I have a pair of SE530 IEM but I'm looking to get a pair of full size headphones. I love the sound of the 530's but am curious of the difference to full sized. I have around $700 to drop. I'll be using them in an office setting so the only requirement I have is that people around me should not be disturbed; sound doesn't leak out. Any suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) Last post on Today at 7:47 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Sony MDR-EX1000 review with comparisons.ex1 Last post on 11/10/12 at 6:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I really need some expertise Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you throw some recommendations my way? Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Cans that cannot be heard from the outsidepost #1 of 75/4/11 at 8:33pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 75/4/11 at 9:02pmpost #3 of 75/4/11 at 9:25pmpost #4 of 75/5/11 at 9:38amThread Starter
It's pretty quiet in here so I'm not worried about isolation.
I figured closed ear headphones would be the way to go. I forgot to mention though, that I once tried the Denon AH-A100 but I was not impressed by the sound quality (highs seemed to be severly lacking). In addition, you could easily hear what was playing from the outside even at low to moderate volumes. I returned them the next day.
Phos reminded me of another requirement. They should be comfortable for long listening periods; upwards of 6-8 hours per day sometimes for 5 hours straight. As for the SE530's, my canals used to hurt but after 3 years of use, averaging over 30 hr/wk, I'm quite sure I've adapted.post #5 of 75/5/11 at 9:47ampost #6 of 75/5/11 at 9:54amThread Starter
Seriously, almost everything, but here's a scale of genres from most listed to-to least
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 9 seconds ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 1 minute ago
- › Custom Cans cable (1.5m for Sennheiser HD650 HD600 HD25) 1 minute ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 1 minute ago
- › Are beats studios worth $75? 1 minute ago
- › sennheiser HD 558 1 minute ago
- › What's your foobar2000 setup? 2 minutes ago
- › Steelseries Flux In-ear hard to adjust correctly into ear. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob