Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread - Page 343

post #5131 of 6521
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeewetan View Post

I'm currently using a Sennheiser CX400. Would the GR07 BE or the GR07 MKII be a good (overly wow) upgrade?
I have CX400s and GR07s mk1.1 and almost everyone here says the mk2 is better so yes, they will wow you for the big leap in SQ. You'll experience a whole new level of clarity.
Edited by autoexec - 5/9/13 at 4:39am
post #5132 of 6521
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoexec View Post


I have CX400s and GR07s mk1.1 and almost everyone here says the mk2 is better so yes, they will wow you for the big leap in SQ. You'll experience a whole new level of clarity.

I'm wondering if the GR07 BE could be a tad too bassy..(speaking from a CX400 owner point of view)..

post #5133 of 6521
Such pretty colors smily_headphones1.gif

post #5134 of 6521

I contemplated on either getting the MK2 or the BE for a while, and went with the MK2. They have met all my needs for an IEM and more... with just enough bass for my taste. If I want extra bass that is what my E12 bass boost is for rolleyes.gif

post #5135 of 6521

And 3 hours in, I'm pretty convinced that these are the ones! What depth! Instrument separation is the best I've heard. Great blend of bass, mids, and trebles. Glad I went with the MkII instead of BE.

post #5136 of 6521
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercatorn View Post

Heres my GR07 Mk2 after about 6 months of use, notice the hint of blue hue on the cable, it started to changed color around the 4 month mark. But they still sound just as great!

 

Where do you live? I live in Florida and with the climate around here I always keep them in the pouch when not in use. I live in an old building that doesn't isolate well. I hope this doesn't happen to mine frown.gif

post #5137 of 6521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

 

Where do you live? I live in Florida and with the climate around here I always keep them in the pouch when not in use. I live in an old building that doesn't isolate well. I hope this doesn't happen to mine frown.gif

I live in Hong Kong, and travel around south china frequently. Its extremely humid here and i also keep mine in the pouch when not in use. Im sure florida shouldnt be a problem unless you are always in a non-air-conditioned place. 

post #5138 of 6521
My one is that color also and I live in florida, I think its a natural process and it also happened to my mk1.1 and my bass edition smily_headphones1.gif
post #5139 of 6521
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Gentlemen, gentlemen. There's only one way to solve this: mochill should send all three of his sets to an objective third party for an assessment as to his claims in regard to his specific IEMs.

I will gladly offer up my services in this regard biggrin.gif

Full disclosure: I miss my GR07 a bit lol.
Full disclosure 2: I'd like to run them through the D100 smily_headphones1.gif

Darn, thought I had a good shot with that one rolleyes.gif
post #5140 of 6521
 
 
 

Here's a couple pics. First one has them being worn the "correct" way. The second pic shows how they have to be for my ears sake. I think for music, there will be no issues. I have no intentions of wearing these for movies or games. What do you guys think? FWIW, I could NEVER get the TF10's to fit well. Although, I had no issues w/ Ety ER6i and Klipsch S4. Just for kicks, is there another headphone under $200 that sounds as good and does not take up so much ear "space?"

 

cables out front, square in ear

photo 2-cablefront.jpg

 

 

cables out bottom, square out

photo 1-cabledown.jpg

 

 

 

 
post #5141 of 6521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post

 
 
 

Here's a couple pics. First one has them being worn the "correct" way. The second pic shows how they have to be for my ears sake. I think for music, there will be no issues. I have no intentions of wearing these for movies or games. What do you guys think? FWIW, I could NEVER get the TF10's to fit well. Although, I had no issues w/ Ety ER6i and Klipsch S4. Just for kicks, is there another headphone under $200 that sounds as good and does not take up so much ear "space?"

 

cables out front, square in ear

 

 

 

cables out bottom, square out

 

 

 

 

 

For the 1st pic, the cable should go around the ear, not outward. Did you try changing the nozzle angle for a better fit?

post #5142 of 6521

Right, but it doesn't matter cause 1st pic causes pain in 5 minutes. Pushing the nozzle furthest out and placing them w/ cable down like 2nd photo gives me the most comfort.

 

I'm using an old leftover pair of Complys that fit the TF10's w/ good success.

post #5143 of 6521

looks awkward but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I think the housing is a minor gripe about this for people with small ears like me, I don't particularly like the squared shape of it.

post #5144 of 6521

It definitely does in the pic, but it's MUCH more comfortable than the "normal" way.

post #5145 of 6521

As long as you're getting a good seal, I don't think there's a problem. It's a pity that they won't fit in your ears the way they were meant to, though - it doesn't look comfortable at all.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread