Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread - Page 286

post #4276 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36Chambers View Post

After reading pages and pages and pages of reviews, comparisons, and what not, I have decided to order these. Hopefully they'll be here by next week! smily_headphones1.gif
Also, do you guys these are a considerable step up from the Klipsch S4? Those are what I have now and I was in the market for something better.

 

I have TWO pairs of S4s that have never been used again since acquisition of my GR07

post #4277 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlooienuker View Post

Hi,

 

Anyone know which is the best earphone for EDM?

 

GR07 MK2

W3

ASG 1.2

H-100K

CK10

 

I'm a "semi-basshead"... Haha.

 

Thank you,

 

 

If you like your bass, then you can scratch the CK10 off the list immediately.  biggrin.gif

post #4278 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post

 

I have TWO pairs of S4s that have never been used again since acquisition of my GR07

 

Yeah, the S4s aren't even in the same league as the GR07s...they really shouldn't be at a half the price, but to answer the question, absolutely the GR07s are a step up from the S4s.  Without a doubt.

post #4279 of 6693

Just compared the old and new versions after burn in.  I don't think the new version is better, just different.  The MkII is fuller sounding with slightly better extension.  The original seems to feel more transparent.
 

post #4280 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

 

 

If you like your bass, then you can scratch the CK10 off the list immediately.  biggrin.gif

Why the CK10? I hear its bass is nice but I want good highs and mids and soundstaging too. Please help...

post #4281 of 6693
my cables turning green frown.gif
and i never take these earphones out , I just use them at home when i do some relaxing listening
post #4282 of 6693
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoton View Post

my cables turning green frown.gif
and i never take these earphones out , I just use them at home when i do some relaxing listening

It happens!

post #4283 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoton View Post

my cables turning green frown.gif
and i never take these earphones out , I just use them at home when i do some relaxing listening

Yep, my MK2 cables turning green too, only a few months down the track It's lost all that silvery glimmer and is slowly going a dark stained grey / green colour. I think it may have to do with the oil on our hands and ........'something' rolleyes.gif

Kova thinks it's because I smoke endlessly locked in a cupboard.
post #4284 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Yep, my MK2 cables turning green too, only a few months down the track It's lost all that silvery glimmer and is slowly going a dark stained grey / green colour. I think it may have to do with the oil on our hands and ........'something' rolleyes.gif
Kova thinks it's because I smoke endlessly locked in a cupboard.

Cant help I suppose.

post #4285 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlooienuker View Post

Why the CK10? I hear its bass is nice but I want good highs and mids and soundstaging too. Please help...

I just got the GR07 mk2, and there an improvement over the mk1 IMO, well maybe not improvement, but sound different - more full. Anyway, there really good IEM's! For the price, I dont think you can do any better.

 

I never tried the ASG-1.2, but really disliked the 1.1. They just sounded.... wrong.

 

Never tried the others on your list.

post #4286 of 6693
I agree with the sentiment that the mk2 isn't an improvement in sq, just different. It's fuller, which I prefer and the new cable is by far superior to the original cable. I still sometimes get some ringing in the treble, like with the original, which is frustrating but overall it sounds really good. That being said, I think the GR04pro that came with my set is an unexpected gem. I really love it.
post #4287 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I agree with the sentiment that the mk2 isn't an improvement in sq, just different. It's fuller, which I prefer and the new cable is by far superior to the original cable. I still sometimes get some ringing in the treble, like with the original, which is frustrating but overall it sounds really good. That being said, I think the GR04pro that came with my set is an unexpected gem. I really love it.

 

 

Please, do tell! Why do you find them that good, and how do they compare to the GR07 MK2?

post #4288 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post


Please, do tell! Why do you find them that good, and how do they compare to the GR07 MK2?

I plan to. Just haven't had time. Busy keeping up with a 2 year old.
post #4289 of 6693

Where can you get the GR07? Anyone knows how it compares to the 100k or the ASG 1.2?

post #4290 of 6693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlooienuker View Post

Where can you get the GR07? Anyone knows how it compares to the ASG 1.2?

 

They're quite different. Sound quality is about on the same level, but the sound signatures are far apart.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread