i don't know if it's a placebo effect but i find my ipod touch puts out the best sound quality of all my devices. my shure srh840 sounds best amped out of my ipod touch.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
My official shure srh840 impressions after 2 months (includes pictures) - Page 4post #46 of 646/17/11 at 9:20pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 646/17/11 at 9:32pm
I'm sorry but I just completely disagree with what you said about durability and sibilance. The SRH840's are built like a tank compared to most headphones, and they're pretty smooth if you use good quality source files.post #48 of 646/17/11 at 10:15pmThread StarterQuote:
yes i do agree with you. after owning them for 4 months i have come to the conclusion that they are not very sibilant unless the track is recorded poorly and are smooth if you give it a proper source. durability wise i think they are pretty good and i can't see them breaking without serious abuse but the fact they are made of plastic worries me a little. i think they are fantastic for the price however and shures warranty is top notch apparently.post #49 of 646/18/11 at 2:03ampost #50 of 646/18/11 at 11:09amThread StarterQuote:
do you mean that in a good or a bad way?
Edited by bcasey25raptor - 6/18/11 at 12:23pmpost #51 of 646/18/11 at 12:23pmThread StarterQuote:
thats why i bought them.post #52 of 646/19/11 at 4:34pm
Neither, they're just absolute opposites, in other words a good choice. Although I guess those aren't typical shouty Grados, so they won't offer a full on assault on the sensespost #53 of 646/19/11 at 8:40pmThread StarterQuote:
i look forward to trying out my alessandro ms1. also when my fiio e7 comes i will add onto the review what they sound like out of a fiio e7. keep on eye out for this review.post #54 of 646/21/11 at 5:03pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Rawrbington
ive had a pair for about a year now. The only thing i really disagree with is the part about them being revealing. To my ears they do more for making anything sound good, as apposed to my beyers, which points a big noisy sign right at any sound/recording flaw.
but i remember noticing that it went away with the addition of a gooddecent dac.
i live the review.
and yes, they take to power very nicely.
then my pair is broken because when i have a bad recording i hear it. and low bitrates are even worse.post #55 of 646/24/11 at 1:39pmThread Starter
update i received my fiio e7 today. for the most part the harshness has disappeared. money well spent. i will post again after a more thorough listen.post #56 of 646/24/11 at 3:39pm
Did you get a LOD for your iPod as well Casey? I find that using the line-out rather than the headphone-out also makes quite a difference. It pairs nicely with the SRH840 doesn't it :)post #57 of 646/24/11 at 6:10pmThread StarterQuote:
yes i have a fiio l3 for my ipod. it does much better then before. but now my ipod looks like a bomb.post #58 of 646/24/11 at 8:26pmThread StarterQuote:
update: actually it doesn't change the sound at all other then remove static. the fiio e7 isn't worth the $100 i spent on it.post #59 of 646/24/11 at 9:08pmQuote:
It's not supposed to "change the sound" - and removing the static is exactly the idea. It's strength is as as a (reasonably) transparent DAC to give you a cleaner signal.post #60 of 646/24/11 at 9:09pmThread StarterQuote:
i was under the impression it would improve sound quality over onboard but i feel the opposite has occurred.
if it's job was only to remove static then an amplifier fed through i lod would do the trick.
- My official shure srh840 impressions after 2 months (includes pictures)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 7 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › Auralic Taurus MK2, Sennheiser HDVA600 or Burson Conductor? 8 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 10 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 11 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 12 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 minutes ago
- › More Fiio X3 64GB MicroSD Issues! 19 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 20 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)