Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread - Page 362

post #5416 of 6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

LOL Are you seriously expecting 50% improvement after burn-in? I personally didn't find it change that much with burn-in - maybe a touch smoother treble, so let's say like a 5% change. 

EDIT :


Edited by Poetic - 7/12/13 at 2:33am
post #5417 of 6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-fi amateur View Post


They do get better with burn-in, although they should sound better than anything skullcandy out of the box. Maybe you're not getting a good seal, try wearing some of the many other assorted tips.

EDIT:


Edited by Poetic - 7/12/13 at 2:38am
post #5418 of 6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikuLover View Post

I feel really troubled now i just got my GR07 MK2 and it sounds so horrible right out of the box I feel that my previous skullcandy titan is even better =.= will this change as time goes by?

The Vsonic Gr07's didn't get fully in burned until about at least 120hours for me. This was back when I had my Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary that had a ridiculously long battery life. But anyways I burned them both in, so win win :). The Sibilance, the treble and everything gets really smooth and clean after about 100hours +. Then they start to sound really flat and fast while still remaining very engaging especially the bass. I'm sure everyone has seen the GR07's improve over long periods of  burn in especially since it's a Dynamic IEM. .I just didn't see it's full potential until 100+ hours, and til this day the Vsonic GR07 is still one of my favorite IEM's.


Edited by Poetic - 7/12/13 at 2:40am
post #5419 of 6311

I would consider a recable from BTG as I know Brian does good work over there. My concern is with the usability of the new cable. I like to have a very flexible soft cable with iem's. Mostly because of the fit around the ear. And I don't like a "wirey" feel to iem cables. Could someone who has got the recable from BTG comment on this?

 

thanks...

post #5420 of 6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

I would consider a recable from BTG as I know Brian does good work over there. My concern is with the usability of the new cable. I like to have a very flexible soft cable with iem's. Mostly because of the fit around the ear. And I don't like a "wirey" feel to iem cables. Could someone who has got the recable from BTG comment on this?

 

thanks...


I think it's plenty soft and much less tangle-prone than the stock cable. I think it's a no-brainer for fellow hard-core devotees of the GR07. I'll post pics soon, probably tomorrow.

post #5421 of 6311

Cool, thanks. What's the going rate for the recable?

post #5422 of 6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Cool, thanks. What's the going rate for the recable?

Google that sh*t... :P

 

http://btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#!/~/category/id=2609075&offset=0&sort=normal

 

Looks like its $50 for the midnight cable.

post #5423 of 6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post

Google that sh*t... :P

 

http://btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#!/~/category/id=2609075&offset=0&sort=normal

 

Looks like its $50 for the midnight cable.


That sounds about right. Mine had black sheathing, a right-angled Oyaide plug, and shipping costs to Vietnam, so it was about double (but I feel like it was worth it).

post #5424 of 6311

im not sure if this has been said, but apperently vsonic's going to release the gr07 mk iii in october of this year if all goes well

post #5425 of 6311
I love the GR07... my favorite IEM so far and reminds me of my LCD-2 I used to have. Aside from it being pretty comfortable, the sound is so nice. My ears never experience fatigue and I just get lost in them sometimes. I am just wondering if there is anything you would consider a 'big' step up (I know, subjective! But, I am here for opinions).

I do not know what I am expecting though... all of these higher IEMs have many drivers in it, etc. I've never tried any of them and I am not sure what any of those extras do to the sound. I just want a sound that I can get lost in deeper than my GR07. So, I guess my only requirement is that it must have a similar sound signature (by that I mean fatigue-free and I guess that is subjective as well rolleyes.gif). As for genres, I pretty much listen to everything I can get my hands on redface.gif .

As for the budget, if you could recommend a few IEMs that are under $300 (you could go higher if you think it will match my requirement), that would be great! biggrin.gif

Thank you for your help! smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: I noticed GR07 is meant to be used as stage monitor. Should I be looking at stage monitor IEMs?
post #5426 of 6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing4me View Post



As for the budget, if you could recommend a few IEMs that are under $300 (you could go higher if you think it will match my requirement), that would be great! biggrin.gif

Thank you for your help! smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: I noticed GR07 is meant to be used as stage monitor. Should I be looking at stage monitor IEMs?

I've been listening to my friend's vsonic for a week now and my usual setup is the W4R. for something under $300 you prob will have a hard time to find something that can be called worth upgrading. You'll really have to go higher with the big boys to really notice a difference.

post #5427 of 6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post

I've been listening to my friend's vsonic for a week now and my usual setup is the W4R. for something under $300 you prob will have a hard time to find something that can be called worth upgrading. You'll really have to go higher with the big boys to really notice a difference.
What if I doubled my budget to $600?
post #5428 of 6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing4me View Post

What if I doubled my budget to $600?

For that budget I'd recommend the Aurisonics asg-2. It's a complete upgrade to the gr07 in every way. I'm one of the biggest fans of the 07, and I've compared it to iems worth many times its price, and still found the gr07 better.

Look at the link in my signature to read up on the g2.
post #5429 of 6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

For that budget I'd recommend the Aurisonics asg-2. It's a complete upgrade to the gr07 in every way. I'm one of the biggest fans of the 07, and I've compared it to iems worth many times its price, and still found the gr07 better.

Look at the link in my signature to read up on the g2.
Gosh, the price is so high... I read about the ASG-1.2 and might try those out instead. I know there is a universal of them. Also, I heard that there will be a universal version of the ASG-2?
post #5430 of 6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing4me View Post

Gosh, the price is so high... I read about the ASG-1.2 and might try those out instead. I know there is a universal of them. Also, I heard that there will be a universal version of the ASG-2?

The ASG-2 is the universal version, and it costs $550. It's not on their website yet, so email them at in-ear@aurisonics.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread