I have a pair of SE530 IEM but I'm looking to get a pair of full size headphones. I love the sound of the 530's but am curious of the difference to full sized. I have around $700 to drop. I'll be using them in an office setting so the only requirement I have is that people around me should not be disturbed; sound doesn't leak out. Any suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) Last post on 1/4/15 at 1:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Sony MDR-EX1000 review with comparisons.ex1 Last post on 11/10/12 at 6:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I really need some expertise Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you throw some recommendations my way? Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Cans that cannot be heard from the outsidepost #1 of 75/4/11 at 8:33pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 75/4/11 at 9:02pmpost #3 of 75/4/11 at 9:25pmpost #4 of 75/5/11 at 9:38amThread Starter
It's pretty quiet in here so I'm not worried about isolation.
I figured closed ear headphones would be the way to go. I forgot to mention though, that I once tried the Denon AH-A100 but I was not impressed by the sound quality (highs seemed to be severly lacking). In addition, you could easily hear what was playing from the outside even at low to moderate volumes. I returned them the next day.
Phos reminded me of another requirement. They should be comfortable for long listening periods; upwards of 6-8 hours per day sometimes for 5 hours straight. As for the SE530's, my canals used to hurt but after 3 years of use, averaging over 30 hr/wk, I'm quite sure I've adapted.post #5 of 75/5/11 at 9:47ampost #6 of 75/5/11 at 9:54amThread Starter
Seriously, almost everything, but here's a scale of genres from most listed to-to least
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 second ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 32 seconds ago
- › Looking for a better source for my microphone (a modmic) 39 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 40 seconds ago
- › Hello! Im new and I need a recommendation. 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 1 minute ago
- › Amp and DAC me 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW of Zero Audio DUOZA dual dynamic driver IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3