New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics sm3 V2 - Page 43

post #631 of 1148
Hey all, first post here.

Been lurking for a few weeks due to wanting some new phones, prior to this I have been into relatively mainstream audio equipment and these will represent my highest end purchase to date, I have already:

Sennheiser IE-6 iem's (for portables)
Sennheiser HD 595's (for my pc)
B&W P5's (for laying in bed on my iPad generally)

With my previous IEM's I had some really crummy experiences with comfort due to the tips provided as I have a quite delicate ear canal, a few weeks ago I picked up some Comply tips and realised how much I liked the IEM sound when I could wear them without my ears hurting after 30 seconds so I've been doing some research and have decided on the SM3 V2's mainly due to the posters on here to be honest, I've already added some Shure olive tips to my amazon wishlist if need be.

I ordered these on monday from the offical Earsonic site and kept checking throughout Tuesday while I was at work and it went from "Pending" to "Delivered" I raced home thinking UPS might have left these with a neighbour but when I got in there was no sign anyone had been at all, I'm hoping it's just an error and they're going to come today, I wasn't really expecting next day delivery anyway as I'm in London and I ordered midday on Monday, very excited though, cannot wait to hear these.

I recently picked up a Fiio E7 and L3 for my iPod Classic 160, will this now be completely unneccessary or will it improve things even a little, if not I can just leave it on my PC as the on-board soundcard is bloody horrible.

Thanks for the help choosing these, I cannot wait to recieve them smily_headphones1.gif

*edit* I have read this thread from page 1 over the last few days biggrin.gif
Edited by Devlin - 7/26/11 at 9:39pm
post #632 of 1148

Hi guys,

 

What kind of sockets does the SM3v2 have?

If i ever want to by a new cable that is not made by EarSonics... :P

post #633 of 1148

So I tried the ie8 for couple of days.. never going to happen. Isolation is no where near the SM3v2.. at least for my ears. If I was just listening music while sitting on my couch at home, maybe, but things like gym,cycling,running... no way..they were actually falling out of my ears. The sound is good, not necessarily better than the Sm3v2, but still good. I like them both.. there is more bass for sure, but that doesn't really do anything for me. 

post #634 of 1148

Haha same stuff happened to me.  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by go0gle View Post

So I tried the ie8 for couple of days.. never going to happen. Isolation is no where near the SM3v2.. at least for my ears. If I was just listening music while sitting on my couch at home, maybe, but things like gym,cycling,running... no way..they were actually falling out of my ears. The sound is good, not necessarily better than the Sm3v2, but still good. I like them both.. there is more bass for sure, but that doesn't really do anything for me. 



 

post #635 of 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin View Post

Hey all, first post here.

Been lurking for a few weeks due to wanting some new phones, prior to this I have been into relatively mainstream audio equipment and these will represent my highest end purchase to date, I have already:

Sennheiser IE-6 iem's (for portables)
Sennheiser HD 595's (for my pc)
B&W P5's (for laying in bed on my iPad generally)

With my previous IEM's I had some really crummy experiences with comfort due to the tips provided as I have a quite delicate ear canal, a few weeks ago I picked up some Comply tips and realised how much I liked the IEM sound when I could wear them without my ears hurting after 30 seconds so I've been doing some research and have decided on the SM3 V2's mainly due to the posters on here to be honest, I've already added some Shure olive tips to my amazon wishlist if need be.

I ordered these on monday from the offical Earsonic site and kept checking throughout Tuesday while I was at work and it went from "Pending" to "Delivered" I raced home thinking UPS might have left these with a neighbour but when I got in there was no sign anyone had been at all, I'm hoping it's just an error and they're going to come today, I wasn't really expecting next day delivery anyway as I'm in London and I ordered midday on Monday, very excited though, cannot wait to hear these.

I recently picked up a Fiio E7 and L3 for my iPod Classic 160, will this now be completely unneccessary or will it improve things even a little, if not I can just leave it on my PC as the on-board soundcard is bloody horrible.

Thanks for the help choosing these, I cannot wait to recieve them smily_headphones1.gif

*edit* I have read this thread from page 1 over the last few days biggrin.gif


Welcome , Devlin. Glad to see you're enjoying those Sm3s. As for the Fiio amp and LOD, it wont hurt the Sm3s, thats for sure. Although I dont use the specific combination you're going to use so I cant say how or to what extent it will improve it. But just dont get expect huge improvements. The SM3 is  pretty fine running of the HP out as it is.

 

post #636 of 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonasklam View Post

Hi guys,

 

What kind of sockets does the SM3v2 have?

If i ever want to by a new cable that is not made by EarSonics... :P


X2 Question has been asked a few times, 

 

post #637 of 1148
Originally Posted by Heret1c View Post




Welcome , Devlin. Glad to see you're enjoying those Sm3s. As for the Fiio amp and LOD, it wont hurt the Sm3s, thats for sure. Although I dont use the specific combination you're going to use so I cant say how or to what extent it will improve it. But just dont get expect huge improvements. The SM3 is  pretty fine running of the HP out as it is.

 


I actually think it will hurt, the SM3s will sound better straight out of the classic than with the E7

 

post #638 of 1148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonasklam View Post

Hi guys,

 

What kind of sockets does the SM3v2 have?

If i ever want to by a new cable that is not made by EarSonics... :P


Originally Posted by Freefallr4545 View Post


X2 Question has been asked a few times, 

 


Yep, well anybody know what cable??

 

post #639 of 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post


I actually think it will hurt, the SM3s will sound better straight out of the classic than with the E7

 

Really? Well i was just assuming as I've never tried the E7. I know the Sm3 does sound better with the Arrow than straight out of my 3Gs.
 

 

post #640 of 1148

Take it back, the E7 should do fine, I was thinking of another Fiio model. I don't think it will be a big improvement but it's solid. 


Edited by Inks - 7/28/11 at 8:12pm
post #641 of 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Take it back, the E7 should do fine, I was thinking of another Fiio model. I don't think it will be a big improvement but it's solid. 



+1

post #642 of 1148

confused_face_2.gif  if anyone here owns/listened to both Shure SE535 and Earsonic SM3 V2 - how do they compare, particularly bass-wise ?

 

i have SE535, enjoy them overall, but sometimes wish the bass was stronger, more impactful.. 

 

post #643 of 1148

I'd highly recommend considering the Zo amp my friend. Search and you'll find plenty about it. IMO, it's a much better alternative to considering different earphones altogether. smile.gif

post #644 of 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekadent View Post

confused_face_2.gif  if anyone here owns/listened to both Shure SE535 and Earsonic SM3 V2 - how do they compare, particularly bass-wise ?

 

i have SE535, enjoy them overall, but sometimes wish the bass was stronger, more impactful.. 

 

Only listened to the 535s for a while but if theyre anything like the 530s, then the Sm3s have got them beat in the bass department. But not by disgustingly huge margin, of course. The Sm3s bass has more impact, body, quality than the 530, IMO.
 

 

post #645 of 1148

Been listening to these nearly every opportunity I can get and they're just sounding better and better all the time, I received my Shure olive tips on Friday and they're nice but I'm now considering these:

 

http://www.earplugs.co.uk/Earplugs-by-use/Custom-Fit-Earplugs/ProGuard-Custom-Eartips-for-Earphones/p-453-420-1362/

 

Their HQ is literally a 5 minute drive from my house so the temptation is enormous, plus the way I see it is I already paid out a hefty amount for the IEM's so why not just go the whole hog and get custom tips for them as well.

 

I'm always going to have the sensitive ear problem would these alleviate that at all and how long from anyone's experience with this type of custom would they last?

 

Buying new sleeves all the time would be pricey anyway.

 

The whole is headphone burn in vs brain burn in debate is so hard to judge with this type of purchase, they already sound miles better than when they first arrived, I've always been a staunch believer in burn in, MY P5's sounded crap out of the box, I was really disappointed with them but after weeks of use I started to appreciate them a lot more, the impact these phones have had is a lot higher.

 

Have decided on further use that the E7 does indeed improve sound quality, it's a bit bulkier a package for it but worth it imo.


Edited by Devlin - 8/1/11 at 8:51pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: