I really hope these synergize well with the EF5, because I don't want to have to waste more money on a Lyr.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 10/21/14 at 7:26pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Cable(ALO) recommendation for Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 10/2/11 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) Last post on 3/8/13 at 3:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More! - Page 3post #31 of 1405/8/11 at 1:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1405/8/11 at 2:34pmpost #33 of 1405/8/11 at 5:51pm
From the description, I gues He-500 is much easier to get good sound and focus on mid and low more,
so if you can drive the HE-6 thoroughly, I guess He-6 should be still best. but can you?post #34 of 1405/8/11 at 6:30pmI took the 500s to a poker game last night. These guys play music and have a decent ear for it. Every one was stunned at the clarity and impact they gave. They also said they never expected a headphone to sound as good or better than their systems at home. When I gave them the price, all hell broke loose. How many people would spend that much money on headphones? I've told them that the big brother 6s have sold 25 sets so far on our forums. I'm sure there are more sold that hasn't been listed. When the 500s hit the street, there will be a backorder for them.
Bravo to HiFiMan for such a solid effort to establish a reference on their first foray into the headphone world. I'm stunned at the quality of sound.post #35 of 1405/9/11 at 4:09pm
Just got the HE-500s today and couldn't resist hooking it up to my portable gear shown--iPad/Algorithm Solo/iBasso DB2/RSA SR71B--with the HE-6 stock balanced cable using Whiplash TWag adapters. Really, just a few minutes worth of listening, nothing solid. But...the last time I heard "Gypsy" from Bella Sonus quite like this was from my balanced R10s. I no longer own those, but that's what this brief experience has recalled in me. Very alluring, indeed.
The HE-6 paired to the same gear is much harder to drive and quite different experience even though the headphones external design is very similar. The HE-6 is more detailed with better treble extensions and slightly better instrument separation. But for certain genres and most portable digital sources and solid/state amps out there, I suspect the HE-500 will be a preferred choice, based on its own merits alone, and not the price difference vs. the HE-6.
If only the Ultrasone Edition 10s sounded like these for $2,500, I would still own them. And that just underscores the value statement here. I suspect Head-Direct will not have any problems selling every single pair they can make.post #36 of 1405/10/11 at 5:17pmpost #37 of 1405/11/11 at 7:07ampost #38 of 1405/11/11 at 12:20pmThread Starter
Thanks Tyll! Coming from you...that means a lot!post #39 of 1405/12/11 at 8:33ampost #40 of 1405/12/11 at 8:41ampost #41 of 1405/12/11 at 12:15pm
Ordered mine just now...Hoping it's the last can I buy for a long, long time.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 5/12/11 at 4:18pmpost #42 of 1405/15/11 at 4:16pmpost #43 of 1405/15/11 at 4:53pmpost #44 of 1405/19/11 at 4:10pmpost #45 of 1405/20/11 at 1:27pm
For anyone that wants more pictures. I got mine in today.
- REVIEW: HiFiMan HE-500 Orthodynamic Headphones....Less Is More!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › A (researched) question about Realtek 1150 vs. sound card 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread 1 minute ago
- › Audioquest Big Sur .6M (2 Ft.) RCA Interconnect PRICE REDUCED 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Best portable music player (for classical music) 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)