Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread - Page 6

post #76 of 6229

They both reach to the sub-bass level, but GR07 is much more neutral in volume.

post #77 of 6229
The gr07's are back in stock at lendmeurears.com. Just a heads up!
post #78 of 6229

Hi dweaver,

 

Do the Shure Olives fit the GR07?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

Has anyone expanded a pair of Shure Olives to fit on these? If so how are you liking the sound? I have grown to really love the Shure Olive Tip over any other tip as it doesn't itch like the Comply tips, and doesn't have the sense of suction I get from silicone tips and they seem to stand up well in terms of cleanliness in comparison to comply tips as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

Not owning the DBA2 but owning a pair of SM3 and having owned the TF10, Senn IE8, MTPC/G, Radius DDM, and a hand full of $70-90 IEM's I do think the GR07 is a bargain and a whole lot more, for those of looking for an IEM with bass matched with equally impressive and highs. I read about people bumping the bass and taming to treble at certain frequencies but while those setting can work I am quite happy listening to these using flat. I have not owned 1 other IEM that is this close to what I want sonically from and IEM or comfort wise for that matter.

But I should be working on 4 IEM comparison so will stop now smily_headphones1.gif


 

post #79 of 6229

IEMS rarely touch the Hippo VB in bass.

 

Only thing I know of so far is Atrio, Eterna, Radius, Gold.

 

In different ways.

 

 

post #80 of 6229
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post

Hi dweaver,

 

Do the Shure Olives fit the GR07?
 

 



 

Unfortunately they don't fit out of the box, a person might be able to stretch the core to make it fit, my personal attempt never worked though but I have read where people have used soldering irons to help expand the core I am not that brave to try though. You could simply Devore the olive but I think that wooild cause issues with the foam absorbing frequencies so I have not done that test either. But again others have a different opinion or experience than mine.
post #81 of 6229
@dweaver Are they better than the Shure SE215 for genres like R&B?
post #82 of 6229
I would say a resounding yes because of their ability to reproduce guitars and percussion is so much clearer and detailed. The bass is not as heavy though but I don't think R&B needs a heavy bass just one that is clearly defined and able to go deep both of which the GR07 excels at.

Don't get me wrong I like my SE215 and I think they over perform in comparison to alot of more expensive IEM's just not the GR07 which I think performs as well a lot of of the $3-500 IEM's or at least the ones I have owned.
post #83 of 6229
That is the exact same sentiments as I am having for the GR07. I went from the EX1000 to GR07 and I amazingly don't really miss the EX1000 and in return actually is still impressed with the GR07. This might sound like hype, but that is truly what my first impression is. I am currently working on a review, can't wait to share my experience with you guys on this IEM.
post #84 of 6229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post

IEMS rarely touch the Hippo VB in bass.

 

Only thing I know of so far is Atrio, Eterna, Radius, Gold.

 

In different ways.

 

 

if you liked the VBs bass i wonder how you'll like the FX500s.....IMO these JVCs have the best bass at this price range.
post #85 of 6229

Could the gr07 fit the bill for someone who is looking for someting as detailled/transparent/fast as the re0 with a tad more body and better soundstage?

 

post #86 of 6229
Originally Posted by Jazz9 View Post

Could the gr07 fit the bill for someone who is looking for someting as detailled/transparent/fast as the re0 with a tad more body and better soundstage?

 

 

IMO, Yes.  Overall, it's slightly smoother and less forward than RE0.

post #87 of 6229

Sounds good.

So when I say fast and detailled/transparent with good extension on both ends and a neutral sound (neither bright nor warm), that makes you think of the gr07?

I really don't want something warm, I had the fx500 and have the brainwavz m2 and they were/are far too warm and bassy for me (while having totally recessed mids for the fx500).

Especially for the mids, I want them to be transparent.

The re0s are just a touch too bright and lack a little bass but otherwise are fine (except for their build quality, I bought two pairs and both had channel imbalance so I'm not going down that road again).

 

To be honest I was first thinking of the dba-02 but they seem to have some problems when it comes to their build quality so no dice (maybe the new B2 fare better in that area but they look like clones so who knows...).

So that leaves the GR07 as the only iems in my price range that could possibly be to my liking but hearing some call them warm while other "sterile" I don't really know what to think...

 

post #88 of 6229
Originally Posted by Jazz9 View Post

Sounds good.

So when I say fast and detailled/transparent with good extension on both ends and a neutral sound (neither bright nor warm), that makes you think of the gr07?

I really don't want something warm, I had the fx500 and have the brainwavz m2 and they were/are far too warm and bassy for me (while having totally recessed mids for the fx500).

Especially for the mids, I want them to be transparent.

The re0s are just a touch too bright and lack a little bass but otherwise are fine (except for their build quality, I bought two pairs and both had channel imbalance so I'm not going down that road again).

 

To be honest I was first thinking of the dba-02 but they seem to have some problems when it comes to their build quality so no dice (maybe the new B2 fare better in that area but they look like clones so who knows...).

So that leaves the GR07 as the only iems in my price range that could possibly be to my liking but hearing some call them warm while other "sterile" I don't really know what to think...

 


Yes.. the GR07 is quite fast and crisp for a dynamic driver.. they're very neutral sounding (like the RE0).. and I would think of the GR07 when I hear the characteristics you listed.  As has been stated a thousand times before (by me & others).. burn them in EXTENSIVELY.  In my experience, they've settled after 300 hours or so.  They sound warm out of the box.. and after quite some time, they're very similar sound in overall tonality to an amped RE0.. but with more bass presence/texture, smoother sound, and a wider soundstage.  If you like the RE0 but demand the enhancements you list.. it's safe to say you'll like the GR07. I would take statements that they sound "sterile" with a grain of salt.. they're certainly analytical.. but if you are ok with the sound of the RE0, you'll be fine with the GR07.  Also, the GR07 sound quite good unamped (unlike the RE0).

 

I have the DBA.. it doesn't match the GR07's bass in extension, presence, & texturing.  It's faster than the GR07.. but not by leaps and bounds.. the RE0 reveal more micro-details than the GR07 (probably due to a bit of the smoothness).. but again, not by leaps & bounds.  Build quality on the GR07 is better than both thr DBA & RE0.. by leaps and bounds.

post #89 of 6229

Thanks for the help FlySweep, much appreciated!

post #90 of 6229

how are these for movies?

 

i use the Brainwavz M3 right now for my universal/neutral headphones and for watching movies on my laptop but i might want to upgrade to these if theyre good for non music too.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread