I thought the HE500 would have more bass and more warmth than the T1?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) Last post on 3/8/13 at 3:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More! - Page 5post #61 of 14010/15/11 at 8:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 14010/16/11 at 2:09pmpost #63 of 14010/16/11 at 2:32pmThread StarterQuote:
I feel the HE500 has great bass. Very deep, very articulate and very extended. It's tight and never gives any hint of flabbiness and is one of only three headphones that can play my bass test track well without smearing the rest of the sound.
I found it had more than enough oomph. When I had it for testing it passed all of my bass tests with flying colors. The other samples I have heard were no different, indicating to me that the quality control in the sound department is good. I wish I could have tested it with the new pleather pads as those pads give a great seal.
post #64 of 14010/19/11 at 3:09pm
Picked up a pair of the 500's at RMAF just as they were packing up to leave on sunday.
I am glad I escaped out of the room I was working to go back down and listen one last time when I did.
So far I am really liking these and I thought for sure after hearing the LCD-2's last year at the show I would have a pair of those but so far am very glad I picked these up.post #65 of 14011/10/11 at 4:34pm
LFF, Thank you for the great review of the HE-500.
Can you recommend an amp to pair with the HE-500, the Schiit Lyr? Would like to keep to an amp budget of below $500.
Thankspost #66 of 1407/17/12 at 10:45ampost #67 of 1407/17/12 at 12:57pmThread StarterQuote:
I like using my HE-500 out of my CTH. It sounds very good and realistic and it should run way under $500 to get one.post #68 of 1407/17/12 at 12:58pmThread StarterQuote:
HE-500 is better in every single aspect IMHO.post #69 of 1407/17/12 at 1:01pmpost #70 of 1407/17/12 at 1:11pmQuote:
And what would the other two be? Does one start with a P?post #71 of 1407/17/12 at 1:19pmQuote:Unfortunately I have to agree. Today I just noticed that my HE-500 started to rust. My HE-4 has rusty screws so I cant even replace them while the HE-500 is rusting on all metallic parts. I am very sad as they are my favourite headphones and I thought I would settle down with them as my final cans. I cleaned some rust away but the colour was removed with it so the grey-silver paint is now golden-brown on some areas.Originally Posted by Frank I
The reason i chose to re-purchase the T1 over the HE500 was build quality. The HE500 finish is lacking and the pads were poorly designed. but I know Fang addressed the pad issue. I used an HE6 cable. The 6 was much better The T1 has more focus IMO and nmore definition in its soundstage. I have no regrets. I do not miss having the planar and had them all and the two I started with the T1 and D7000 are the only headp[hones I have owned twice.post #72 of 1407/17/12 at 1:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by .Sup
Unfortunately I have to agree. Today I just noticed that my HE-500 started to rust. My HE-4 has rusty screws so I cant even replace them while the HE-500 is rusting on all metallic parts. I am very sad as they are my favourite headphones and I thought I would settle down with them as my final cans. I cleaned some rust away but the colour was removed with it so the grey-silver paint is now golden-brown on some areas.
Pardon for asking, but how did they rust? Are you referring to the earcups?
Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that.post #73 of 1407/17/12 at 2:04pmpost #74 of 1407/17/12 at 2:57pmThread Starter
One of the two is the Senn HD650.post #75 of 1407/17/12 at 2:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by .Sup
I am guessing by the occasionally sweaty hands. The metal rings that hold the cups got rusty. But its really odd, I have so many metallic equipment and nothing got rusted, hell my whole fence is metallic and it has not rusted and its raining every couple days. I am really sad.
AFAIK, from personal experience and from others, their customer service is fantastic. See if they can do anything for you.
FWIW, I know people who have one since they first came out and there is no sign of rust. Really strange...
- REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Alclair Curve Universal Monitor Review 5 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 28 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › IE800 (30 days old) 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 3 minutes ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 4 minutes ago
- › No love for Sony XB 700? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)