Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread - Page 416

post #6226 of 6321
To each their own I suppose
post #6227 of 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugangel123 View Post
 

Couple of months back I remember some comparisons between the gr07 and the monster gratitudes and they were considered better then the gr07s by alot of members. Yet no one is really bringing them up nowadays. A pair of them is being sold for 50$ here in OZ. Are they still worth it and better then the gr07s ?

I liked the Gratitude more than the GR07 MK2, but mainly because of sound signature.  Gratitude has more bass and a more musical/fun sound signature for pop music.

post #6228 of 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

I liked the Gratitude more than the GR07 MK2, but mainly because of sound signature.  Gratitude has more bass and a more musical/fun sound signature for pop music.

how would you say the cables and overall build quality compare to the gr07? 

 

the treble comparison? the gr07 is really a hit or a miss for a lot of people (for me its almost a homerun, theres a bit of siblance i can't fully overlook sometimes depending on the recording

post #6229 of 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post
 

how would you say the cables and overall build quality compare to the gr07? 

 

the treble comparison? the gr07 is really a hit or a miss for a lot of people (for me its almost a homerun, theres a bit of siblance i can't fully overlook sometimes depending on the recording

I don't have either any longer, but if I recall, Gratitude has flat cable.  I haven't heard of anyone complaining about its build quality.  My beef with the gratitude was sibilance and harsh treble, similar to GR07 MK2 treble.

 

I posted this compare back in December:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-zero-audio-doppios-pg1197-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724/17850#post_10104047

post #6230 of 6321

The GR07 basically does everything better than the Gratitude. The Gratitude has ridiculously overblown bass (it's elevated some 15 dB), a syrup-like midrange, and harsh, peaky treble. There's nothing "fun" or "musical" about them; they smear detail, have an unnatural timbre, and pretty much suck all the "music" out of the music.

The GR07 has some resonance issues in the lower treble, and is a bit peaky up top, but has a far more natural timbre, better ergonomics, are more detailed, more transparent, and have a better, more spacious presentation. 

post #6231 of 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondite View Post
 

The GR07 basically does everything better than the Gratitude. The Gratitude has ridiculously overblown bass (it's elevated some 15 dB), a syrup-like midrange, and harsh, peaky treble. There's nothing "fun" or "musical" about them; they smear detail, have an unnatural timbre, and pretty much suck all the "music" out of the music.

The GR07 has some resonance issues in the lower treble, and is a bit peaky up top, but has a far more natural timbre, better ergonomics, are more detailed, more transparent, and have a better, more spacious presentation. 

For pop and rock music, I preferred the Gratitude, but as you can see in my sig, they're not that far apart.

post #6232 of 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondite View Post
 

The GR07 basically does everything better than the Gratitude. The Gratitude has ridiculously overblown bass (it's elevated some 15 dB), a syrup-like midrange, and harsh, peaky treble. There's nothing "fun" or "musical" about them; they smear detail, have an unnatural timbre, and pretty much suck all the "music" out of the music.

The GR07 has some resonance issues in the lower treble, and is a bit peaky up top, but has a far more natural timbre, better ergonomics, are more detailed, more transparent, and have a better, more spacious presentation. 

cant the  "syrupy mid range" be interpreted as a good thing? 

 

i like a liquid midrange that i can just melt into

 

the gr07 is my fave iem but thats not saying it doens't have faults

 

its spacious but a bit diffuse at the same time, theres no centralized image

 

its also mildly siblant so that can get annoying and noticeable when your A/Bing headphones

 

in otherwords the gratitude is not for a detailed freak, its a smooth easy going sound signature.

 

the midrange is natural and clear a bit warm but i would not say the midrange envelops you

 

i would love to get a pair of gratitudes because of that midrange you described and that bass emphasis--> easy listening for sure

post #6233 of 6321

If the GR07 and TDK BA200 are my favourite IEMs, what else would you suggest I look into? Both are just about perfect for me, I'm just curious. Nothing above $200 please :P

post #6234 of 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett View Post
 

If the GR07 and TDK BA200 are my favourite IEMs, what else would you suggest I look into? Both are just about perfect for me, I'm just curious. Nothing above $200 please :P

 

Recabled MH1 from ZMF headphones. Top tier imo, and a lot of different cable and plug options. 

post #6235 of 6321

Oh, I have an MH1 hehe. Good pairing :)

post #6236 of 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett View Post
 

If the GR07 and TDK BA200 are my favourite IEMs, what else would you suggest I look into? Both are just about perfect for me, I'm just curious. Nothing above $200 please :P

Zero Audio Carbo Doppio, Fostex TE-05, Dunu DN-1000, KEF M200 seem to be highly recommended.

post #6237 of 6321

Are the two new Zero Audio models single and dual BA? I will look into the Tenore, however

 

Dunu is on my list for one day too!

post #6238 of 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett View Post
 

Are the two new Zero Audio models single and dual BA? I will look into the Tenore, however

 

Dunu is on my list for one day too!

Yes, Singolo is single BA and Doppio is Dual BA, but people have said that they have more bass than Tenore, even though they are BA.  I haven't tried them though.

post #6239 of 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

For pop and rock music, I preferred the Gratitude, but as you can see in my sig, they're not that far apart.

I'd never, ever consider using the Gratitudes for rock music. The best and most interesting parts of rock music are the intricate guitar lines, drum/brush work, and screamed vocals, all of which are masked considerably my the Gratitudes obnoxiously overblown bass. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post
 

cant the  "syrupy mid range" be interpreted as a good thing? 

 

i like a liquid midrange that i can just melt into

 

the gr07 is my fave iem but thats not saying it doens't have faults

 

its spacious but a bit diffuse at the same time, theres no centralized image

 

its also mildly siblant so that can get annoying and noticeable when your A/Bing headphones

 

in otherwords the gratitude is not for a detailed freak, its a smooth easy going sound signature.

 

the midrange is natural and clear a bit warm but i would not say the midrange envelops you

 

i would love to get a pair of gratitudes because of that midrange you described and that bass emphasis--> easy listening for sure


Not really, not unless you like the sound of someone trying to sing through 3 panes of glass, which is basically what it sounds like because the harmonics are so weak compared to fundamentals.

I'd much rather have lean, clear midrange with rich texturing than an overly smooth, veiled midrange lacking detail. 

The GR07 image is a bit diffuse, but it still images well enough for the listener to localize audio cues, and to create a sense of space between instruments. Everything is enveloped and overpowered by a dull bass hum with the Gratitudes. 

The sibilance is an issue, but your brain will adjust. That's why I don't understand why people buy colored headhphones, because the brain is going to try its best to EQ them to flat anyway, essentially defeating the purpose. The difference is that truly flat headphones already have a natural timbre and tone, and colored headphones never will. 

The Gratitude is not "easy listening." I don't consider having my ears pounded by bass and pierced by sharp treble to be easy listening. I consider the HD600 to be easy listening: mostly neutral with a warm tilt and smooth treble with excellent clarity, low distortion, and clean decay. 

post #6240 of 6321

I feel obligated to share this story here. The TLDR is: LendMeURears is really awesome. 

 

I bought a MKI in 2012. About 13 months later, they developed a fault where touching the audio jack caused the sound to fade in and out. Even though the warranty was only for 1 year, the lendmeurears guys were happy to send me a replacement (an MKII actually, since they were out of MKIs). Granted, It took about a month for the replacement to arrive, but considering the circumstances, I couldn't complain. 

This was about 6 months ago. A few days ago, the right can of the replacement MKII started producing a rattling noise at high volumes. I emailed lendmeurears expecting them to tell me that they won't do anything; but guess what, they told me they will send me a replacement one last time. 

 

Long story short: if you want to buy a VSONIC, get it from lendmeurears.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread