Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread - Page 312

post #4666 of 6864

And don't forget that even VSONIC now ships all their dynamic IEMs with a tag in the cable saying they require at least 100 hours of burn-in...

post #4667 of 6864
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

And don't forget that even VSONIC now ships all their dynamic IEMs with a tag in the cable saying they require at least 100 hours of burn-in...

I'd love to see what it says on the label? "burn in" Noobs everywhere pre heating their ovens. tongue.gif
post #4668 of 6864
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I'd love to see what it says on the label? "burn in" Noobs everywhere pre heating their ovens. tongue.gif

 

 

I'm not sure what's the direct translation of the label, but the meaning is that. But I can see your point... biggrin.gif

post #4669 of 6864

BTW, there's new info about the new highend version of the GR07, named MR07. I've created a dedicated thread for the new model: http://www.head-fi.org/t/644903/vsonic-mr07-new-highend-version-of-the-gr07-info-expectations-thread

post #4670 of 6864

Just dropped my GR07 mkii right side into my tea at work.... Seems to still be working fine....

post #4671 of 6864
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsand gears View Post

Just dropped my GR07 mkii right side into my tea at work.... Seems to still be working fine....

 

 

Built like tanks and good sounding! What flavor was the tea, btw? It may affect their sound output from now on... tongue.gif biggrin.gif

post #4672 of 6864
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

 

Built like tanks and good sounding! What flavor was the tea, btw? It may affect their sound output from now on... tongue.gif biggrin.gif

It was tea of the green variety with ginger and mango. Maybe they do sound a bit sweeter and more fiery on the right!

post #4673 of 6864

Can someone give the basic rundown of the differences between the MKII and the Bass Edition? The obvious I would assume is the Bass but what happens to the mids, highs and soundstage?

post #4674 of 6864

No active member currently has both, but I simulated the BE by turning on the bass boost switch on my Fiio E10, via my MKII

 

The slam and body of the bass increase by a good amount, and I have to say it's a lot of fun. The mids gain more heft, and the treble seems smoother and more laid back. Overall, I'd say that for genres like hip hop, rock, or electronic music, get the BE.

post #4675 of 6864

I can always add a little bass via eq so I am just mainly concerned with the possibility of loosing out on something that the MKII has and the BE doesn't, wonder if anyone has listened to both even though they may currently not own both.

post #4676 of 6864

After listening to my MKII for a while, my MKI sounds like all the bass edition I need!  (I do believe I prefer the MKI to the MKII)
 

post #4677 of 6864

After years struggling with different iem's for fit and seal, I've finally pulled the trigger on the gr07 mkII. biggrin.gif I've used the gr06 and found that the fit and seal to be perfect for me with the small sony hybrid tips, but they sound signature was somewhat muddy. If the gr07 is what everyone says it is, I'll be one happy head-fier!!

 

Great thread!!

post #4678 of 6864
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post

After listening to my MKII for a while, my MKI sounds like all the bass edition I need!  (I do believe I prefer the MKI to the MKII)
 

 

You have both?! Hopefully you can help with my question. I seem to remember the MKI's upper treble as being a little more refined than the MKII. I don't know if it's my memory playing tricks on me, so I need someone who owns both (you) to help me out. redface.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

After years struggling with different iem's for fit and seal, I've finally pulled the trigger on the gr07 mkII. biggrin.gif I've used the gr06 and found that the fit and seal to be perfect for me with the small sony hybrid tips, but they sound signature was somewhat muddy. If the gr07 is what everyone says it is, I'll be one happy head-fier!!

 

Great thread!!

 

The rotating nozzles should really help with that.

post #4679 of 6864
Burn in for a couple days with these? How will they do from my Sansa Clip zip?
post #4680 of 6864
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

You have both?! Hopefully you can help with my question. I seem to remember the MKI's upper treble as being a little more refined than the MKII. I don't know if it's my memory playing tricks on me, so I need someone who owns both (you) to help me out. redface.gif

 

 

 

I find the difference between the MKI and MKII almost exactly like one (who believes) that a silver cable in the MKII was substituted for a copper cable in the MKI, exaggerated slightly (even though I know this was not the case).  In other words, the MKII high end sparkles a tad more, and bass end is recessed a little more than the MKI.  Depending on one's personal tastes one could say the bass is better (more emphasized) on the MKI and treble is better (more emphasized) on the MKII.  OR  one might say the bass is more refined (less emphasized) on the MKII and treble is more refined (less emphasized) on the MKI.  So I'm not sure how to respond .... I guess I basically confirmed your assertion.  If I could design my own GR07, I'd take a little of the sparkle of the high end of the MKII and add it to the MKI.  I like them both, but overall, I seem to pick the MKI more often to listen to.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread