Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread - Page 426

post #6376 of 6390
I've used the Phonak tips exclusively for the past 2 years and are my favorite. If you really want to hear how well they scale, have a BTG Audio recable done to them. They have completely satisfied my search for IEM''s, including ALL of the JH Audio line, SM 3, AKG 3003, et al.
post #6377 of 6390

@Trav: how does the Phonak tips compare to the Sony tips? I've always used Sony tips from my distant past's MDR Ex750, and they're already better than the stock tips. 

Have any headifer tried recabling the Gr07? I tried recabling the Bass Edition with the silver plug and now all I hear is bass...

post #6378 of 6390
The Phonak were more precise vs the sony. My 07 are not the bass edition, but the MK 2. IMO they came into their own in all aspects after the recable.
post #6379 of 6390

I've tried many tips on my GR07 and for me, the Phonak tips sounds the best. Generally GR07 needs narrow bore tips to tame it's treble peaks.


Edited by Francisk - Yesterday at 4:49 am
post #6380 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisk View Post

I've tried many tips on my GR07 and the Phonak tips sounds the best. Generally GR07 needs narrow bore tips to tame it's treble peaks.

+1.
post #6381 of 6390

Thanks guys. Must get my hands on Phonak tips then. I'm thinking of selling my GR07 Bass Ed. and buy a Mk2. Actually I had a Mk2 about 6 months ago and accidentally let it fell into the fan. Poor thing died instantly with a horrifying sound. 

post #6382 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehoang15tuoi View Post
 

Thanks guys. Must get my hands on Phonak tips then. I'm thinking of selling my GR07 Bass Ed. and buy a Mk2. Actually I had a Mk2 about 6 months ago and accidentally let it fell into the fan. Poor thing died instantly with a horrifying sound. 

 

No need to get an MKII, they aren't been produced anymore. Get a classic, it's the same iem without the hybrid tip imitations in the package. I've also looked around for phonak replacement tips but i couldn't find any original ones anywhere. 

post #6383 of 6390

Btw how resilent do you think the Gr07s are? When I took my Bass Edition to repair the cable (it actually got cut off), the service guy (whom I know) gave me the silver cable for free, since it came from a pair of mk2 that die about 1, 2 months after recabling. Luckily mine is still fine till now, even though it's a bit too bassy.

post #6384 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiesOfAzel View Post

 

No need to get an MKII, they aren't been produced anymore. Get a classic, it's the same iem without the hybrid tip imitations in the package. I've also looked around for phonak replacement tips but i couldn't find any original ones anywhere. 

 

I believe SoundEarphones still has the Phonak Audeo tips in stock.

post #6385 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post
 

 

I believe SoundEarphones still has the Phonak Audeo tips in stock.

 

Thanks for the link, but SoundEarphones doesn't ship internationally. If you know of anyone else that has them and ships to Europe please let me know.

post #6386 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiesOfAzel View Post
 

 

Thanks for the link, but SoundEarphones doesn't ship internationally. If you know of anyone else that has them and ships to Europe please let me know.

Try here: http://www.audeoworld.com/accessories.html. Dunno if they ship intl, but they do have "world" in their name:D

post #6387 of 6390

For all they guys using Phonak tips, are you all using the large size? I find mine don't sit that deep in my ears, and tend to flap around cause the tips are so flexible. The left side isn't a problem, but my right phone has a loose nozzle and it really makes it a pita to insert. I can get the med. tips to fit pretty deep, but with those it almost seems like I get too much bass.

post #6388 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trev View Post
 

For all they guys using Phonak tips, are you all using the large size? I find mine don't sit that deep in my ears, and tend to flap around cause the tips are so flexible. The left side isn't a problem, but my right phone has a loose nozzle and it really makes it a pita to insert. I can get the med. tips to fit pretty deep, but with those it almost seems like I get too much bass.

 

Phonak tips are meant for shallow insertion....not deep insertion

post #6389 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehoang15tuoi View Post
 

Btw how resilent do you think the Gr07s are? When I took my Bass Edition to repair the cable (it actually got cut off), the service guy (whom I know) gave me the silver cable for free, since it came from a pair of mk2 that die about 1, 2 months after recabling. Luckily mine is still fine till now, even though it's a bit too bassy.

 

A different cable can't be the reason for such an increase in bass, the main thing that a cable can theoretically influence is crosstalk. An increase in bass is usually an indicator of an increase in back venting, which points to the shell of your GR07 not been properly sealed following the cable installation.


Edited by SkiesOfAzel - Yesterday at 2:04 pm
post #6390 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisk View Post
 

 

Phonak tips are meant for shallow insertion....not deep insertion

I'm not refering to ety deep, probably just the full depth of the tips themselves. Actually even the large tips will give me a better/deeper fit on the actual pfes. No great surprise there since that's what the tips were made for, and the size and shape of the 2 phones is quite different. Anyways, I was just relaying my experiences. Still worth trying the tips tho, IMO.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread