it is, push it back a bit so the hook will catch the case.post #1165 of 12383/29/14 at 6:40amI'd tried this already but didn't want to be too brutal with my new purchase and end up warping the back cover. However, a second attempt with a bit more gusto has proved successful and saves me the long wait to return it to China! Thanks for the advicepost #1166 of 12383/29/14 at 7:02ampost #1167 of 12383/29/14 at 7:19amQuote:
This could explain the reduced price on mine if they're liquidating the old stock. Only guessing thoughpost #1168 of 12383/29/14 at 7:52ampost #1169 of 12383/29/14 at 8:37amQuote:
Nah, pinch urself......it might be I, posted that E11 will be replaced with E11K which will have non-replaceable battery......available by mid of 2014 i guess.post #1170 of 12383/29/14 at 11:49amQuote:
Yes that is it.
Well, are you guessing or do you know something?
KT, I have both, the E12 is not an update of E11 it is a different class amp.
- FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › AMP for Beyerdynamics DT 990 250Ohm 9 seconds ago
- › Need help buying headphone, budget is within $100 10 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic T51p Discussion Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 46 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 1 minute ago
- › COMPARISON / REVIEW (Part Deux) : A tale of two Sennheisers –... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD700 for Sale 5 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 7 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › VSONIC GR07 by nikhilthecupid
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › Fischer Audio Consonance V2 by fonzler
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)