New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics sm3 V2 - Page 63

post #931 of 1150

I've owned these headphones for half a year and still don't know how to remove the cable. Am I alone?

post #932 of 1150
Are you sure yours are v2? v1 does not have a removable cable. With v2s you should just be able to pull it right out. Just be careful smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando323 View Post

I've owned these headphones for half a year and still don't know how to remove the cable. Am I alone?
post #933 of 1150

Yeah, i emailed them and they told me to send them the earphones. Just did that. Thanks!

post #934 of 1150

Hah, I guess I just never pulled hard enough.

post #935 of 1150

hi, sm3 lovers, can you recommend any custom cables for sm3???

post #936 of 1150

Twag V2.

 

Improves soundstage and detail

post #937 of 1150

$325 cable for a $360 IEM...

 

That's mid-level customs territory. SM3s are nice, but not that nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy6 View Post

Twag V2.

 

Improves soundstage and detail

post #938 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

$325 cable for a $360 IEM...

 

That's mid-level customs territory. SM3s are nice, but not that nice.

well he didn't specify budget, and for me its a big improvement. 

 

I originally was going to use it with the 16s, but ended up using it with the SM3's. If you can afford it, then its worth it.

Better than spending lots of money on refits, ear impressions, and then selling a custom at a loss.

 

While just paying a small amount of all that loss will get you good sound quality, solidly constructed silver cable, and best of all, the fit of the SM3 universal will beat a customs hands down if you factor in the fit/time/cost issues.

 

You can always sell the cable separately or together and still retain most of its value. Or keep the cable for other iems or customs. 

 

My two cents. 

post #939 of 1150

How would you rate SM3s with that cable, out of 10, vs your stock JH16?

post #940 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

How would you rate SM3s with that cable, out of 10, vs your stock JH16?

Sorry to cut to your conversation but I think it would not be a good comparison for a custom and universal IEM. I think what is best to ask if comparing the stock cable and twag v2 with sm3 alone. Then after that is to compare the stock cable and twag v2 with 16's. 

post #941 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy6 View Post

Twag V2.

Improves soundstage and detail

Wow.

The one thing i don't like about sm3 is small sound stage, but over $300 for cable is much more than i thought. Anyway, upgrading that cable is different world?? And, compare to TF10pro's soundstage, how is it??

And bass improve, too??

And any recommended cable around $100????
post #942 of 1150

If he doesn't feel like he can make that comparison fairly, that's one thing, but I for one feel plenty comfortable comparing levels of detail, sound signatures, relative tonal emphases, and other sonic qualities of IEMs and even full-size headphones, so maybe it's more of a personal thing. There are some things like soundstage size, note thickness, and power that play in different leagues just by virtue of the nature of the medium, but I don't feel it's by any means unreasonable to compare universals to customs; |joker| does it frequently in his reviews, so I give little weight to the idea that it's an inherently flawed thing to do.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman26 View Post

Sorry to cut to your conversation but I think it would not be a good comparison for a custom and universal IEM. I think what is best to ask if comparing the stock cable and twag v2 with sm3 alone. Then after that is to compare the stock cable and twag v2 with 16's. 

post #943 of 1150

Someone recommended this cable while back in the thread... i don't know if the op was happy with the performance. I've been debating if I should get it.. 

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221121937019?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

 

 

The Twag V2. look great. What is the best place to order from if I decide to go crazy ? :) 


Edited by go0gle - 9/12/12 at 9:03pm
post #944 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

If he doesn't feel like he can make that comparison fairly, that's one thing, but I for one feel plenty comfortable comparing levels of detail, sound signatures, relative tonal emphases, and other sonic qualities of IEMs and even full-size headphones, so maybe it's more of a personal thing. There are some things like soundstage size, note thickness, and power that play in different leagues just by virtue of the nature of the medium, but I don't feel it's by any means unreasonable to compare universals to customs; |joker| does it frequently in his reviews, so I give little weight to the idea that it's an inherently flawed thing to do.

 

 

Well the JH16 sound is a bit analytical, with a wide soundstage, but only left to right. 

Coming from the SM3, it sound a bit flat, as the SM3 has more of a 3D sound, like you're on stage in the middle with the band around you. 

 

If I use the twags with the 16, the soundstage opens up and sounds more 3D, with more accurate instrument placements and singer positions. Detail on the 16's is quiet good, so it doesn't do much there. It opens the soundstage and makes things the sound more enjoyable. I won't give it a rating cos technically it is good, but its just a matter of preference.

 

I prefer the warmer natural sound of the SM3, as opposed to the super detailed yet a bit cold and unemotional sounding 16s. 

 

For the sm3's, as the twag improves soundstage, obviously there is more space. The sm3 isn't the best of detail retrieval cos of the warm signature, so the twag helps pick up detail. 

 

So yes. Definitely worth getting in my opinion. 

post #945 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by go0gle View Post

Someone recommended this cable while back in the thread... i don't know if the op was happy with the performance. I've been debating if I should get it.. 

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221121937019?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

 

 

The Twag V2. look great. What is the best place to order from if I decide to go crazy ? :) 

 

I think you can only get it from whiplash cable's website. 

Otherwise the for sale forums for cables generally fetch a better price.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: