New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics sm3 V2 - Page 12

post #166 of 1150

They aren't doing ANY free upgrades to V2 REGARDLESS of when you bought your V1s. I emailed them and they said its a €60 fee as per previous posts. Only those with warranty claims or the 2 month limit can do this. Outside of the 2 conditions, you cannot upgrade to V2 for the €60 fee (which covers reshell and cable).

 

I think once the first users start receiving their V2s, the important bits to focus on will be the fit and the comfort of the new enclosure as the electronics stay the same.

post #167 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by illquid View Post

They aren't doing ANY free upgrades to V2 REGARDLESS of when you bought your V1s. I emailed them and they said its a €60 fee as per previous posts. Only those with warranty claims or the 2 month limit can do this. Outside of the 2 conditions, you cannot upgrade to V2 for the €60 fee (which covers reshell and cable).

 

I think once the first users start receiving their V2s, the important bits to focus on will be the fit and the comfort of the new enclosure as the electronics stay the same.

 

I emailed them yesterday its not 60€ neither :(

To have your phones upgrade you´ll have to buy a new cable for 45€ + 77€ Maintenance offers so total price for the uppgrade = 117€ excluding shippings costs

Madness if you ask me :/

 

post #168 of 1150

I don't know, their english can be quite poor at times. The email I only received yesterday said 60 for reshell + cable, but it could mean I pay 60 for the reshell and seperately pay for the cable, I just don't know.

 

My SM3s are even unopened, so on their website it retails for €290, another 60 would bring it to 350, which is the same price as the v2s, which is why it made some sense to me. What we really need is a side by side comparison, from someone who has both. Like Mike from soundearphones, who is the US official retailer and also a sponsored retailer on head-fi. As all I want to see if V2 is less bulky and better made than V1 as the sound should be more or less the same.

post #169 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by illquid View Post

I don't know, their english can be quite poor at times. The email I only received yesterday said 60 for reshell + cable, but it could mean I pay 60 for the reshell and seperately pay for the cable, I just don't know.

 

My SM3s are even unopened, so on their website it retails for €290, another 60 would bring it to 350, which is the same price as the v2s, which is why it made some sense to me. What we really need is a side by side comparison, from someone who has both. Like Mike from soundearphones, who is the US official retailer and also a sponsored retailer on head-fi. As all I want to see if V2 is less bulky and better made than V1 as the sound should be more or less the same.

They told me 60€ too but Just ask them how to make the payment and you´ll see :/
 

 


Edited by nickie - 5/10/11 at 7:45am
post #170 of 1150

right now the homepage shows colour options: sm3 v2: black only; sm2 V2: clear only

post #171 of 1150

You buy the cable and then in Upgrades and Modifications at the left menu you also buy the Maintenance and Modification Offer.

post #172 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geruvah View Post

You buy the cable and then in Upgrades and Modifications at the left menu you also buy the Maintenance and Modification Offer.



And the total price will be ?

post #173 of 1150

135.63EUR including shipping (which you don't have a choice with if you live in the US)

post #174 of 1150

Wow. That's about $200 USD which is absolutely absurd.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geruvah View Post

135.63EUR including shipping (which you don't have a choice with if you live in the US)



 

post #175 of 1150

I don't see a problem. They didn't have to do anything and those with V1s ordered them because they wanted them.

post #176 of 1150

Grrr... what were ppl talking about a free up grade if the sm3 was purchased after February?

post #177 of 1150


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _wednesday View Post

Just got confirmation from Michael of SoundEarphones that there won't be free upgrades to v2 (regardless of when a v1 was purchased). Only a discounted upgrade fee, plus cable.



Ok Never mind I see this post about the upgrade fees.  Thats a bummer but I'll still go for it.  

post #178 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

right now the homepage shows colour options: sm3 v2: black only; sm2 V2: clear only



Im on the ES options of buying the sm3 v2 and the black casing is the only one available.  The clear would be nice but aren't available yet.  

post #179 of 1150

OK final clarification, the €60 fee is just the reshell (this is without tax and is actually €72 inc vat), the cable is then an extra charge on top (€45 inc VAT). All without postage etc...

 

It was the same value for me, even though my SM3s were UNOPENED and I had wanted to do just a straight swap, with an additional fee on top. Sadly, the V2s are not worth more than double the retail difference of the 2 headphones.

post #180 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by illquid View Post

OK final clarification, the €60 fee is just the reshell (this is without tax and is actually €72 inc vat), the cable is then an extra charge on top (€45 inc VAT). All without postage etc...

 

It was the same value for me, even though my SM3s were UNOPENED and I had wanted to do just a straight swap, with an additional fee on top. Sadly, the V2s are not worth more than double the retail difference of the 2 headphones.


For that price I'd get them reshelled in customs instead.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: