Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread - Page 324

post #4846 of 6732
^^^ What his says. biggrin.gif
post #4847 of 6732

haha what do you mean by that ? whats there to know about using IEMS?

 the burn in ?  i have to turn the volume  to 75 % to  get a good sound and with my 20 dollar sonys 50% volume is  just fine  . 

if straight  out of the box i dont like them  ..then  i most likely wont
 

post #4848 of 6732
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalki11 View Post

haha what do you mean by that ? whats there to know about using IEMS?
 the burn in ?  i have to turn the volume  to 75 % to  get a good sound and with my 20 dollar sonys 50% volume is  just fine  . 
if straight  out of the box i dont like them  ..then  i most likely wont

If you take some time to understand the IEM, you will see through what you're hearing. GR07 will not wow you straight away it is a stage monitor, this happens often when people buy GR07. You need to know what to listen for. for example, which one sounds more natural? which one sounds best with percussion?. which one has better separation of instruments? if you're in it for the bass then look elsewhere. Something your $20 Sony's probably have gobs of. You need to adjust, your mind is used to the Sony sound.

You need to learn the IEM and not rush, even I made to quick a judgment on a recent purchase, and when you change your mind because you spoke to soon, you will feel silly if you want to come back and praise the GR07. tongue.gif
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/28/13 at 5:47pm
post #4849 of 6732
My gr07 out of the box was fantastic and only gets better. These are actually easy to drive. I have to turn up my Sony mh1c higher than the gr07 in order to get the same output. The sound you are saying you are getting even straight out of the box is not consistent with what everyone else is hearing so you may have something wrong with your set.
post #4850 of 6732

I'm not even sure he knows how to change the tips on an iem.

 

If your $20 sony iems make you happy, stick with them.

post #4851 of 6732
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalki11 View Post

i got these today and im sending them back. theres no sound stage no bass everything sounds so thin

 

How many tips have you tried? Did you try to adjust the nozzle to fit it better in your ears?

post #4852 of 6732
If you look at his headphone inventory he has been using XB500 at some time.

I couldn't think of a more different sound between two headphone / earphones. I doubt there is anything wrong with the IEM or the new owner. Merely a very different sound from an IEM that forms many varying expectations in general.

I think at first when I got GR07 I didn't really see the full potential, there was a moment I thought this is it? this is the big GR07 sound? though in time (not much time) we become good friends. You bond together during the course of 250 - 300 hours burn in. Like looking after a new born. tongue.gif
post #4853 of 6732
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I think at first when I got GR07 I didn't really see the full potential, there was a moment I thought this is it? this is the big GR07 sound? though in time (not much time) we become good friends. You bond together during the course of 250 - 300 hours burn in. Like looking after a new born. tongue.gif
LMAO only a father understands that smily_headphones1.gif
post #4854 of 6732
The gr07 offers a champagne signature on a beer budget. It's really beautifully balanced. My favorite iem.
post #4855 of 6732
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Also,

 

 

Sounds fantastic through the GR07 BEs - High Speed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

 

Word.  Love the atmospheric feel.. good test to see how clean the GR07's bass can hit too.  Another one of my favorite beats here.  Crisp, clean snare hits, spacious, synth heavy production.. I dig the way it 'unfolds' .. my only gripe?  It's too short!

 

GR07 nice and tight with good bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

GR07 lovers.. bump this tight track for me.. love how it sounds on my HE-400.. bet it'll sound pretty sublime on the GR07, too.


Could of subs in my ears but the clicks are nice and crisp as well.

post #4856 of 6732
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I'm not even sure he knows how to change the tips on an iem.

 

If your $20 sony iems make you happy, stick with them.


foolish person of course i know how to change the tips and tried different tips too.. but my 20 dollar sonys   do sound better.  i hear all the details in the sonys( i got good ears)tongue_smile.gif

i will just send them back. i wanted  something to blow my mind but these vsonic didnt do anything  maybe i will try the sennheiser IE8

AND  it looks like the vsonic had been used before  the box was dirty and the authenticity logo in the back had been scratched

post #4857 of 6732
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalki11 View Post


foolish person of course i know how to change the tips and tried different tips too.. but my 20 dollar sonys   do sound better.  i hear all the details in the sonys( i got good ears)tongue_smile.gif

i will just send them back. i wanted  something to blow my mind but these vsonic didnt do anything  maybe i will try the sennheiser IE8

AND  it looks like the vsonic had been used before  the box was dirty and the authenticity logo in the back had been scratched


Yeah I'm sure you hear the same details with a 15 dB bass boost.

post #4858 of 6732
He loves his bass so guys don't bash on this poor fella....I once was like him(2 years ago), but slowy my taste has change for basshead to treble head to mid head and now totalhead....if he is a real audiophile like use he would learn to appreciate the techinical abitily of the gr07... bio-cellulose plus silver equal epic sound combo and that is why I am a huge fan of the gr07. I have all three gr07 varient( mk1,bass ed.,and mk2), the mk2 being my newest member to my collection. I got them today and the only thing I can say is that they are high transperent and linear out of the box....it really creeps me out to think how they'll sound after 500hrs or so....so long story short , enjoy what you have because once its gone it will be hard to forget it. biggrin.gif
post #4859 of 6732
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

If you look at his headphone inventory he has been using XB500 at some time.

I couldn't think of a more different sound between two headphone / earphones. I doubt there is anything wrong with the IEM or the new owner. Merely a very different sound from an IEM that forms many varying expectations in general.

I think at first when I got GR07 I didn't really see the full potential, there was a moment I thought this is it? this is the big GR07 sound? though in time (not much time) we become good friends. You bond together during the course of 250 - 300 hours burn in. Like looking after a new born. tongue.gif

 

Yes I can so relate to this, I didn't really love my GR07 until about 6 months or so of ownership, with regular usage...

 

Just like a baby, you got stressed during the baby's first 3-4 months, but as your baby get to 6 months old onwards, when the baby learn to laugh, smile, responds to your gestures and so on, your love will grow and grow...

post #4860 of 6732
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalki11 View Post


foolish person of course i know how to change the tips and tried different tips too.. but my 20 dollar sonys   do sound better.  i hear all the details in the sonys( i got good ears)tongue_smile.gif

i will just send them back. i wanted  something to blow my mind but these vsonic didnt do anything  maybe i will try the sennheiser IE8

AND  it looks like the vsonic had been used before  the box was dirty and the authenticity logo in the back had been scratched

 

Go and read up on JVC FXZ100 mate, I am sure that you will love them, if you like your bass...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread