Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread - Page 401

post #6001 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


i think u need a good burn in bro,,,at the start they will be intolerable to u as u are coming from re0.

 

Why would they be intolerable to me, coming from a Hifiman RE0? 

post #6002 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

Purchased the GR07 Classic Color Edition for $125 incl. shipping from Ebay as an upgrade from my trusty old Hifiman RE0, that I still enjoy very much. Have been using that baby since 2009. smily_headphones1.gif 



 





 



Now the waiting game is on. Will be pairing it with my Headstage Arrow/Clip Zip. Still looking for a new DAP after selling my Sony X1050. Temporarily back to the Rockboxed Zip now. 


 



I also just bought a pair from eBay (bigbargainonline). Seller seems legit with 100% feedback.

I bought these without researching as to whether they are the same (same bio-cellulose driver etc) as the normal black GR07 mk2. Can anyone confirm if they are?
post #6003 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

Why would they be intolerable to me, coming from a Hifiman RE0? 

A lot of ppl say they neeed a lot of burn in , i personally got the be edition used ( dunno how much they have been burned in) but the treble is more harsh in a sense compare to thr re400 or peaky is a better word
post #6004 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post


A lot of ppl say they neeed a lot of burn in , i personally got the be edition used ( dunno how much they have been burned in) but the treble is more harsh in a sense compare to thr re400 or peaky is a better word

 

I own the RE0, not the RE400. The RE0 has a lot of treble energy, so I think I can live with the GR07. Plus, in my opinion burn-in is a very stubborn myth that has been roaming around Head-Fi for years now. ;) The burn-in is mental, not physical. 

 

It's important that we share our OWN experiences, not base our knowledge on the experiences of others. Everyone hears differently. 


Edited by Negakinu - 1/3/14 at 9:04am
post #6005 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30pilot View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
 

Purchased the GR07 Classic Color Edition for $125 incl. shipping from Ebay as an upgrade from my trusty old Hifiman RE0, that I still enjoy very much. Have been using that baby since 2009. smily_headphones1.gif 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now the waiting game is on. Will be pairing it with my Headstage Arrow/Clip Zip. Still looking for a new DAP after selling my Sony X1050. Temporarily back to the Rockboxed Zip now. 

 



I also just bought a pair from eBay (bigbargainonline). Seller seems legit with 100% feedback.

I bought these without researching as to whether they are the same (same bio-cellulose driver etc) as the normal black GR07 mk2. Can anyone confirm if they are?

 

Same driver. Vsonic is discontinuing their other GR07 models as of 2014. 

post #6006 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

 

Same driver. Vsonic is discontinuing their other GR07 models as of 2014. 

 



Thanks, thats good to know
post #6007 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

A lot of ppl say they neeed a lot of burn in , i personally got the be edition used ( dunno how much they have been burned in) but the treble is more harsh in a sense compare to thr re400 or peaky is a better word

Well his question was like why so intolerable, specific to re0? We all know,rule of thumb all the dynamics needs min 100hrs of burnin to settle in all 3 departments especially gr07s buys more time to settle(typically 300hrs).......
So even after burnin gr07's highs would still be intolerable ??? Was it a wrong choice of investment/upgrade over re0?

May be these kind of questions arised when he read that comment......
post #6008 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30pilot View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
 

Purchased the GR07 Classic Color Edition for $125 incl. shipping from Ebay as an upgrade from my trusty old Hifiman RE0, that I still enjoy very much. Have been using that baby since 2009. smily_headphones1.gif 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now the waiting game is on. Will be pairing it with my Headstage Arrow/Clip Zip. Still looking for a new DAP after selling my Sony X1050. Temporarily back to the Rockboxed Zip now. 

 



I also just bought a pair from eBay (bigbargainonline). Seller seems legit with 100% feedback.

I bought these without researching as to whether they are the same (same bio-cellulose driver etc) as the normal black GR07 mk2. Can anyone confirm if they are?

I was looking at these as well, if they are legit then that's a pretty good price. I might pick up a pair if you guys find them to be legit.

post #6009 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by highriser View Post
 

I was looking at these as well, if they are legit then that's a pretty good price. I might pick up a pair if you guys find them to be legit.

 

Quite a few people here on Head-Fi have already purchased them there and have vouched for the seller's integrity. Don't forget that Vsonic themselves announced that the new MSRP of the GR07 is going to be $99 this year. 

post #6010 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
 

 

Quite a few people here on Head-Fi have already purchased them there and have vouched for the seller's integrity. Don't forget that Vsonic themselves announced that the new MSRP of the GR07 is going to be $99 this year. 

oh really? I did not know that, well then it seems it may be better to hold out a little longer and get them when they are down to $99

post #6011 of 6743

why would they lower the price tho? (also i feel bad now cause i bought them for 100e :P)

post #6012 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


Well his question was like why so intolerable, specific to re0? We all know,rule of thumb all the dynamics needs min 100hrs of burnin to settle in all 3 departments especially gr07s buys more time to settle(typically 300hrs).......
So even after burnin gr07's highs would still be intolerable ??? Was it a wrong choice of investment/upgrade over re0?

May be these kind of questions arised when he read that comment......

This would be my question. I have the re0s, would these be a worthwhile upgrade to my re0s? I ado want a bit of a different sound signature (no point in getting something that sounds the same), without sacrificing the clarity that the re0s provide.

post #6013 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by highriser View Post
 

This would be my question. I have the re0s, would these be a worthwhile upgrade to my re0s? I ado want a bit of a different sound signature (no point in getting something that sounds the same), without sacrificing the clarity that the re0s provide.

 

I'll let you know as soon as my new GR07 arrives. :) I still love my RE0 dearly, but I felt like the GR07 would be an upgrade after reading a lot of reviews and getting some impressions from people I know that own them. 

post #6014 of 6743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
 

 

I'll let you know as soon as my new GR07 arrives. :) I still love my RE0 dearly, but I felt like the GR07 would be an upgrade after reading a lot of reviews and getting some impressions from people I know that own them. 

Its not an upgrade. Just a different sound signature

post #6015 of 6743
Thank you for your opinion. Now let's wait for mine. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread