or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support - Page 79

post #1171 of 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2muchstuff View Post

Yes that is it.
Well, are you guessing or do you know something?

KT,  I have both, the E12 is not an update of E11 it is a different class amp.

Thanks,
R

Well guessing in the sense like june or july '14 for sure......so mid of 2014.
post #1172 of 1271
I just got my FiiO E11 and I'm using it with my iPhone 4s. Sometimes it makes crackle noises while is plugged in but it's pretty subtle. Is this normal?
post #1173 of 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Fi Guy View Post

I just got my FiiO E11 and I'm using it with my iPhone 4s. Sometimes it makes crackle noises while is plugged in but it's pretty subtle. Is this normal?
Mine does too, I think it's interference from the phone but it doesn't do it all the time and I only notice it when I have headphones on but no music playing. If you think about how badly affected computer speakers and radios are affected by mobile signals it's pretty good really.
post #1174 of 1271

I forgot to mention that i hear it only when the music isn't playing so I'm experiencing the same thing as you. good to know that its normal.
although I get the same sounds when i plug it into my mac. any ideas on that?

 

Thanks

post #1175 of 1271

@ Hi-Fi Guy- Thats from the interference still. I used to get crackling when it was plugged into my phone, even if everything but wifi was off...Now i only use it for my mp3 player (older galaxy s2 without phone plan/ data) and its gone away completely.

post #1176 of 1271

Good evening, I like to listen to music with the sony nwz e464, I would not buy a headphone amplifier for audio power but to improve the quality and the audio spectrum.
I am undecided between FiiO e11 (58 €) and FiiO e12 (123 €). I know that among the 3 best is the fiio e12 e11 but costs much less and weighs less than above. How much is the difference in sound, considering the price double? Or is it better not to buy either of them and expect to get the fiio x3 with built-in DAC, but I do not know if it is better integrated DAC or the DAC in the FiiO x3 e12 model.
Who gives me a help?

post #1177 of 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVoX View Post

Good evening, I like to listen to music with the sony nwz e464, I would not buy a headphone amplifier for audio power but to improve the quality and the audio spectrum.

I am undecided between FiiO e11 (58 €) and FiiO e12 (123 €). I know that among the 3 best is the fiio e12 e11 but costs much less and weighs less than above. How much is the difference in sound, considering the price double? Or is it better not to buy either of them and expect to get the fiio x3 with built-in DAC, but I do not know if it is better integrated DAC or the DAC in the FiiO x3 e12 model.

Who gives me a help?
What is that you gonna use?an IEM/canal phone earphone or an headphone?
post #1178 of 1271

Hi! Lately listening with the Noontec Zoro, leaving the in-ear headphones. 
After buying the DAC would buy other headphones from 32 ohms, but that's not the problem. There are headphones of the first level, but can be folded down and the cable is replaceable, and it is the thing that interests me most going around. 
I'm really undecided whether to pair with a DAC with my sony reader E464 to expand the audio spectrum, and buy or not buy anything below the fiio x3. I must say that the Sony is fine, so I thought a portable DAC, the e11 costs € 58 and weighs much less than the fiio e12 which is € 123, which is the difference with headphones or from 16/32 ohms is the best model e11 ? Or the DAC built into the fiio x3 is better than the FiiO FiiO e11 and e12?

post #1179 of 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVoX View Post

Hi! Lately listening with the Noontec Zoro, leaving the in-ear headphones. 

After buying the DAC would buy other headphones from 32 ohms, but that's not the problem. There are headphones of the first level, but can be folded down and the cable is replaceable, and it is the thing that interests me most going around. 

I'm really undecided whether to pair with a DAC with my sony reader E464 to expand the audio spectrum, and buy or not buy anything below the fiio x3. I must say that the Sony is fine, so I thought a portable DAC, the e11 costs € 58 and weighs much less than the fiio e12 which is € 123, which is the difference with headphones or from 16/32 ohms is the best model e11 ? Or the DAC built into the fiio x3 is better than the FiiO FiiO e11 and e12?

Ok. I suggest you get the FiiO L5 LOD cable and FiiO E11 amp,that way you can bypass your sony HO. Looks like the price you got in your country is costlier. So buy from mp4nation.net and they ship via fedex

But,please make sure about the LOD compatibilitywiyh your sony model and shipping details to your country with them before placing the order.I guess it supports all walkman series but just..........

E11 is an wonderful amp which has replaceable bl-5b battery,eq and gain settings and drive most of the budget cans with ease.
Edited by Shawn71 - 4/10/14 at 9:11am
post #1180 of 1271

Hello and thanks for the advice. I write from Italy, I find the prices from a vendor near my city, are included in shipping and if I have warranty issues can bring them in person, while the site which is headquartered in Hong Kong could not have 24 months warranty and I have to pay the customs duty (+22% cost). 
I confirm that FiiO e11 has a quality / price ratio better than the fiio e12? In addition e11 has a better DAC than the fiio x3 (as producer on the site have 3 different DAC chip)? 
I could use it successfully with younger readers, as sandisk clip zip +?

post #1181 of 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVoX View Post

Hello and thanks for the advice. I write from Italy, I find the prices from a vendor near my city, are included in shipping and if I have warranty issues can bring them in person, while the site which is headquartered in Hong Kong could not have 24 months warranty and I have to pay the customs duty (+22% cost). 

I confirm that FiiO e11 has a quality / price ratio better than the fiio e12? In addition e11 has a better DAC than the fiio x3 (as producer on the site have 3 different DAC chip)? 

I could use it successfully with younger readers, as sandisk clip zip +?

ok sounds like a better deal in your home country. And i would like to give a brief note about DAC and Amp....

The USB DAC/HP Amp(FiiO E07K) has both DAC and amp in one unit. The dac can be used to bypass PC/laptop's inbuilt/onboard sound card by connecting it thru their USB port. The amp section amplifies the signal from dac output then route it to headphone out.

On the other hand the HP amp(FiiO E11) serves as exclusive HP amp ONLY,no DAC funtionlity. Any device(media player,tab,pc,laptop,smartphon etc) which has 3.5mm audio output can be connected to HP amp.
So if you would like to use pc/laptop as audio source besides your sony 464 you can choose FiiO E07K OR if you just want HP amp only to use with sony and sansa FiiO E11 is a best candidate.

X3 is an all in one pro audio player which can play any audio files with a good dac and amp built-in.

Since you already own sony and sansa(i assume) you can buy the sony LOD and FiiO amp or you can upgrade one shot by getting the X3. You can do the math as i dont have a clue about your budget.
Edited by Shawn71 - 4/10/14 at 9:50pm
post #1182 of 1271

Hello, you're right, I got confused with the names but what I want is of course a mini-amp. What you wrote is right and I agree with everything. 
My doubt was / is whether it makes sense to take an amp FiiO e11 (57 €) FiiO e12 (123 €) or wait a while and take the FiiO X3 (199 €), all depends on the chip and the quality / price ratio . 
My current budget covers up to FiiO e12, if you should take the X3 look a couple of months and I take that, moreover, if there is not a huge difference (I read on the forum of ups and downs much lower than in the model e11 compared FiiO e12) saving money with fiio e11 and listening to good music (I hope) with the advantage of a lower net weight.

post #1183 of 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVoX View Post

Hello, you're right, I got confused with the names but what I want is of course a mini-amp. What you wrote is right and I agree with everything. 

My doubt was / is whether it makes sense to take an amp FiiO e11 (57 €) FiiO e12 (123 €) or wait a while and take the FiiO X3 (199 €), all depends on the chip and the quality / price ratio . 

My current budget covers up to FiiO e12, if you should take the X3 look a couple of months and I take that, moreover, if there is not a huge difference (I read on the forum of ups and downs much lower than in the model e11 compared FiiO e12) saving money with fiio e11 and listening to good music (I hope) with the advantage of a lower net weight.

Alrite. I highly recommend E11 for price,performance,options,portability etc to E12,as I own both and E06K. Get the LOD for sansa and sony for better sound quality and to reveal E11's potential.
post #1184 of 1271

Hello, I have both? Do you find that the difference is not so marked with a 32-ohm headphones (as read on the forum)? The LOD for sony'll take it, but the Sansa does'nt fit the one supplied with the Fiio E11? There is much difference sound between LOD and 3.5mm jack supplied with Fiio E11?

post #1185 of 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVoX View Post

Hello, I have both? Do you find that the difference is not so marked with a 32-ohm headphones (as read on the forum)? The LOD for sony'll take it, but the Sansa does'nt fit the one supplied with the Fiio E11? There is much difference sound between LOD and 3.5mm jack supplied with Fiio E11?

Well,the supplied 3.5mm-3.5mm interconnect cable will connect any 3.5mm headphone output of portable devices. But using a LOD cable(compatible) will improve the SQ of any device as it wont use the built-in headphone amplifer rather just uses the onboard dac and line out to external HP amp(FiiO).
You can use that interconnect cable still to use the HO of the device but SQ will not be that good as there are 2 stages of amplification.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support