Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread - Page 320

post #4786 of 6475

They are so good, I listen to them while they cook (sittin at about 30 hours right now). Little 2 hour session of Volbeat with them last night - FanFreakinTastic!!

post #4787 of 6475
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

 

Remember the burn-in. They can sound a bit harsh straight out of the box.

 

Manufacturers recommend 200-300 hours burn-in for those bio-cellulose drivers to sound their best. I didn't find they changed any further after 100 hours or so, but YMMV.

 

They are without doubt one of the best IEM's I have ever had in my ears at their price, and compete well with IEM's at twice their price.


Yeah, that's what I was expecting, but I thought they sounded great out of the box - even compared to the W3. I think I'll go with the grado style approach and just burn them in by listening :P

post #4788 of 6475

They never cease to impress me - I've gotten hold of a hi-rez vinyl rip (24/96 that I converted to wav) of The Stones' Beggars' Banquet and it sounds phenomenal with the GR07s. I can't stress this enough - feed high quality, well-mastered music through these things and you will always appreciate them. I've had mine a year and they keep surprising me with how damn good they are.
 

post #4789 of 6475

Agreed - took me a while to warm to it but IMHO, it is one of the best, if not the best, universal monitor in the market

post #4790 of 6475
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

They never cease to impress me - I've gotten hold of a hi-rez vinyl rip (24/96 that I converted to wav) of The Stones' Beggars' Banquet and it sounds phenomenal with the GR07s. I can't stress this enough - feed high quality, well-mastered music through these things and you will always appreciate them. I've had mine a year and they keep surprising me with how damn good they are.
 

 

+1 You can say this about most hp's but it seems to be more fitting with the gr07. I suppose that it's because they are so resolving and produce detail so well. Great iem and best fit that I've ever had the pleasure to experience. 

post #4791 of 6475

They are the dollar for dollar champion afaik.
 

post #4792 of 6475

Im still taken aback by how well they reproduce drums! Kick drums sound amazing. By far my best audio related purchase since joining headfi.

post #4793 of 6475
It's great to have company, and not feel like I'm shilling for Vsonic when I gush about the GR07 smily_headphones1.gif
post #4794 of 6475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post


Yeah, that's what I was expecting, but I thought they sounded great out of the box - even compared to the W3. I think I'll go with the grado style approach and just burn them in by listening :P

 

Well if you like them straight out of the box, then they are only going to improve. They are probably my favourite IEM's after my customs, certainly as an "all-rounder-suits-everything-you-throw-at-it" IEM. cool.gif 

 

They also respond very well to amping and their synergy with some source pairings is excellent. They pair particularly well with the Colorfly C3.


Edited by phlashbios - 1/25/13 at 8:33am
post #4795 of 6475
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsand gears View Post

Im still taken aback by how well they reproduce drums! Kick drums sound amazing. By far my best audio related purchase since joining headfi.


Any percussion sounds great on these - there's a few tracks on Beggars' Banquet that use congas and bongos for percussion and they sound sooo damn good. Part of that is the mastering and part of it is definitely the Gr07.

post #4796 of 6475

Hey guys, new Head-fier here. I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 25s last summer mainly because of awesome reviews on this site and I love them! Now I'm looking into the world of IEMs as I want something more portable for the gym. These look amazing, but do you guys think they are able to withstand the sweat/movement of a gym environment? Or am I better off getting some JVC Marshmallows for the gym and saving these for normal, portable use?

post #4797 of 6475
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

It's great to have company, and not feel like I'm shilling for Vsonic when I gush about the GR07 smily_headphones1.gif

Thats kinda what the thread is about! There great IEM's for a fantastic price, why not gush? :D

post #4798 of 6475
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post


Any percussion sounds great on these - there's a few tracks on Beggars' Banquet that use congas and bongos for percussion and they sound sooo damn good. Part of that is the mastering and part of it is definitely the Gr07.

Indeed, feed them well and they definately shine! I was litening to 10,000 Days by Tool, and the drums just sound amazing through the GR07's. They really are cracking. Im no bass head, but the quality and weight of the bass is just so addictive.

post #4799 of 6475
Quote:
Originally Posted by stotch326 View Post

Hey guys, new Head-fier here. I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 25s last summer mainly because of awesome reviews on this site and I love them! Now I'm looking into the world of IEMs as I want something more portable for the gym. These look amazing, but do you guys think they are able to withstand the sweat/movement of a gym environment? Or am I better off getting some JVC Marshmallows for the gym and saving these for normal, portable use?

 

You could get away with the gr07 at the gym but I wouldn't do it. Not that they would hold up against it but I'd much rather have a cheap pair of apple earpods for that kind of thing. I guess I say this because of just how much I like the gr07. If $150 doesn't mean anything to you...go for it. 

post #4800 of 6475

After reading the reviews on this thread i went ahead and bought some Gr07s from Amazon. How will this fare when compared to the Etymotic HF5s? Would the GR07s benefit from any amping (currently have a Cmoybb amp)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread