I really hope these synergize well with the EF5, because I don't want to have to waste more money on a Lyr.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) Last post on 3/8/13 at 3:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
I am really disappointed with these cans. I have a Koss Porta Pro and I was waiting at least a closer quality compared to this. My AKG K420 sounds much better, with much more detail. These cans are...
REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More! - Page 3post #31 of 1405/8/11 at 1:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1405/8/11 at 2:34pmpost #33 of 1405/8/11 at 5:51pm
From the description, I gues He-500 is much easier to get good sound and focus on mid and low more,
so if you can drive the HE-6 thoroughly, I guess He-6 should be still best. but can you?post #34 of 1405/8/11 at 6:30pmI took the 500s to a poker game last night. These guys play music and have a decent ear for it. Every one was stunned at the clarity and impact they gave. They also said they never expected a headphone to sound as good or better than their systems at home. When I gave them the price, all hell broke loose. How many people would spend that much money on headphones? I've told them that the big brother 6s have sold 25 sets so far on our forums. I'm sure there are more sold that hasn't been listed. When the 500s hit the street, there will be a backorder for them.
Bravo to HiFiMan for such a solid effort to establish a reference on their first foray into the headphone world. I'm stunned at the quality of sound.post #35 of 1405/9/11 at 4:09pm
Just got the HE-500s today and couldn't resist hooking it up to my portable gear shown--iPad/Algorithm Solo/iBasso DB2/RSA SR71B--with the HE-6 stock balanced cable using Whiplash TWag adapters. Really, just a few minutes worth of listening, nothing solid. But...the last time I heard "Gypsy" from Bella Sonus quite like this was from my balanced R10s. I no longer own those, but that's what this brief experience has recalled in me. Very alluring, indeed.
The HE-6 paired to the same gear is much harder to drive and quite different experience even though the headphones external design is very similar. The HE-6 is more detailed with better treble extensions and slightly better instrument separation. But for certain genres and most portable digital sources and solid/state amps out there, I suspect the HE-500 will be a preferred choice, based on its own merits alone, and not the price difference vs. the HE-6.
If only the Ultrasone Edition 10s sounded like these for $2,500, I would still own them. And that just underscores the value statement here. I suspect Head-Direct will not have any problems selling every single pair they can make.post #36 of 1405/10/11 at 5:17pmpost #37 of 1405/11/11 at 7:07ampost #38 of 1405/11/11 at 12:20pmThread Starter
Thanks Tyll! Coming from you...that means a lot!post #39 of 1405/12/11 at 8:33ampost #40 of 1405/12/11 at 8:41ampost #41 of 1405/12/11 at 12:15pm
Ordered mine just now...Hoping it's the last can I buy for a long, long time.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 5/12/11 at 4:18pmpost #42 of 1405/15/11 at 4:16pmpost #43 of 1405/15/11 at 4:53pmpost #44 of 1405/19/11 at 4:10pmpost #45 of 1405/20/11 at 1:27pm
For anyone that wants more pictures. I got mine in today.
- REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › AMP/DAC recommendations for HD6XX (HD650) for PC use 4 minutes ago
- › I failed to simulate the ER4XR by my ER4P 4 minutes ago
- › Need help picking IEM's ~$70 CAD 5 minutes ago
- › Setting up a Schiit stack with my computer / headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear