I really hope these synergize well with the EF5, because I don't want to have to waste more money on a Lyr.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) Last post on 3/8/13 at 3:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are simply the best sounding headphones I have ever owned (and I've owned and sold a lot of them). They are sublimely smooth, yet detailed without the least bit of harshness at all in the...
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More! - Page 3post #31 of 1405/8/11 at 1:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1405/8/11 at 2:34pmpost #33 of 1405/8/11 at 5:51pm
From the description, I gues He-500 is much easier to get good sound and focus on mid and low more,
so if you can drive the HE-6 thoroughly, I guess He-6 should be still best. but can you?post #34 of 1405/8/11 at 6:30pmI took the 500s to a poker game last night. These guys play music and have a decent ear for it. Every one was stunned at the clarity and impact they gave. They also said they never expected a headphone to sound as good or better than their systems at home. When I gave them the price, all hell broke loose. How many people would spend that much money on headphones? I've told them that the big brother 6s have sold 25 sets so far on our forums. I'm sure there are more sold that hasn't been listed. When the 500s hit the street, there will be a backorder for them.
Bravo to HiFiMan for such a solid effort to establish a reference on their first foray into the headphone world. I'm stunned at the quality of sound.post #35 of 1405/9/11 at 4:09pm
Just got the HE-500s today and couldn't resist hooking it up to my portable gear shown--iPad/Algorithm Solo/iBasso DB2/RSA SR71B--with the HE-6 stock balanced cable using Whiplash TWag adapters. Really, just a few minutes worth of listening, nothing solid. But...the last time I heard "Gypsy" from Bella Sonus quite like this was from my balanced R10s. I no longer own those, but that's what this brief experience has recalled in me. Very alluring, indeed.
The HE-6 paired to the same gear is much harder to drive and quite different experience even though the headphones external design is very similar. The HE-6 is more detailed with better treble extensions and slightly better instrument separation. But for certain genres and most portable digital sources and solid/state amps out there, I suspect the HE-500 will be a preferred choice, based on its own merits alone, and not the price difference vs. the HE-6.
If only the Ultrasone Edition 10s sounded like these for $2,500, I would still own them. And that just underscores the value statement here. I suspect Head-Direct will not have any problems selling every single pair they can make.post #36 of 1405/10/11 at 5:17pmpost #37 of 1405/11/11 at 7:07ampost #38 of 1405/11/11 at 12:20pmThread Starter
Thanks Tyll! Coming from you...that means a lot!post #39 of 1405/12/11 at 8:33ampost #40 of 1405/12/11 at 8:41ampost #41 of 1405/12/11 at 12:15pm
Ordered mine just now...Hoping it's the last can I buy for a long, long time.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 5/12/11 at 4:18pmpost #42 of 1405/15/11 at 4:16pmpost #43 of 1405/15/11 at 4:53pmpost #44 of 1405/19/11 at 4:10pmpost #45 of 1405/20/11 at 1:27pm
For anyone that wants more pictures. I got mine in today.
- REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 10 seconds ago
- › Need help choosing DAC 18 seconds ago
- › Using a SMSL M8 DAC with a Objective 2 amp 34 seconds ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 56 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC release E50S and E80S In-Ear Reference Series 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3