New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics sm3 V2 - Page 75

post #1111 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

SM3 would be best sound-wise but they are pretty fragile. Check out the T Peos H200 or another TF10.

Do you think the T Peos H200 would be durable and sound close to the sm3? Because this is the first time that I have heard of the company (I know, I'm a noob). Also, would the sm3 standard cable last longer than the triple fi standard cable that was always breaking because I want to make sure my purchase lasts me a very long time.

post #1112 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomboy2394 View Post

Do you think the T Peos H200 would be durable and sound close to the sm3? Because this is the first time that I have heard of the company (I know, I'm a noob). Also, would the sm3 standard cable last longer than the triple fi standard cable that was always breaking because I want to make sure my purchase lasts me a very long time.

I would check out the ortofon EQ-5. They are touted as being clones of the sm3 but a lot more durable and they look better IMO.

As far as cables go I can't comment on the sm3 but overtime nearly any cable would go and when it does I would go straight to BTG-Audio and have them recabeled with some top of the line wire.
Edited by Illbetheone - 6/25/13 at 8:52pm
post #1113 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illbetheone View Post


I would check out the ortofon EQ-5. They are touted as being clones of the sm3 but a lot more durable and they look better IMO.

As far as cables go I can't comment on the sm3 but overtime nearly any cable would go and when it does I would go straight to BTG-Audio and have them recabeled with some top of the line wire.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am looking in to the EQ-5 and noticed that there is an EQ-7. Would you consider the EQ-7s to sound even better than the sm3

Thank You

post #1114 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomboy2394 View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. I am looking in to the EQ-5 and noticed that there is an EQ-7. Would you consider the EQ-7s to sound even better than the sm3
Thank You

I really don't know. I would try asking in either appreciation thread. I know both are held in high regard.
post #1115 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illbetheone View Post


I really don't know. I would try asking in either appreciation thread. I know both are held in high regard.

Ok thanks that's what I will do thank you for your help!

post #1116 of 1150

^^ No problem, good luck!

 

 

 

As a side note, I am looking for the bi-flange silicon tips that came with the SM3. I took a wanted ad out, let me know if you guys have any you are willing to part with!

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669844/wtb-earsonics-silicon-tips-that-came-with-the-sm3

post #1117 of 1150
Hey guys. Could you recommend me an upgrade cable for sm3 v2? My current cable died. One side of the monitors emits no sound. Budget range like $100ish and I prefer clarity and a little bass but not too faint.
post #1118 of 1150

in that price range you can spend a little more and get  the baldur mk3 or something similar i bought this one ttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IEM-Upgrade-Cable-for-Westone-JH-Audio-UE-Custom-/271144319609?pt=US_Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3f2175fa79  to my sm3v2 and to my fischer amps fa 4e i didn't receive it yet but the reviews are good and only in sound it performs above their price, check the reviews of the effect studio pearl cable its about 65$ plus shipping.

post #1119 of 1150
You guys do realize the SM3 v2 socket pins polarity are in reverse to Westone don't you?

Westones + / - layout is like this.




SM3 v2 are in reverse, so anyone out there running Westone upgrade cable is using their SM3 in reverse phase. I have tested this many times with a multimeter. Try it yourselves, check the positive / negative pins against your stock SM3 cable.
post #1120 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt-bada View Post

in that price range you can spend a little more and get  the baldur mk3 or something similar i bought this one ttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IEM-Upgrade-Cable-for-Westone-JH-Audio-UE-Custom-/271144319609?pt=US_Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3f2175fa79  to my sm3v2 and to my fischer amps fa 4e i didn't receive it yet but the reviews are good and only in sound it performs above their price, check the reviews of the effect studio pearl cable its about 65$ plus shipping.

You didn't receive the cable yet or the amps?

post #1121 of 1150

the cable, i don't know the polarity but i used westone cables with the sm3 v2 and all of them sounded good, better than the stock one

post #1122 of 1150

Sorry, as I'm quite new, how do we know which cables are compatible with the V2s?

post #1123 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterix View Post

Sorry, as I'm quite new, how do we know which cables are compatible with the V2s?

Basically, you can use any Westone cable that doesn't have pre-moulded ear hoops, because you can flick the plugs around. Any Westone cable with pre-moulded ear guides prevents you being able to switch the polarity the right way. Still you should be checking with a multimeter against the stock cable when hooking up the new cable.
post #1124 of 1150

My SM3 V1 had been upgraded in January 2012 to V2. A few weeks ago I realized both sides of my SM3 V2 has gotten distant and veiled. I now suspect dust and dirt accumulating in the earpieces might be the reason for this. Is there an easy way to clean the inside of the earpieces? Is there a guide on how to open and clean the SM3? Any suggestions?

post #1125 of 1150
There is not a guide but someday they will open themselves
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: