or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread - Page 389

post #5821 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusion View Post
 

 

Silver/white? The seller called them silver grey. But yes I think they are just MKII with a reduced price tag, at least from what I gathered from Chinese forums.

any reason for price drop??

post #5822 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


what do u mean by silver version??

 

and how can mk2 be written there??

On the shell itself only GR07 is written, but on the box, the stickers say GR07 MKII without the "classic"

Mine looked exactly like this (pic taken from the seller)

post #5823 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 

any reason for price drop??

I believe the VSD3 will be released in the new year, and VSD5 in March or something, VSD7 a bit later and those will be the new flagships.

post #5824 of 7367

what the hell??

 

even on mine its written only gr07 on the shell??

 

wtf??

post #5825 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusion View Post
 

I believe the VSD3 will be released in the new year, and VSD5 in March or something, VSD7 a bit later and those will be the new flagships.


i have noticed another think

 

on the warranty card it says 1.3 m tpu cable,maximum 82 core 99.9999 single shreded copper wire!!!

 

wasn't mk2 supposed to have silver wire??

post #5826 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


i have noticed another think

 

on the warranty card it says 1.3 m tpu cable,maximum 82 core 99.9999 single shreded copper wire!!!

 

wasn't mk2 supposed to have silver wire??

I don't know, the Chinese version says it has silver wire. It doesn't really bother me though.

post #5827 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusion View Post
 

I don't know, the Chinese version says it has silver wire. It doesn't really bother me though.


i agree it may make 0 diff but still i expected it written on the box or card.i certainly didn't expect copper written there:(

post #5828 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusion View Post
 

I don't know, the Chinese version says it has silver wire. It doesn't really bother me though.


by the way how is ur cable??

 

externally mk2 cable is diff from simple gr07

post #5829 of 7367

From the photos and descriptions I've seen online of the MKII, I think the cable on mine are the same, or very similar. A shiny bronze-ish colour, with a clear plastic coating. Almost no microphonics, quite flexible, and well built. I don't need the ear guides to wear them over ear.

post #5830 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusion View Post
 

From the photos and descriptions I've seen online of the MKII, I think the cable on mine are the same, or very similar. A shiny bronze-ish colour, with a clear plastic coating. Almost no microphonics, quite flexible, and well built. I don't need the ear guides to wear them over ear.


yes the colour is exactly same but mk2 is not smooth and has some bends while pics of gr07 have no bends at all

 

so have ur cable got bends or is completely smooth??

post #5831 of 7367

I am not sure what you mean by bends, but they are not of a uniform colour under light because the wires underneath the coating are twisted. My cable looks exactly the same as the photos I found of the MKII.

 

edit: for example the photos found in this review http://www.head-fi.org/products/vsonic-gr07-mkii/reviews/7197


Edited by disillusion - 12/14/13 at 3:29am
post #5832 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusion View Post
 

I am not sure what you mean by bends, but they are not of a uniform colour under light because the wires underneath the coating are twisted. My cable looks exactly the same as the photos I found of the MKII.

 

edit: for example the photos found in this review http://www.head-fi.org/products/vsonic-gr07-mkii/reviews/7197


yup my wires are exactly the same too

 

bends as in impressions of underneath wires on the covering itself,making indentation on the cover as seen in that picture!!

 

so u ordered classic??

i ordered mk2,now if the cable is also same then how do we know whether they are diff at all??also mk2 is not written on the shell itself as all the pics of mk2 suggest

 

by the way how much did u pay?

post #5833 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusion View Post
 

 

Silver/white? The seller called them silver grey. But yes I think they are just MKII with a reduced price tag, at least from what I gathered from Chinese forums.


Yes Silver not white,typo.With new models launch dates are around the corner they want to get rid of the GR07s by adding 3 color themes to the shells and branding them as "Classic".....Rest are all on same track. Just to encourage sales and empty the stock ASAP they reduced $60 from it's original RRP.. whatsoever, It is what it is, and it's really a steal,no brainer, just grab them before it's gone,whoever wants to. It's the king of the IEM in it's own league.No upgrades needed.

post #5834 of 7367

That sounds like my wire too. I think they are the same because 1. VSonic didn't really advertise/market this product, even on Chinese forums 2. If they are having new products out soon, why bother retuning an old one? 3. Comments on Chinese forums saying they are just price-reduced MKII.

I paid approximately $98 +$4 for shipping, directly from an authorized seller on Taobao.

post #5835 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusion View Post
 

That sounds like my wire too. I think they are the same because 1. VSonic didn't really advertise/market this product, even on Chinese forums 2. If they are having new products out soon, why bother retuning an old one? 3. Comments on Chinese forums saying they are just price-reduced MKII.

I paid approximately $98 +$4 for shipping, directly from an authorized seller on Taobao.


damn man

 

i got mk2 from lend me ur ears for 135$

 

but i think even this is a steal as at other places its going for 180$ still

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread