I thought the HE500 would have more bass and more warmth than the T1?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) Last post on 3/8/13 at 3:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More! - Page 5post #61 of 14010/15/11 at 8:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 14010/16/11 at 2:09pmpost #63 of 14010/16/11 at 2:32pmThread StarterQuote:
I feel the HE500 has great bass. Very deep, very articulate and very extended. It's tight and never gives any hint of flabbiness and is one of only three headphones that can play my bass test track well without smearing the rest of the sound.
I found it had more than enough oomph. When I had it for testing it passed all of my bass tests with flying colors. The other samples I have heard were no different, indicating to me that the quality control in the sound department is good. I wish I could have tested it with the new pleather pads as those pads give a great seal.
post #64 of 14010/19/11 at 3:09pm
Picked up a pair of the 500's at RMAF just as they were packing up to leave on sunday.
I am glad I escaped out of the room I was working to go back down and listen one last time when I did.
So far I am really liking these and I thought for sure after hearing the LCD-2's last year at the show I would have a pair of those but so far am very glad I picked these up.post #65 of 14011/10/11 at 4:34pm
LFF, Thank you for the great review of the HE-500.
Can you recommend an amp to pair with the HE-500, the Schiit Lyr? Would like to keep to an amp budget of below $500.
Thankspost #66 of 1407/17/12 at 10:45ampost #67 of 1407/17/12 at 12:57pmThread StarterQuote:
I like using my HE-500 out of my CTH. It sounds very good and realistic and it should run way under $500 to get one.post #68 of 1407/17/12 at 12:58pmThread StarterQuote:
HE-500 is better in every single aspect IMHO.post #69 of 1407/17/12 at 1:01pmpost #70 of 1407/17/12 at 1:11pmQuote:
And what would the other two be? Does one start with a P?post #71 of 1407/17/12 at 1:19pmQuote:Unfortunately I have to agree. Today I just noticed that my HE-500 started to rust. My HE-4 has rusty screws so I cant even replace them while the HE-500 is rusting on all metallic parts. I am very sad as they are my favourite headphones and I thought I would settle down with them as my final cans. I cleaned some rust away but the colour was removed with it so the grey-silver paint is now golden-brown on some areas.Originally Posted by Frank I
The reason i chose to re-purchase the T1 over the HE500 was build quality. The HE500 finish is lacking and the pads were poorly designed. but I know Fang addressed the pad issue. I used an HE6 cable. The 6 was much better The T1 has more focus IMO and nmore definition in its soundstage. I have no regrets. I do not miss having the planar and had them all and the two I started with the T1 and D7000 are the only headp[hones I have owned twice.post #72 of 1407/17/12 at 1:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by .Sup
Unfortunately I have to agree. Today I just noticed that my HE-500 started to rust. My HE-4 has rusty screws so I cant even replace them while the HE-500 is rusting on all metallic parts. I am very sad as they are my favourite headphones and I thought I would settle down with them as my final cans. I cleaned some rust away but the colour was removed with it so the grey-silver paint is now golden-brown on some areas.
Pardon for asking, but how did they rust? Are you referring to the earcups?
Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that.post #73 of 1407/17/12 at 2:04pmpost #74 of 1407/17/12 at 2:57pmThread Starter
One of the two is the Senn HD650.post #75 of 1407/17/12 at 2:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by .Sup
I am guessing by the occasionally sweaty hands. The metal rings that hold the cups got rusty. But its really odd, I have so many metallic equipment and nothing got rusted, hell my whole fence is metallic and it has not rusted and its raining every couple days. I am really sad.
AFAIK, from personal experience and from others, their customer service is fantastic. See if they can do anything for you.
FWIW, I know people who have one since they first came out and there is no sign of rust. Really strange...
- REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT1350 CC (Straight Cable) 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 9 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW]: Rhapsodio RD3: Dynamic Driver In-Ear Monitor 9 minutes ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 10 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cable Silver Widow - JH/Westone 2 pin & Oyaide Right-angle... 11 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3