I thought the HE500 would have more bass and more warmth than the T1?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on Yesterday at 7:26 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) Last post on 3/8/13 at 3:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More! - Page 5post #61 of 14010/15/11 at 8:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 14010/16/11 at 2:09pmpost #63 of 14010/16/11 at 2:32pmThread StarterQuote:
I feel the HE500 has great bass. Very deep, very articulate and very extended. It's tight and never gives any hint of flabbiness and is one of only three headphones that can play my bass test track well without smearing the rest of the sound.
I found it had more than enough oomph. When I had it for testing it passed all of my bass tests with flying colors. The other samples I have heard were no different, indicating to me that the quality control in the sound department is good. I wish I could have tested it with the new pleather pads as those pads give a great seal.
post #64 of 14010/19/11 at 3:09pm
Picked up a pair of the 500's at RMAF just as they were packing up to leave on sunday.
I am glad I escaped out of the room I was working to go back down and listen one last time when I did.
So far I am really liking these and I thought for sure after hearing the LCD-2's last year at the show I would have a pair of those but so far am very glad I picked these up.post #65 of 14011/10/11 at 4:34pm
LFF, Thank you for the great review of the HE-500.
Can you recommend an amp to pair with the HE-500, the Schiit Lyr? Would like to keep to an amp budget of below $500.
Thankspost #66 of 1407/17/12 at 10:45ampost #67 of 1407/17/12 at 12:57pmThread StarterQuote:
I like using my HE-500 out of my CTH. It sounds very good and realistic and it should run way under $500 to get one.post #68 of 1407/17/12 at 12:58pmThread StarterQuote:
HE-500 is better in every single aspect IMHO.post #69 of 1407/17/12 at 1:01pmpost #70 of 1407/17/12 at 1:11pmQuote:
And what would the other two be? Does one start with a P?post #71 of 1407/17/12 at 1:19pmQuote:Unfortunately I have to agree. Today I just noticed that my HE-500 started to rust. My HE-4 has rusty screws so I cant even replace them while the HE-500 is rusting on all metallic parts. I am very sad as they are my favourite headphones and I thought I would settle down with them as my final cans. I cleaned some rust away but the colour was removed with it so the grey-silver paint is now golden-brown on some areas.Originally Posted by Frank I
The reason i chose to re-purchase the T1 over the HE500 was build quality. The HE500 finish is lacking and the pads were poorly designed. but I know Fang addressed the pad issue. I used an HE6 cable. The 6 was much better The T1 has more focus IMO and nmore definition in its soundstage. I have no regrets. I do not miss having the planar and had them all and the two I started with the T1 and D7000 are the only headp[hones I have owned twice.post #72 of 1407/17/12 at 1:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by .Sup
Unfortunately I have to agree. Today I just noticed that my HE-500 started to rust. My HE-4 has rusty screws so I cant even replace them while the HE-500 is rusting on all metallic parts. I am very sad as they are my favourite headphones and I thought I would settle down with them as my final cans. I cleaned some rust away but the colour was removed with it so the grey-silver paint is now golden-brown on some areas.
Pardon for asking, but how did they rust? Are you referring to the earcups?
Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that.post #73 of 1407/17/12 at 2:04pmpost #74 of 1407/17/12 at 2:57pmThread Starter
One of the two is the Senn HD650.post #75 of 1407/17/12 at 2:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by .Sup
I am guessing by the occasionally sweaty hands. The metal rings that hold the cups got rusty. But its really odd, I have so many metallic equipment and nothing got rusted, hell my whole fence is metallic and it has not rusted and its raining every couple days. I am really sad.
AFAIK, from personal experience and from others, their customer service is fantastic. See if they can do anything for you.
FWIW, I know people who have one since they first came out and there is no sign of rust. Really strange...
- REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 13 seconds ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 37 seconds ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 43 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Background noise!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)