Dig it, Jude!
- brandALO Audiotagged by System, 5/3/11
- brandAudezetagged by System, 5/3/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/3/11
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 5/3/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 5/3/11
- brandCypher Labstagged by System, 5/3/11
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 5/3/11
- brandHRTtagged by System, 5/3/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 5/3/11
- productMoon Audio Silver Dragon V2 Headphone Cabletagged by System, 5/3/11More
- brandPractical Devicestagged by System, 5/3/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 5/3/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 5/3/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 5/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 5/3/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 5/3/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 5/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo: A Game Changer - Head-Fi TV, Episode 003 Last post on 4/6/13 at 4:36am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 8/4/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD25-1 ii Amperior vs Beyerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/6/13 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 12/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Q&A (questions and answers) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 005 - Page 2post #16 of 685/3/11 at 8:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 685/3/11 at 8:51pmpost #18 of 685/3/11 at 9:01pmpost #19 of 685/3/11 at 10:49pm
Checking on their site, looks like the case. colouring alone normally costs about 2-300 dollars.post #20 of 685/3/11 at 11:30pm
In that case, I hope it's full of chocolate.
Again, still very much digging the episodes. Considering the Q&A format of this episode, I figure a question is appropriate: will you consider pitching Head-Fi TV to a webTV company (like Revision3) in the future? I figure it may provide additional revenue and awareness.post #21 of 685/4/11 at 4:08ampost #22 of 685/4/11 at 9:12ampost #23 of 685/4/11 at 11:17amQuote:
Maybe i'm ignorant in suggesting this, but iTunes? Jude mentioned he would start streaming episodes through it soon, so maybe he can add older ones too. I'm sorry, I don't know what's Chinas view of iTunes and how easy it would be to access it, but I hope it works.post #24 of 685/4/11 at 11:20am
Your best work so far Jude, the camera loves you =)
I loved the idea of Head-Fi 101, it will be great for people trying to get info that isn't in the Wiki or just not explicit enough around posts. Really a good thing that shows this forum isn't dedicated to audio veterans.
I was just kind of amazed at seeing those Beats Pro in your desk, with the logo clearly facing the lense. They aren't exactly regarded as good and are probably knwon to be one the worst quality-price ratios ever, so I started wondering what got you to chose that particular line of headphones to be there.post #25 of 685/4/11 at 1:18pmpost #26 of 685/4/11 at 2:08pmpost #27 of 685/4/11 at 3:40pm
You responded to my comment and yet you ignored my question.
Does the aftermarket ALO cable running from the iPod to the Solo's USB affect the sound quality vs the stock iPod to USB cable or not?post #28 of 685/4/11 at 5:11pmpost #29 of 685/4/11 at 5:25pmQuote:
Itunes would work fine, as long as you have it set to the US. Anything like blogs don't work really well. Anything remotely related to Tibet or Taiwan gets censored (yea, even if Jude says "This product is made in Taiwan", it might get blocked.) but it's not that serious.post #30 of 685/4/11 at 7:07pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks, Frankie K! (And to everyone else who left nice comments!)Quote:
Yeah, apparently I have great difficulty stringing three W's together in a row.
Though I can't yet say exactly when, I think it'll be quite soon.Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by JIGF
I think the recent Fostex HP-P1 can be considered a competitor for the Algorithm Solo
Edit: Another congratulations, the Head-Fi TV production is expanding with each new episode.
You must have missed the annotation I added to the video at 5:20 of the video (in the bottom-right corner of the video). I didn't realize the Fostex was actually available until just after we finished the video.Quote:
Yes, it'll be covered in a future episode (along with a few other headphones in that episode).
I'm sorry I haven't checked yet. From what others are posting, it does seem like the white HD25 may not be readily available via Sennheiser and/or Colorware at this time. If I find out anything different, I'll let you know. Based on what I did see at Colorware (with other custom-colored products they offer), it appears that, if this is (or does become) available, that it might be rather expensive to have done.
I wish I had definitively better news on this, guys. Again, if I find out anything else, I'll post it. (And if anybody else finds out anything else first, please post it.)
That's very nice of you to suggest this, Landis--thanks for the vote of confidence. I think, though, that we're a long way from qualifying for Revision3. I think the hosts--not to mention the production value--of their shows are well ahead of where we are right now. We'll keep working to improve what we're doing, though.Quote:
loremipsum, I have so far only used the ALO cable, so I can't yet answer your question. If I do a comparison, I'll let you know what I think.
Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by crayonhead
Itunes would work fine, as long as you have it set to the US. Anything like blogs don't work really well. Anything remotely related to Tibet or Taiwan gets censored (yea, even if Jude says "This product is made in Taiwan", it might get blocked.) but it's not that serious.
crayonhead, hopefully when we get these episodes on iTunes you'll be able to see them.
- Q&A (questions and answers) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 005
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Music Game IX 8 seconds ago
- › The RMAA (RightMark Audio Analyzer) Source and Audio Device... 34 seconds ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 54 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › HD650 or HD800S? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...