Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread - Page 360

post #5386 of 6505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post

I enjoy my GR07's but i just recieved my FX700's finally. The bass texture is on another level from the GR07. The FX700 is far from being flat, but it Wow's me alot more then the GR07. The FX700 is only $50 more then the GR07 aswell. Comparing the LCD-2 and FX700 is closer then the GR07 in the bass department imo. Having only heard the LCD-2 once it was a lovely phone, but performance to price deterred me.

I owned both at the same time and preferred the GR07s lows, by a long shot. I remember thinking that the FX-700 was slow, bloated and cumbersome, in comparison. I also used to get frustrated at the FX-700s brilliant mids being marred by recession... not to mention the excessive sound leakage and awful isolation. The highs amazed me, and the soundstage impressed... but I generally felt the GR07 to be an all around better phone.

I also preferred the FXT90 to the FX-700, which was less refined, but more cohesive and practical. I rated that almost on par with my beloved GR07, which I'd still own today, if it hadn't been stolen.

I'm awaiting delivery of the VSD1, which will hopefully fill the vsonic shaped hole.
post #5387 of 6505
Man we hear differently, these dont sound bloated at all. Listening to the GR07 lows it sounds flat/boring with hardly any texture or impact at all. I remember my FX500 being cumbersome and bloated in comparison. The GR07 are a lovely iem for the price, they do have a monitor like sound. Nothing intrudes really. Complaining about sound leakage and isolation is pointless since they are "Open" Voices sound amazing on the FX700, the mids dont seem to bother me being recessed a little. Swapping back and forth, the GR07 sound a little grainy which i never really noticed before. I did have the FXT90 for 3 days before returning them. They sounded nice, but the right driver was quieter then the left on my pair. Hence why i returned them.
post #5388 of 6505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post

Man we hear differently, these dont sound bloated at all. Listening to the GR07 lows it sounds flat/boring with hardly any texture or impact at all. I remember my FX500 being cumbersome and bloated in comparison. The GR07 are a lovely iem for the price, they do have a monitor like sound. Nothing intrudes really. Complaining about sound leakage and isolation is pointless since they are "Open" Voices sound amazing on the FX700, the mids dont seem to bother me being recessed a little. Swapping back and forth, the GR07 sound a little grainy which i never really noticed before. I did have the FXT90 for 3 days before returning them. They sounded nice, but the right driver was quieter then the left on my pair. Hence why i returned them.

Well, not pointless if it helps someone unfamiliar with semi-open backs (if that's what you meant), to make an informed choice wink.gif.

The S2 isolates slightly worse than regular vented phones, but is the most isolating semi-open back I've used (which granted isn't much). I can use it for cycling on busy roads, which I couldn't the FX-700.

I can't comment on grainy'ness - it's been to long - but do remember the GR07s sibilance prone highs. I also remember the lows being textured and impactful, but significantly less boosted than the u-shaped FX-700.
post #5389 of 6505

Been using the Vsonic GR07 since November of 2012. But i noticed, im not getting alot of volume on the right side. It could be clogged because of ear wax. Is there a way i can take off the Grille? if so can someone give me some tips on what to use to remove it. Thankyou ^_^

post #5390 of 6505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic View Post

Been using the Vsonic GR07 since November of 2012. But i noticed, im not getting alot of volume on the right side. It could be clogged because of ear wax. Is there a way i can take off the Grille? if so can someone give me some tips on what to use to remove it. Thankyou ^_^

I've tried removing the grill a couple of times giving up, personally. The clip is so small, not even the smallest pair of needle nose tweezers could grab it out for me and then you're in fear of it flying away. What I ended up doing because of the same problem was, getting some methylated spirits, dipping an old tooth brush lightly in a cap full then brushing the grill with a flicking motion, it worked. Same side too.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/3/13 at 11:43pm
post #5391 of 6505
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I've tried removing the grill a couple of times giving up, personally. The clip is so small, not even the smallest pair of needle nose tweezers could grab it out for me and then you're in fear of it flying away. What I ended up doing because of the same problem was, getting some methylated spirits, dipping an old tooth brush lightly in a cap full then brushing the grill with a flicking motion, it worked. Same side too.

Ya i just tried very hard to remove it... and it still wont come off. I wish i new something that could just easily remove it...

post #5392 of 6505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic View Post

Ya i just tried very hard to remove it... and it still wont come off. I wish i new something that could just easily remove it...

If you're going to try and remove it place the whole earpiece inside a t-shirt and work from there. Because....if that clip comes off more than likely it's going to fly across the room, I think most would have a hard time finding something so small. If you put the earpiece inside a t-shirt the clip hasn't got anywhere to go when it flys off..I knew if I persisted I'd be left with no clip and broken set of GR07, so I did that work around with a toothbrush.
post #5393 of 6505
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


If you're going to try and remove it place the whole earpiece inside a t-shirt and work from there. Because....if that clip comes off more than likely it's going to fly across the room, I think most would have a hard time finding something so small. If you put the earpiece inside a t-shirt the clip hasn't got anywhere to go when it flys off..I knew if I persisted I'd be left with no clip and broken set of GR07, so I did that work around with a toothbrush.

Finally got the clip the clip off is there way i can the mesh filter off now ?

post #5394 of 6505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic View Post

Finally got the clip the clip off is there way i can the mesh filter off now ?

Congrats! You ventured further than I dared too.

I really don't know how to get the meshing out, unfortunately, Can you grab it with a needle and lift it out some how? I would probably start there.
post #5395 of 6505
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Congrats! You ventured further than I dared too.

I really don't know how to get the meshing out, unfortunately, Can you grab it with a needle and lift it out some how? I would probably start there.

it was a pain in the ass but i got it off. and they sound perfect now. ^_^, i thought my ibasso may have blown the up the earphones but it the mesh filter was just dirty is all. i had to use a very very skinny needle to get it out off...

post #5396 of 6505
Great stuff! Happy days.
post #5397 of 6505

Saw this posted yesterday

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/vsonic-gr07-and-gr07-bass-edition

 

I guess he's reviewing the MKII?

post #5398 of 6505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett View Post

I guess he's reviewing the MKII?

I seriously doubt it. He probably wanted to share more complete impressions of the two together with Tyll's measurements and opinion. As far as I know he'll be reviewing the VC1000 and VSD1

post #5399 of 6505

My GR07s have really started suffering from the cable greening, did anyone find a solution for that?

post #5400 of 6505
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpickering View Post

My GR07s have really started suffering from the cable greening, did anyone find a solution for that?

Have them re-cabled by BTG-Audio - they do great work. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread