I have a pair of SE530 IEM but I'm looking to get a pair of full size headphones. I love the sound of the 530's but am curious of the difference to full sized. I have around $700 to drop. I'll be using them in an office setting so the only requirement I have is that people around me should not be disturbed; sound doesn't leak out. Any suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) Last post on 9/1/16 at 8:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Sony MDR-EX1000 review with comparisons.ex1 Last post on 11/10/12 at 6:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I really need some expertise Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you throw some recommendations my way? Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Cans that cannot be heard from the outsidepost #1 of 75/4/11 at 8:33pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 75/4/11 at 9:02pmpost #3 of 75/4/11 at 9:25pmpost #4 of 75/5/11 at 9:38amThread Starter
It's pretty quiet in here so I'm not worried about isolation.
I figured closed ear headphones would be the way to go. I forgot to mention though, that I once tried the Denon AH-A100 but I was not impressed by the sound quality (highs seemed to be severly lacking). In addition, you could easily hear what was playing from the outside even at low to moderate volumes. I returned them the next day.
Phos reminded me of another requirement. They should be comfortable for long listening periods; upwards of 6-8 hours per day sometimes for 5 hours straight. As for the SE530's, my canals used to hurt but after 3 years of use, averaging over 30 hr/wk, I'm quite sure I've adapted.post #5 of 75/5/11 at 9:47ampost #6 of 75/5/11 at 9:54amThread Starter
Seriously, almost everything, but here's a scale of genres from most listed to-to least
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 11 seconds ago
- › New iRiver AK70 32 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 47 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 2 minutes ago
- › Thought's on LCD-2 rev.2 --> Schiit Bifrost --> schiit Lyr 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD 2.2 Rosewood 2 minutes ago
- › Interview with Bowers & Wilkins - An Engineer's Perspective 2 minutes ago
- › Doubt about maximum impedance for my audio interface 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 3 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...