Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fake/counterfeit D2000?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fake/counterfeit D2000?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

I recently bought a pair of Denon D2000's off ebay. I haven't received them in the mail yet but I'm slightly paranoid about receiving a counterfeit pair. The seller (pace306) had a very high positive rating (including positive ratings from other who bought the d2000s) but I still worry. Are there any tell-tale signs on the d2000s that indicate they are fakes? Thanks.  

post #2 of 10

I've never even heard of a fake pair of Denon's, but you can call up Denon and give them the V/N and they will be able to see if there real or not.

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 


I didn't realize that was an option. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifani090 View Post

I've never even heard of a fake pair of Denon's, but you can call up Denon and give them the V/N and they will be able to see if there real or not.



 

post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nous View Post


I didn't realize that was an option. Thanks!



 


That what im hear here for nousbiggrin.gif

 

post #5 of 10

Please let us know by the time you will receive it. I'm considering the buy from him, too. :-)

post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveX View Post

Please let us know by the time you will receive it. I'm considering the buy from him, too. :-)

I received the headphones and they are definitely real. Unfortunately, one of the screws connecting the right cup to the headband was broken when I received the item :(. I don't think this is the seller's fault though. Denon's headphones are known to have weak, crappy little screws holding the cups in place (I'd tell you not to buy them, but these headphones sound so good!). Regardless, I do recommend the seller. He offered to refund them, but I'm going to try to get them repaired first. 

 

 

post #7 of 10

I bought the same headphones off the same seller. Same thing happoned to mine after a few weeks. I dont think that it's the seller's fault eighter those screws look very fragile and are supposed to hold the whole cup in place.

 

The annoying part for me atleast came later. When I tried to get spare parts (screws) for repair from denon they told me that they do not supply them for people who bought them outside of the country. It appears they want to force all of us to buy the headphones at the local retailer's where the price is and I kid you not twice as high as in the USA. Apparently there are good and bad clients in the eyes of denon or at least the company that handles the import business for them. The good kind being the ones that gladly pay twice as much as other people.

post #8 of 10

I know this issue is common enough to have been posted around the net but I wonder if the seller you guys bought them from got himself a bad batch.  I dunno it just strikes me as odd that both of you ended up with a bad set.

 

I bought a set about two months ago from a different seller and use them daily for multiple hours and haven't had any issues yet (*knock on wood*) so I guess I've been lucky,  There was a thread on here where someone fixed them using screws from Ace hardware (I believe).  I'm sure you can find the thread with a little digging. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkelbunt View Post

I bought the same headphones off the same seller. Same thing happoned to mine after a few weeks. I dont think that it's the seller's fault eighter those screws look very fragile and are supposed to hold the whole cup in place.

 

The annoying part for me atleast came later. When I tried to get spare parts (screws) for repair from denon they told me that they do not supply them for people who bought them outside of the country. It appears they want to force all of us to buy the headphones at the local retailer's where the price is and I kid you not twice as high as in the USA. Apparently there are good and bad clients in the eyes of denon or at least the company that handles the import business for them. The good kind being the ones that gladly pay twice as much as other people.



 

post #9 of 10

Thanks for the tip. Im gonna try that one if i cant get denon to sell me the parts after a few more tries.

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nous View Post

I received the headphones and they are definitely real. Unfortunately, one of the screws connecting the right cup to the headband was broken when I received the item :(. I don't think this is the seller's fault though. Denon's headphones are known to have weak, crappy little screws holding the cups in place (I'd tell you not to buy them, but these headphones sound so good!). Regardless, I do recommend the seller. He offered to refund them, but I'm going to try to get them repaired first. 

 

 


Did you call Denon up and told them the V/N? Where is that located? (what does it even stand for, I'm assuming it's like a serial number)


edit: I called up Denon USA, and they told me they don't put serial numbers on their headphones.
Edited by beeze - 9/28/11 at 11:14am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fake/counterfeit D2000?