- 4,031 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: head-fi
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on 11/18/16 at 9:56am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What to expect from a E11? Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- From what impedance and on should you get an amp? Last post on 8/21/11 at 5:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support - Page 78post #1156 of 12712/27/14 at 7:01pmYeah i got it.thx. I actually thought HK sellers like mp4,penonaudio selling with battery pack but didnt realize it was actually mica thru amazon.... And luckily i got mine(spare battery) from my very old cell phone inventory!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 12713/2/14 at 6:36pm
Hi Guys, I've just spent a little time with this amp and thought I'd give my input. I'm just starting to build a mobile rig after listening happily to my HD600s though a Matrix Audio Cube for a few years. Decided on ER4s. I guess I was expecting more from this amp. It has dramatically slower transients in the high end vs. my Matrix audio unit (which I love). I've also listened though at PA2V2 and, since that amp has a warmish presentation, I thought the E11 would be more too my liking. The slower high end really took a lot of texture out of strings and symbols. (same problem with the PA2V2) What's the next step up in this size range? I don't want to go too much larger.....post #1158 of 12713/13/14 at 5:10pmQuote:
Hey I'm new to the audiophile community. I was just wondering if you could explain what you mean by the "slower" high end.
Thankspost #1159 of 12713/17/14 at 7:01am
We'll, its always a challenge to write about sounds..... what I'm trying to describe is the immediacy of the high end... when a really high frequency happens, like the first "tick" of a guitar sting being plucked with a pick, or the impact of a brush on a symbol, how much impact was there? The "slower" sound I'm trying to describe is a smoothing out of high end transients. To be fair, this amp performed about the same as my PA2V2 with my ER4S, but neither product was able to get the most our of those phones. I have a Matrix Audio desktop amp which wasn't particularity expense ($200ish) that is worlds better this this respect.......post #1160 of 12713/17/14 at 8:14pmpost #1161 of 12713/19/14 at 7:32pm
I posted some photos of my new FiiO E11 (and my old PA2V2) in a thread here:
I figured I'd post the photos over here as well. I hope that is OK.
I will update the thread with more thoughts once I have listened to them both side by side a little longer.
Quote:Originally Posted by xluben
I just got a FiiO E11 and also dusted off my PA2V2 (that I got nearly 9 years ago!). I decided to take some photos, and I will post some more thoughts and comparisons once I have done a bit more listening on both.
First here are some photos of the FiiO E11. I got the package on Amazon that includes a spare battery and charger.
Comes in a nice metal tin with two rubber bands, USB charging cable, and 90 deg 3.5mm cable.
Back side shows off the "Kilimanjaro" name.
The right side has Gain (H and L) and EQ (0, 1, 2).
The volume knob also acts as power on/off and is mostly covered to prevent accidental volume changes.
The top has a power light and charging light. The mini USB charging port is on the side.
The bottom cover is removed to expose the battery. The cover is made of very thin metal.
The battery can be removed to expose a High/Low Power switch.
The body of the E11 is molded plastic.
Another shot of the back side.
Size comparison vs. the Moto X.
Size comparison vs. the Moto X and Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO.
Size comparison vs. Shure SE215.
FiiO E11, Moto X, and Shure SE215.Quote:Originally Posted by xluben
Here are some photos of the PA2V2. Mine was the first one with a clear faceplate :)
Front view. Clear faceplate. Blue LED.
Rear 3/4 view.
PA2V2 opened up.
Inside the PA2V2.
Front 3/4 view inside the PA2V2.
Underside of the PA2V2 circuit board.
Top of the PA2V2 circuit board.post #1162 of 12713/27/14 at 2:35pmpost #1163 of 12713/29/14 at 3:41amHi everyone, just a general enquiry. I got my e11 last week as my first dip into the world of portable amps and I can't say I've been disappointed! The E11 is a great little amp and improves the sound quality of all my phones but it especially pairs beautifully with my Grado sr80's. Anyway, my only gripe is that the battery cover is really loose as it does not properly attach at the top nearest the volume nob and can be lifted up without pressing the release button at the bottom. Has anyone else had similar problems? Or have any suggestions?
Thank youpost #1164 of 12713/29/14 at 6:29amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by lawrecedent
Hi everyone, just a general enquiry. I got my e11 last week as my first dip into the world of portable amps and I can't say I've been disappointed! The E11 is a great little amp and improves the sound quality of all my phones but it especially pairs beautifully with my Grado sr80's. Anyway, my only gripe is that the battery cover is really loose as it does not properly attach at the top nearest the volume nob and can be lifted up without pressing the release button at the bottom. Has anyone else had similar problems? Or have any suggestions?
There should be a 'hook' underneath the battery cover near the volume pot to prevent it from coming out. Check if the cover is slightly bended outward or not. If it is, push it back a bit so the hook will catch the case.post #1165 of 12713/29/14 at 6:40amI'd tried this already but didn't want to be too brutal with my new purchase and end up warping the back cover. However, a second attempt with a bit more gusto has proved successful and saves me the long wait to return it to China! Thanks for the advicepost #1166 of 12713/29/14 at 7:02ampost #1167 of 12713/29/14 at 7:19amQuote:
This could explain the reduced price on mine if they're liquidating the old stock. Only guessing thoughpost #1168 of 12713/29/14 at 7:52ampost #1169 of 12713/29/14 at 8:37amQuote:
Nah, pinch urself......it might be I, posted that E11 will be replaced with E11K which will have non-replaceable battery......available by mid of 2014 i guess.post #1170 of 12713/29/14 at 11:49amQuote:
Yes that is it.
Well, are you guessing or do you know something?
KT, I have both, the E12 is not an update of E11 it is a different class amp.
- FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › University student looking for some new headphones or advice on how... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Please recommend headphones or IEMs for blocking low frequency noise 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Extreme Metal Zone! 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Ref. 1 5 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 5 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear