Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread - Page 322

post #4816 of 6375
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post

I find that the gr07s excel with simpler music, and rather struggles when it comes to complicated passages.


I listen to a lot of Zappa and Rush - I have no such issues and their music is chock full of complicated passages. What kinds of music do you listen to that they're struggling with?

post #4817 of 6375

The gr07 hasn't struggled with any complex or fast passages that I've thrown at it. For me, the decay of sound is very responsive and the reaction to the beginning of the next note is always right there.

 

Glad that this thread seems to have livened up again. biggrin.gif

post #4818 of 6375
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post


I listen to a lot of Zappa and Rush - I have no such issues and their music is chock full of complicated passages. What kinds of music do you listen to that they're struggling with?

Definitely trance. I still like the gr07s but they just don't do trance and edm justice.
Edited by zachchen1996 - 1/27/13 at 12:33pm
post #4819 of 6375

Well h20, they definitely are an improvement over using them through my j3 and laptop, but I don't think it was enough of an improvement to justify the 280$ But that's just me, maybe I need to get a better dac to start appreciating the amp on the leck. The dac on the amp is what is holding it back.
post #4820 of 6375

GR07 lovers.. bump this tight track for me.. love how it sounds on my HE-400.. bet it'll sound pretty sublime on the GR07, too.

post #4821 of 6375
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post

Well h20, they definitely are an improvement over using them through my j3 and laptop, but I don't think it was enough of an improvement to justify the 280$ But that's just me, maybe I need to get a better dac to start appreciating the amp on the leck. The dac on the amp is what is holding it back.

It's been to long to remember exactly how they performed for me amped, and you made a good point, being at the time I did only have a FiiO amp on hand. I remember my ebay seller who owns an audio store in China recommended a warm amp for them to get the most benefits. but he could of been snake oiling. I'd like to try again with C&C BH.

As for the complex tracks and GR07 I did feel they lost a touch of separation, there was some smearing which mostly took hold at higher volumes, I feel Yamaha EPH-100 is the fastest dynamic driver I've heard.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/27/13 at 4:18pm
post #4822 of 6375
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

GR07 lovers.. bump this tight track for me.. love how it sounds on my HE-400.. bet it'll sound pretty sublime on the GR07, too.

 

Daang! That was poppin' yo! tongue.gifwink_face.gif

post #4823 of 6375
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Daang! That was poppin' yo! tongue.gifwink_face.gif

 

Word.  Love the atmospheric feel.. good test to see how clean the GR07's bass can hit too.  Another one of my favorite beats here.  Crisp, clean snare hits, spacious, synth heavy production.. I dig the way it 'unfolds' .. my only gripe?  It's too short!

post #4824 of 6375
You can pick up Koen's albums here. : http://koen.bandcamp.com/
post #4825 of 6375

Keep the tracks coming people, these are some awesome tracks...

post #4826 of 6375
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

 

Word.  Love the atmospheric feel.. good test to see how clean the GR07's bass can hit too.  Another one of my favorite beats here.  Crisp, clean snare hits, spacious, synth heavy production.. I dig the way it 'unfolds' .. my only gripe?  It's too short!

 

You want atmosphere? This is one of the better tracks I've heard on the 07. It really showcases the 07's bass and speed

 

post #4827 of 6375

Also,

 

post #4828 of 6375
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

It's been to long to remember exactly how they performed for me amped, and you made a good point, being at the time I did only have a FiiO amp on hand. I remember my ebay seller who owns an audio store in China recommended a warm amp for them to get the most benefits. but he could of been snake oiling. I'd like to try again with C&C BH.

As for the complex tracks and GR07 I did feel they lost a touch of separation, there was some smearing which mostly took hold at higher volumes, I feel Yamaha EPH-100 is the fastest dynamic driver I've heard.
I have both the C&C BH and GR07 on the way smily_headphones1.gif
The DAP will be a rockbox iPod classic 160gb via LOD. I have a feeling it will be a very synergistic setup with all the research ive done and experience i have as well. My main goal was to be as portable as possible with very good SQ, storage and battery life.
Edited by brunk - 1/27/13 at 5:08pm
post #4829 of 6375

^^ Looks like a good setup to me. wink.gif

post #4830 of 6375

Very nice, eke.. my kinda vibes.. I'll see that.. and raise you a few more wicked tracks..

 

Phil Tangent - Forgiveness .. smokin' release from one of my favorite DnB labels.

Extra Curricular - Last Days (Spectrasoul remix) .. this is such an awesome remix of an already fantastic (original) track.

Pouyah - Stranger .. another lovely, liquid DnB roller.

JMSN - Do You Remember the Time .. dope track from a great album.. reminds me of The Weeknd.

Edited by FlySweep - 1/27/13 at 5:19pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread