I have a pair of SE530 IEM but I'm looking to get a pair of full size headphones. I love the sound of the 530's but am curious of the difference to full sized. I have around $700 to drop. I'll be using them in an office setting so the only requirement I have is that people around me should not be disturbed; sound doesn't leak out. Any suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Audio Technica ATH-A900X Last post on 5/13/13 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Sony MDR-EX1000 review with comparisons.ex1 Last post on 11/10/12 at 6:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I really need some expertise Last post on 10/5/11 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you throw some recommendations my way? Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I bought these back in October and have only been able to enjoy them in the last couple of weeks (i.e. from late April 2013 after ordering in October 2012). I can't stress enough how important it...
Based in the reviews I read here I purchased the SR80i last July 2012. I thought they were way to bright, or as someone else said "ice picks" in the ears. I thought perhaps I needed an amp - and...
One channel of my Denon 250 pre-amp/amp set failed several times per listening session. So I bought the SMSL SA-98 in Hong Kong for a mere € 98,99 including transport. The trip from Hong Kong to...
Introduction First, I’d like to thank the folks at HiSoundAudio for sending me a sample of the Wooduo 2 in ear monitors for review. HiSoundAudio is a Chinese based headphone and earphone...
I ordered these when my Astrotec AM-90s finally bit the bullet. Liking them so far, however the Left side is cutting out possibly due to a short on the plug. Messaged HiFiMan and hope I get...
Cans that cannot be heard from the outsidepost #1 of 75/4/11 at 8:33pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 75/4/11 at 9:02pmpost #3 of 75/4/11 at 9:25pmpost #4 of 75/5/11 at 9:38amThread Starter
It's pretty quiet in here so I'm not worried about isolation.
I figured closed ear headphones would be the way to go. I forgot to mention though, that I once tried the Denon AH-A100 but I was not impressed by the sound quality (highs seemed to be severly lacking). In addition, you could easily hear what was playing from the outside even at low to moderate volumes. I returned them the next day.
Phos reminded me of another requirement. They should be comfortable for long listening periods; upwards of 6-8 hours per day sometimes for 5 hours straight. As for the SE530's, my canals used to hurt but after 3 years of use, averaging over 30 hr/wk, I'm quite sure I've adapted.post #5 of 75/5/11 at 9:47ampost #6 of 75/5/11 at 9:54amThread Starter
Seriously, almost everything, but here's a scale of genres from most listed to-to least
- Cans that cannot be heard from the outside
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 35 seconds ago
- › **24/192 coming on your smartphone** 37 seconds ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 45 seconds ago
- › SRH840 impression 53 seconds ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Two Germans for HD800? 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Texas Instruments Aureus/Pioneer VSX 522 k 4 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Is there a headphone with the same sound as the Shure SRH-840, only... 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by lepermessiah
- › FiiO E09K by Bonavon Vovo
- › Aurisonics ASG-1 Rev 1.3 by kyuuketsuki
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by sunnyape
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by dan.gheorghe
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe