Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread - Page 457

post #6841 of 6850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjacq View Post
 

Hi guys I've had my GR07 for quite a while now but I've been getting tired of the sibilance and slight lack of bass quantity so I want to get something to compliment it. Would anyone be able to give me any suggestions? I'd like something that has the gr07's treble with more bass and no sibilance. I was thinking of something cheap though so my options include the VSD3S or VSD3, TTPOD T1E or KC06A... Ideally I'd LOVE a removable cable one but I know I can't have it all. I've had a Shure SE215 and an ATH-IM50 before too but I can't imagine rebuying the former. I have vague memories of the IM50 now but I know I enjoyed it. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. My source will be a FiiO X5 which I use with my other stuff too :).

 

Looks into the Fostex TE-05..?? They have removable cables aswell :)

post #6842 of 6850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post

Looks into the Fostex TE-05..?? They have removable cables aswell smily_headphones1.gif

Those look nice but way out of budget. frown.gif thanks though
post #6843 of 6850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjacq View Post


Those look nice but way out of budget. frown.gif thanks though


How much are you looking to spend? The VSD3 is another good option, though some have had issues with the cable and build quality. The IM50 you mentioned earlier is a great headphone with no sibilance, but the treble might be more smooth than you'd like coming from the GR07.  Those are the two I'd pick if you're trying to keep it cheap. 

post #6844 of 6850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapX629 View Post
 


How much are you looking to spend? The VSD3 is another good option, though some have had issues with the cable and build quality. The IM50 you mentioned earlier is a great headphone with no sibilance, but the treble might be more smooth than you'd like coming from the GR07.  Those are the two I'd pick if you're trying to keep it cheap. 

$50-70 but thanks, I think I might get the IM70 used if this guy comes through. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm a bit worried about the VSD3's cable myself.

post #6845 of 6850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjacq View Post
 

$50-70 but thanks, I think I might get the IM70 used if this guy comes through. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm a bit worried about the VSD3's cable myself.


IM70 is a great IEM and if you like the IM50, you'll definitely like the IM70. I preferred it to the GR07 for everyday use for the smoother treble and more 3D soundstage. Excellent choice if that's what you go for. Try some wider bore tips if you find the treble lacking. 

post #6846 of 6850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapX629 View Post


IM70 is a great IEM and if you like the IM50, you'll definitely like the IM70. I preferred it to the GR07 for everyday use for the smoother treble and more 3D soundstage. Excellent choice if that's what you go for. Try some wider bore tips if you find the treble lacking. 

Excellent I am definitely considering to keep both. smily_headphones1.gif
post #6847 of 6850

Even though I already own the HiFiMan RE-400 and like them quite well, they lack in sub-bass and they are definitely not suited for rough/daily use. I broke the RE-400's cable within a couple of months and had to get them replaced. So I decided to get the GR07 as a daily use IEM and also for the sub-bass and the better sound-stage. I got my GR07 Classic Edition a couple of weeks back and I have spent 30-40 hours with it. I am generally pleased with the GR07, especially with the way the bass has been done, but I find them to have a bit too much of treble energy for me. Sibilance was pretty bad out of the box, but I guess the drivers settled in after a couple of days. But the treble still leaves me feeling uncomfortable. I use my FiiO E07K to cut the treble by a couple of dB to make them much more acceptable. I guess I am one of those treble-sensitive people. I am thinking of giving these away and going for a different form factor altogether, viz., on-ear, like the V Moda XS for example.  What do you guys think? Do you think that I should spend more time with the GR07 before I decide to give them away?

post #6848 of 6850
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunbupathy View Post

Even though I already own the HiFiMan RE-400 and like them quite well, they lack in sub-bass and they are definitely not suited for rough/daily use. I broke the RE-400's cable within a couple of months and had to get them replaced. So I decided to get the GR07 as a daily use IEM and also for the sub-bass and the better sound-stage. I got my GR07 Classic Edition a couple of weeks back and I have spent 30-40 hours with it. I am generally pleased with the GR07, especially with the way the bass has been done, but I find them to have a bit too much of treble energy for me. Sibilance was pretty bad out of the box, but I guess the drivers settled in after a couple of days. But the treble still leaves me feeling uncomfortable. I use my FiiO E07K to cut the treble by a couple of dB to make them much more acceptable. I guess I am one of those treble-sensitive people. I am thinking of giving these away and going for a different form factor altogether, viz., on-ear, like the V Moda XS for example.  What do you guys think? Do you think that I should spend more time with the GR07 before I decide to give them away?

Sure, give it some more time. The usual amount is about 200-250 hours for GR07. I'm pretty neutral about burn in but GR07 drivers need time to settle. Set them up for about 48 hours with some music playing a little louder than normal listening levels.
post #6849 of 6850
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Sure, give it some more time. The usual amount is about 200-250 hours for GR07. I'm pretty neutral about burn in but GR07 drivers need time to settle. Set them up for about 48 hours with some music playing a little louder than normal listening levels.


But can burning in change the sound that much? I believed that burn in is more related to the mind. I'll try burning them in and see.

post #6850 of 6850
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunbupathy View Post
 


But can burning in change the sound that much? I believed that burn in is more related to the mind. I'll try burning them in and see.

Burn-in does not change the sound signature of an iem at all. But it does smooth out the harshness that an earphone has out of the box. In my experience GR07 needed at least 100 hours for the sound to settle. I don't believe it was the result of my brain adjusting to the sound, because during the burn-in process I only listened to it every couple of days. I used about 5 tracks in my collection that are very sibilant.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread