I really hope these synergize well with the EF5, because I don't want to have to waste more money on a Lyr.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) Last post on 3/8/13 at 3:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More! - Page 3post #31 of 1405/8/11 at 1:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1405/8/11 at 2:34pmpost #33 of 1405/8/11 at 5:51pm
From the description, I gues He-500 is much easier to get good sound and focus on mid and low more,
so if you can drive the HE-6 thoroughly, I guess He-6 should be still best. but can you?post #34 of 1405/8/11 at 6:30pmI took the 500s to a poker game last night. These guys play music and have a decent ear for it. Every one was stunned at the clarity and impact they gave. They also said they never expected a headphone to sound as good or better than their systems at home. When I gave them the price, all hell broke loose. How many people would spend that much money on headphones? I've told them that the big brother 6s have sold 25 sets so far on our forums. I'm sure there are more sold that hasn't been listed. When the 500s hit the street, there will be a backorder for them.
Bravo to HiFiMan for such a solid effort to establish a reference on their first foray into the headphone world. I'm stunned at the quality of sound.post #35 of 1405/9/11 at 4:09pm
Just got the HE-500s today and couldn't resist hooking it up to my portable gear shown--iPad/Algorithm Solo/iBasso DB2/RSA SR71B--with the HE-6 stock balanced cable using Whiplash TWag adapters. Really, just a few minutes worth of listening, nothing solid. But...the last time I heard "Gypsy" from Bella Sonus quite like this was from my balanced R10s. I no longer own those, but that's what this brief experience has recalled in me. Very alluring, indeed.
The HE-6 paired to the same gear is much harder to drive and quite different experience even though the headphones external design is very similar. The HE-6 is more detailed with better treble extensions and slightly better instrument separation. But for certain genres and most portable digital sources and solid/state amps out there, I suspect the HE-500 will be a preferred choice, based on its own merits alone, and not the price difference vs. the HE-6.
If only the Ultrasone Edition 10s sounded like these for $2,500, I would still own them. And that just underscores the value statement here. I suspect Head-Direct will not have any problems selling every single pair they can make.post #36 of 1405/10/11 at 5:17pmpost #37 of 1405/11/11 at 7:07ampost #38 of 1405/11/11 at 12:20pmThread Starter
Thanks Tyll! Coming from you...that means a lot!post #39 of 1405/12/11 at 8:33ampost #40 of 1405/12/11 at 8:41ampost #41 of 1405/12/11 at 12:15pm
Ordered mine just now...Hoping it's the last can I buy for a long, long time.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 5/12/11 at 4:18pmpost #42 of 1405/15/11 at 4:16pmpost #43 of 1405/15/11 at 4:53pmpost #44 of 1405/19/11 at 4:10pmpost #45 of 1405/20/11 at 1:27pm
For anyone that wants more pictures. I got mine in today.
- REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 52 seconds ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 1 minute ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)