Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread - Page 413

post #6181 of 6693

I have yet to see a proper comparison of the original GR07/mkII with the GR07 Classic...does anyone own both?

post #6182 of 6693

Apparently the GR07 Classic IS the original GR07.

post #6183 of 6693

I heard they stopped sourcing the biocellulose drivers from Sony...

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alondite View Post
 

Apparently the GR07 Classic IS the original GR07.

post #6184 of 6693
post #6185 of 6693
Oh. Sweet. Crazy good deal...
post #6186 of 6693
Gents: could somebody post some impressions of GR07 BE/Classic to any of the following under $70 dynamic IEMs? interms of just SQ......like bass,mid,hi's,sibilance,soundstage,instrument seperation etc.
VSD LE,Brainwavz M5 / S1 / 2013 Beta and $129 Klipsch S5i
post #6187 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

Oh. Sweet. Crazy good deal...
.

Yes, now that 1st gen GR07 is replaced by classic and BE is back on sale(preorder) due to huge customer demand. And GR07 will no longer be in production. And I believe classic has the same silver braided cable as MK II (2nd gen GR07).

Here's a hi-level info.....

1) 1st GEN GR07 » B-C diaphragm » tons of eartips » retired (replaced by classic)
2) 2nd GEN GR07 MK II » B-C diaphragm » tons of eartips,improved silver braided cable,sibilance issue fixed » retired
3) 3rd GEN GR07 BE » B-C diaphragm » tons of eartips » back to ltd prod due to customer demand.(as on march end)
4) 4th GEN GR07 CLASSIC » B-C diaphragm » basic 3 pair eartips and no pouch,no hybrid tips » 3 color variants of maroon,ice blue and silver.
post #6188 of 6693
Awesome, appreciate all the info man smily_headphones1.gif
post #6189 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

Awesome, appreciate all the info man smily_headphones1.gif

yeah...this info could help others as well,about different versions/gens of GR07!

beerchug.gif
post #6190 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


yeah...this info could help others as well,about different versions/gens of GR07!

beerchug.gif

 

Hi, Shawn, and everyone here in HeadFi. Should I get the GR07 MKII ($180) or the 4TH GEN GR07 Classic ($100)? I'm leaning towards the MKII but I'm wondering if the extra $80 for a discontinued product and a minor bump in forward treble is worth it, and I have no idea if VSONIC even streamlined their production process, possibly contributing to indiscernible audio quality between the two which may have contributed to the new lower price. I'm also a bit hesitant buying which GR07 because the shipping times for these are around one month and I don't want to waste much time bouncing return discussions back-and-forth between the seller.

post #6191 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colourise View Post

Hi, Shawn, and everyone here in HeadFi. Should I get the GR07 MKII ($180) or the 4TH GEN GR07 Classic ($100)? I'm leaning towards the MKII but I'm wondering if the extra $80 for a discontinued product and a minor bump in forward treble is worth it, and I have no idea if VSONIC even streamlined their production process, possibly contributing to indiscernible audio quality between the two which may have contributed to the new lower price. I'm also a bit hesitant buying which GR07 because the shipping times for these are around one month and I don't want to waste much time bouncing return discussions back-and-forth between the seller.

Only 2 variants are available now BE and Classic. The latter is of equivalent sound sig of 1st gen GR07 and MK II is retired. The price difference between classic and BE is approx $20.lendmeurears.com have em both on sale with free shipping. Enquire LMUE about rough timeline of transit from singapore to your country,they wil be able to help you.

You have another source to by classic, mp4nation.com.they offer free fedex to select countries.
post #6192 of 6693
Hey guys, I'm starting to hear some microphonics from these IEM's. What can I do to reduce the noice when moving about?
post #6193 of 6693

Are there any better ear guides out there? I can't find any via google. The cables keep slipping out.

post #6194 of 6693
I cut some electrical tape and tape up the ends. Has never fallen out after that. Looks bad but who cares. I tape the right side red and left side black also so makes it easier to find
post #6195 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-fi amateur View Post

Hey guys, I'm starting to hear some microphonics from these IEM's. What can I do to reduce the noice when moving about?

are you using the earguides? if so you shouldnt be hearing anything tbh

 

which gr07 do you have? be mk2 mk1? i heard the mk1's earguides are not as good they flopp around really easily compare to the redesigned ones in the mk2 and be edition 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread